nascar / car racing / deaf racers

The Deaf Guy

Reaction score
Anybody here a fan of nascar racing? Long time supporter of jeff gordon since he first raced in babe ruth #1 ford race car... who's your fave and why? and how long you have been a fan of him

Anybody race anything out there? Or even partipate in mudding events? Anything? I can't be the only deaf motorhead out there

Well if you have any questions about nascar or confused about some things like "lucky dog" feel free to ask I like to talk about racing among other things

Digger is a new character that they made up last year this year they made up a whole family of digger only available on the fox channel show

There's a few racing website that you could check out like jayski.com and racingone.com that'll help you learn more about nascar and what's happening in nascar

You are not alone, I am currently building a 1979 camaro for the track. But due to my new job and moving to another town, I had to leave my car at my parent's house to get things settled.

I am more of a quarter mile, dirt track, off-road kind of guy.

100_1521.jpg

100_3134.jpg

Buddy's rig but me driving,

100_3596.jpg

But as a Mechanical Reliability Engineer, I am learning a lot about the tools I am responsible for and learning the rope on how the investigation of how a tool failed is implemented.

That camaro sure looks good I bet you feel naked not having that thing next to you

I see that you like rock climbing im glad your doing it the correct way some of those goofballs use nothing but their hands and feets to rock climb ill pass on that method of climbing but hey if it got wheels or tits it'll cost you money but it'll be fun!

You are not alone, I am currently building a 1979 camaro for the track. But due to my new job and moving to another town, I had to leave my car at my parent's house to get things settled.

I am more of a quarter mile, dirt track, off-road kind of guy.

100_1521.jpg

100_3134.jpg

Buddy's rig but me driving,

100_3596.jpg

But as a Mechanical Reliability Engineer, I am learning a lot about the tools I am responsible for and learning the rope on how the investigation of how a tool failed is implemented.

Looks nice and simple. Good job!

Yea it does feel odd that I can't go outside and tinker with the car when I want to. I was going to get the body smoothed out in afew places and finish sanding everything down and spray some epoxy primer builder to make sure it's smooth. Then prepare it for paint.

But it's got to wait for now.

As for rock crawling, he built that buggy, but I have helped him with so many projects in the past, that he lets me drive them cause he knows I would fix it if I break it! LOL

I found his weak link in his 79 chevy short wheel base 4x4. Turned out it was the NP203 which is a transfer case if anyone didn't know. $300 later I had a stronger NP205 in it! LOL

Thanks for the reply Highlander, can't wait to get it finished.

Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets go racing boys!

I'm more into watching drift racing or auto cross stuff. I like the twisties!

This is a AE86 with a black top 20 valve 4 cylinder produces around 158 hp at 7800 rpm.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iDk3TEPgCA]YouTube - KT AE86 drift show[/ame]

Anybody here a fan of nascar racing? Long time supporter of jeff gordon since he first raced in babe ruth #1 ford race car... who's your fave and why? and how long you have been a fan of him

Anybody race anything out there? Or even partipate in mudding events? Anything? I can't be the only deaf motorhead out there

I am Jeff Gordon's huge fan since 1996 :D Why???? Mmmmm, I try to remember why back in '96. I love his car and that is why and besides he is sexy :naughty:

I guess you are a football fan too, because of the tight pants?

:lol: no, no, no not because of tight pants. I love football because I learn to love football. I picked the Patriots because I look at the colors of teams and how they played. Red, White and blue and Patriots played real good so i choose them. I did made a right choice :cool2:

:lol: no, no, no not because of tight pants. I love football because I learn to love football. I picked the Patriots because I look at the colors of teams and how they played. Red, White and blue and Patriots played real good so i choose them. I did made a right choice :cool2:

I'm a Washington fan. Even though I never lived in Washington and they have been doing poorly lately.

It seems like I should be a Houston Texan fan, but i can't bring myself to switch.

You obviously watch some nascar who do you cheer for?

not watched any this year.. missed daytona too. been busy.. but i guess michael waltrip or jimmie johnson now that dale earnhardt has gone to the big race track in the sky.

and jeff gordon?!?! :barf::barf::barf:

Last edited:
I don't really follow or care for NASCAR... but my cousin is a front tire-changer for Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

I'm a Washington fan. Even though I never lived in Washington and they have been doing poorly lately.

It seems like I should be a Houston Texan fan, but i can't bring myself to switch.

:hmm: it is never too late to switch...many people often asks me why I never choose either Eagles or Pittsburgh even though they are in my state. I said why??? Is there a rule about it, pphhttt...I choose whomever I want. I stick with my Patriots.

There is never a rule who you wanna choose in any sport, period... hear that guys??? I ain't gonna choose Phillies either...

Don't worry, Washington Redskins will surprise you in the future. Like they did the beginning of last season. They did lot better than the year before...

Well guys, I ain't changing my mind about my Jeff Gordon. And guys, I ain't cleaning up after ya boys!!! :lol:

i just got into nascar but i love it!! i'm a big Joey Logano fan.. he's a cutie :)
i'm actually watching the Atlanta race right now... love it!

i'm also watching UNC v. Duke. I'm a huge Carolina fan {love Tyler Hansbrough}
--- can't decide which one is more important so i am flipping back and forth when nascar's on caution or the UNC game is on commercial break.

Back