Where were you 30 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby and I and our daughter lived in Goose Creek, SC, at that time. Hubby was on active duty with the Navy, and I was in the Naval Reserve. The hostage taking was very upsetting to us.

The year before, we were both on active duty in the Navy in Pensacola, FL. We worked in a command where we had contact with the Iranian military flight students. The Shah's problems and Iranian unrest were very real and constant threats to us.

I was just home from the hospital after having my first baby.

I was in school. I remember that day very well. everyone was upset about it.

Last edited:
In kindergarten! That was the time where I was introduced to the globe, and my dad was pointing out Iran, Russia, and the military base we were living in at the time. A year later, I remember seeing on the news about a failed rescue attempt by the Marine Corps, severeal helecpters ended up going down.

was a student at Utah school for the deaf! I don't even remember anything about this event..I am sure my hubby does.

I was in grade <elementary> school, probably playing on playground <or I should say, NOT playing cuz I did terrible at playground games, didn't understand them; kids didn't wanna pick me> so, more likely on playground, trying to avoid being harassed, standing around watching other kids.
Am sure had no clue about Iran hostage thing.

I wasnt born tilll 1990....

I was in the 6th or 7th grade at that time.

Just released from a halfway house in Minneapolis and living in Mpls.

I was only 7 years old...who knows what I was doing at that time.

I was in High School, and I remember these uneasy event.

What release these hostage is Ronald Reagan had won election and warned them that he will take steps to end the hostages situation and he did!

I wasn't born in 1979, my mother was college student when Iranian revolution started and many college students were very upset.

I was swimming around between two legs and inside of a ball. 9 years later I was borned... Can anyone tell me how old I am?

I was around 3 years old that time...so I don't remember what happened. I was somewhere in California that time.

I was hanging out in the womb completely oblivious to the outside world. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back