hi i just found out im hard of hearing

godluvsdeafpeps

Reaction score
hi i need help i found out that i have some hearing lose and need help with what to do any ideals?

Welcome to all deaf, what do you need help with?

There's a thread here that might help:

(looking for it)

welcome 2 Alldeaf! I`m hoh here but sadly, I am almost profoundly deaf since I have a severe loss now :D but hey, what are cool looking hearing aids are for?

How did find out that are HOH , did you have a hearing test , if you did the
audiologist could help you find the right HA. If had not seen an audiologist yet
that is the first thing you need to do. You could ask your doctor for a name of an audiologist.

I like your attitude. Years ago, my audiologist told me, when I was a teenager and self conscious about having my hearing aids exposed for the world to see, that the day was coming when it will be fashionable to have a "hearing aid". He was spot on. Today, I see all kinds of people wearing hearing aid like cell phones in their ear. Bluetooth?

Well, anyways, it is becoming harder to spot a fellow HOH when there are many hearing folks, wearing the latest technology, appearing to have a hearing aid in one ear.

"Sadly, I am almost profoundly deaf"? I have known since I was six years old (I am 46 years old now) that my hearing will continually get worse. I am now considered profoundly deaf. Yes, there are challenges one must deal with from day to day, but in the end, I still prefer to spend my day not hearing, as opposed to hearing all of the time. Once I accepted my hearing loss years ago, I discovered that I do have the advantage over hearing folks in choosing to hear what conversations that I want to hear versus those I want to ignore. Trust me, 90% of what people say in their day to day conversations is a waste of time.

My close friends, knowing the extent of my hearing loss, have no problem with restating an important point should I ask them to repeat it. A hearing loss is only a disability in knowing what is said, not in comprehension of the subject at hand.

LOL thanks! and ik since I hitted the severe rate April this year but who know? a hearing aid with less power will do good for me. 2 much power=:eek3: more in a "crap state"
another thing, having a streamer rocks

Back