New to All Deaf.com

Hello, my name is Eunice A. Vazquez, Yuni is my nickname got that when I was little from my paternal aunt. Anyways I just sign up on AllDeaf.com out of curiosity and of course meeting Deaf people from other states.

So I will talk about my background little bit, I am mexican-american, my parents is originally from Mexico. I have 2 younger sisters and one of them is Deaf. I am lucky to have a Deaf sister who understand the same frustration to be in the hearing family who don't use sign often communicate with others while present in front of them.

For those people who knows me may explains me as a lil bit old fashioned for instance I do not thinks like others when it comes with daily life situations. Like for instance when I see situation wrong I would back out and say I wouldn't do it because my guts is telling me it's wrong, except for others who would go ahead and do it no matter what it's right or wrong for them.

When it comes to fashion, I love 1950's style! see that what I mean from above people do think I am old fashioned sometimes when it comes how I wear. Anyway back to the fashion topic I love modern fashion of course but I wouldn't copy what "today's hot, then tomorrow is not hot anymore" I can't keep up with that.

I have so much to say about myself but I think I will end this by one last part about myself. I am proud being a Deaf gal, when my mother found out I was Deaf few months later after I was born and she cried and cried, after telling me this story when I was little girl and I asked my mother why she cried when she found out. She said because she was sad and lost about how I could survive in real world with 2 Deaf ears. I told my mother "Mom I can walk, I can see, I can do anything I want, and God knows what he is doing and he gave me a special gift is that nobody can handle is being a Deaf person because he knew I will be strong enough to handle this because being Deaf is not a disabled but being different is what I can cope with, because everybody is different period, and I was born this way." :wave:

Oh one more thing I am currently from the state of Colorado.. Please feel free to talk to me.. I won't bite you! =)

What a very interesting story you have got there! very positive as well! sound like we have kind of common here well as you already know all the deaf people we are is common i love the old fashion 1950's style to even music too well i wear two hearing aids to able to hear the music i always love the music 1930s to 1960s.. i just wish all the worlds see it because you said it all so i feel the same what you said for what you wrote! in my life since when i was born deaf it's all went very complicated!! and i am very glad that i am deaf!! so you know we have a same common here!! very interesting!!!

Back