My Husband passed away.

Bebonang

Reaction score
I want to tell you that my husband of almost 15 years of marriage had passed away at 10:05 pm on June 6, 2012. He was 62 years old. He had suffered a great deal of health issues including his bad livers. He had been an alcoholic since he was 15 years old. Two of his family members and I will do all the planning and preparing at the funeral home for his wake and his burial. Then We will go to the Band office to discuss with the Chief and his Councilors about his passing. Then we will go to the Catholic Church to talk with the priest about the Mass. We will have a wake for him and probably have some coffee and dessert while visiting my husband. We will have native ceremonies to smudge and pray for him to the Creator. I hope someone will set up Tipii (Tepee) to start a fireside where the Fire Keepers will keep the fire going for three days or four days. Then we will take my husband to the cemetery for his burial. Then after that, we will have reception to eat food and talk about my husband at the Complex. So rest in peace, my dear husband. I will always miss him forever in my heart. :(

I'm sorry he's gone. He will be in a better place now. :(

Im sorry to hear that...Alcoholics die in their 30s so Im sure your husband feel fortunate to live for more than 60 yrs.

oh dear oh dear Bebonang... :grouphug:

I am so sorry for your loss Bebonang. I pray you have loving people around you to support you through this difficult time. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

62 is way. To young. Hope his passing was. Peaceful. In a way you are lucky in that you have both the catholic and. Indian ceremonies. It let's you come to terms better with your husbands passing. Keep. Us updated on the indian ceremonies, they sound interesting, and more respectful

I'm sorry about your husband and he will be rest in peace. :( :hug:

:( I'm so sorry for your loss Bebonang. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husbabd... May he rest in eternal peace... May you find solace and peace in the beautiful memories you two shared.

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. May he rest in peace. :( :hug:

My condelences to you on your hubby's passing.. may he find the peace he sought for.. Amen.

Bebonang: condolence and prayers on your husband's death-an extreme trying time!

Back