What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had leftover spaghetti and microwaved some without making it hard by wetting the spaghetti first and zapping it for 30 sec and added the sauce and continued for 60 sec.

The sauce my parents left me at the apartment I am at now had three meatballs. I finished those on other nights, so I just added a bunch of spices tonight. The first time I cooked the spaghetti, I put the entire one pound in the pot on the stove, giving me a lot of leftover spaghetti. So I got more sauce.

Tonight we had oyster stew, made from fresh oysters from Willapa Bay. We always buy a quart of extra-smalls, then have panfried one day, stew another day and then panfried again until they are all gone. 'Here a quart of Extra Small oysters is only $10.50 and they last for 3 days! And they are right off of the belt where they harvest them.

Yum Yum!

This evening dinner will be "Chicken With Lemons And Olives".

Recipe:

4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

Seasoned Flour (Flour Seasoned With Salt, Pepper, And 1 Teaspoon Oregano)

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

2 Tablespoons Butter

1 Cup White Wine

2 Lemons, Peeled But Left Whole

Juice From 1 Lemon

1 Cup Chicken Broth

12 Black Olives, Pitted And Chopped

1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley

Salt & Pepper

To Finish:

2 Tablespoons Butter

Cut each chicken breast into 3 slices, and pound thin. Dredge the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy frying pan and once hot cook the chicken in batches on medium heat until golden brown and cooked through. Place the chicken pieces on a warm tray and cover.

Add the wine to the pan and on medium high heat, scrape up the browned bits on the bottom. Cook until the wine has reduced by half. Slice the lemons thinly about 1/8 of an inch thick. Add the lemons, lemon juice, and chicken broth to the pan and cook over medium until the lemons are tender and the liquid has reduced. Add the olives, parsley, and butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a platter, and pour the sauce on top. Serve.

Note: If your sauce has not thickened as much as you would like, you can easily thicken it by whisking in 1 Tablespoon of softened butter mixed with 1 teaspoon of flour.

Very easy to cook! Try! !

:afro:

M-

I took chicken and ground beef out yesterday soooo not too sure what to fix! :hmm:

i had turkey meatball spaghetti,broccoli,fresh garlic bread and key lime pie..yum :)

Just Tuna fish mix light mayo.. with break up one slice sharp cheese * no bread* and Fresh Orange..

Now I am eat 8 fresh strawberry dip with melt chocolate Yummmmmyy!!

My girls ate Fish Sticks and FF.. Few Fresh Strawberry... Yum!!

Tonight, meat loaf, scalloped potatoes, and green beans. Fianlly had time to cook a real meal!:giggle:

I had soup :ugh3:

I'm not an expert at cooking so I usually cook plain food. lol but Tonight, I had soup. My daughter didn't eat, she's been sick. My hubby had tomato soup. Sounds like fun!?

Not sure yet, cuz I may be on the can for the next two years....:giggle:

Grilled salmon with a touch of orange.

Steamed asparagus.

Dinner rolls.

Caesar salad.

Cranberry cheesecake for dessert.

Tonight my Dinner...

Chicken Sausage with flavor spicy Ginger, Pilaf rice and Roast cherry tomatoes with garlic, salt, pepper mix with Olive oil in Broil Oven! Yummy!!! :D

had steamed shrimps with cocktail sauce ,jasmine long grain rice,fresh green beans yesterday.yumm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back