Study: Tax Cuts for the Rich Don't Spur Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does my post say I'm speaking of the unemployed? It does not.
There are people who have lived on entitlements all their life and have paid no taxes because of that. This is totally unfair to all Americans.

From your post.
those who earn little or nothing at all must also pay a fair share.

Those include unemployed and anyone with no income so you basically say all people earn nothing must pay fair share.

If you don't say so please watch your word - it can be pretty universe, boarder.

correct me if I'm wrong. majority of people you're speaking of are either permanently disabled or living in poverty, yes?

Yup, there are people unable to work due to disabled.

I would love to do away with the IRS and replace it with Fair Tax.

I don't mind about Fair Tax, or GST to replace the income tax, if rate is reasonable to general.

Canada has lower income tax than in US now.

Not surprised.

Other idea - you can mix the Fair Tax or GST with income tax, so income tax will be much lower.

From your post.

Those include unemployed and anyone with no income so you basically say all people earn nothing must pay fair share.

If you don't say so please watch your word - it can be pretty universe, boarder.

Yup, there are people unable to work due to disabled.

The very word "unemployed" must mean that the person was once employed and DID pay taxes. You well know there are Americans whom have never been employed, by choice, and there are Americans living in poverty by choice. They won't join with the unemployed in looking for a job.

Thats comminist way. It wont happen here in democracy. This is Capitalism, remember.

All income should be capped at $100,000 (per taxpayer). Anything above and beyond shall be collected as tax.

UNemployment does not necessary have anything to do with taxes. The word unemployment simply means a person is currently seeking a job but does not have a job.

The very word "unemployed" must mean that the person was once employed and DID pay taxes. You well know there are Americans whom have never been employed, by choice, and there are Americans living in poverty by choice. They won't join with the unemployed in looking for a job.

It is American's choice to work or not work, whatever they want, the income tax applies when you get income ($$$$$) from job.

There are a lot of poverty do have low wage job like McDonald's, Burger King, Krystal, Waffle House and many food places that you earn a little money, even worse if they are part time.

Do not assume any Americans who live under poverty, are lazy or not work, also life isn't easy, period.

by choice? let me guess.... you believe in "illegitimate rape" too :roll:

UNemployment does not necessary have anything to do with taxes. The word unemployment simply means a person is currently seeking a job but does not have a job.

Well said. And it is also true that unemployment means that the person was once working.....and paying taxes. This person is looking to get back to being employed.....and paying taxes.

Well said. And it is also true that unemployment means that the person was once working.....and paying taxes. This person is looking to get back to being employed.....and paying taxes.

how does unemployed person pay tax?

It is American's choice to work or not work, whatever they want, the income tax applies when you get income ($$$$$) from job.

There are a lot of poverty do have low wage job like McDonald's, Burger King, Krystal, Waffle House and many food places that you earn a little money, even worse if they are part time.

Do not assume any Americans who live under poverty, are lazy or not work, also life isn't easy, period.

I never did assume anything so you should not assume I did. I'm well aware there are people who stay in low paying jobs and don't improve their life situation.....after all I started on the bottom too but did not stay there, I fought to improve my life.
You are right that we can not force people to work. And I ask, kindly, that you finally admit that there are Americans who pay no taxes because they refused to work.

I never did assume anything so you should not assume I did. I'm well aware there are people who stay in low paying jobs and don't improve their life situation.....after all I started on the bottom too but did not stay there, I fought to improve my life.
You are right that we can not force people to work. And I ask, kindly, that you finally admit that there are Americans who pay no taxes because they refused to work.

Darn tootin' there are!...I know several.

You misunderstand me. Unemployed can apply to those who never work before and just got out of High school or college and start looking for job. You may be confused with Unemployment insurance law, if never employed or less than a year, can't collect unemployment checks. UNemployed and unemployment Insurance are two different definition.

You misunderstand me. Unemployed can apply to those who never work before and just got out of High school or college and start looking for job. You may be confused with Unemployment insurance law, if never employed or less than a year, can't collect unemployment checks. UNemployed and unemployment Insurance are two different definition.

I respectfully disagree. The reason why is that yes I can see a person just out of high school or college beginning to look for a job. But they are not unemployed, they are looking for their first job. These are the very people that can and should find a position quickly. Granted, they might not get the position they really want but they must care for themself while searching. Should they make a limited search for only a position they absolutely desire and allow their ego to get in the way of taking a temporary position, that is their problem. And that requires them to take a paying position until they are able to advance themself. After all, I did this and I believe it makes a person stronger and more commited to a self-supporting life forever.

I respectfully disagree. The reason why is that yes I can see a person just out of high school or college beginning to look for a job. But they are not unemployed, they are looking for their first job. These are the very people that can and should find a position quickly. Granted, they might not get the position they really want but they must care for themself while searching. Should they make a limited search for only a position they absolutely desire and allow their ego to get in the way of taking a temporary position, that is their problem. And that requires them to take a paying position until they are able to advance themself. After all, I did this and I believe it makes a person stronger and more commited to a self-supporting life forever.

The basic definition about unemployed is not employed.

Definition of UNEMPLOYED

: not employed:
a : not being used
b : not engaged in a gainful occupation
c : not invested
— unemployed noun

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unemployed

Any students who don't have job, are unemployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back