Wear underwear and deodorant or get fired!

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fla. city to workers: Wear underwear, deodorant - Yahoo! News

Fla. city to workers: Wear underwear, deodorant
Buzz Up Send
Email IM .Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks .Print ..Thu Jun 18, 3:07 pm ET
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. – A Florida city is cleaning up with a new dress code that requires city workers to wear underwear and use deodorant. The city council in Brooksville north of Tampa recently approved a dress code that instructs employees to observe "strict personal hygiene."

It also prohibits exposed underwear, clothing with foul language, "sexually provocative" clothes and piercings anywhere except the ears.

Repeat offenders can be fired.

The city council approved the dress code 4-1 as part of a wider effort to update existing policies and ordinances.

The one vote in opposition came from Mayor Joe Bernadini. He said the underwear edict "takes away freedom of choice."

The unbelievable part is really that you actually have to spell out these kind of things for workers.

Civilization is in decline! :P

Well, good thing I don't live there. I'd have to start wearing underwear. :lol:

I wish they'd implement those rules in schools. I really wish some people would shower as well as put on deoderant and underwear. It makes my day better. :lol:

Nothing worse than trying to work with a "smelly" co-worker!...Too much perfume...no deodorant...hair spray...seeing the crack of their asses when they bend over to pick up something....Seems to me if they are old enuf' to try to make a living, they are old enuf' to be considerate of others!

As for underwear...as long as no one knows if you wear them or not...I see nothing wrong with it! Your choice!...As long as you don't end over wearing a dress...or spreading ur legs, even crossing ur legs!....and the dress hikes up showing toooo much!...Wearing long pants is best, dark colors!....And some women can wear the "pant girdle"...it shows no lines! Which I liked to wear when I wore pants.

well, at least I got one article covered. Not sure about the rest. I guess I'll stay in school and enjoy the freedom while it lasts.

No one wants to work with some one with major B.O. and look at their crack all day.

I know in some schools, kids get sent home for having major B.O.

It violates the Dress and hygiene code.

Kids also get sent home for not following the dress codes.

So it should apply for all public workers. It affects how the company is perceived as well.

What about people who are from cultures where deordant isnt used? Would that be an infringement on their beleifs? I do not like BO but I know some people believe in going the "natural" way. :dunno:

What about people who are from cultures where deordant isnt used? Would that be an infringement on their beleifs? I do not like BO but I know some people believe in going the "natural" way. :dunno:

Then they need to bring the natural soap with them, and wash their armpits when they start smelling.

The unbelievable part is really that you actually have to spell out these kind of things for workers.

:werd:

I've actually seen some workers who don't wear deodorant. One time, I was standing 20 feet away from him... and could still smell him!

:werd:

I've actually seen some workers who don't wear deodorant. One time, I was standing 20 feet away from him... and could still smell him!

Or even stand 20 feet away from a "hanging loose" male co-worker in his jogging pants with no underwear! :giggle:

You can see everything all right there!! My one good eye can see everything!
1eyesmilie.gif

If they start checking the city workers for underwear, I'd bet the workers would rebel.

Just curious as to how many languages they needed to use to fulfill all the legal stuff? Next thing you know, the city will end up paying for underwear for the employees....:roll:

I thought underwears should not be required as long they wear something to cover is fine.. strange policy, indeed.

But deodorants, please! I really hate them because some people especially women over-exceed using it on themselves. My wife works at a store and sometimes she get bad headaches from those who over-exceed passing by her. Not only this and that, but many deodorants are bad for the air and your lungs, too! Unless they use organic deodorants, that is cool.

So both rules are stupid and over the line with the employees in general, I think.

Back