Hello from Olive Branch,MS

Medfire911

Reaction score
Hello to all! My Name is Steven and i live in Olive Branch,MS. I am a Paramedic and I am Hearing. I have a wonderful 5 year old daughter that is Deaf. I have been learning ASL and learning about the Deaf culture as much as possible since we found out she was profoundly Deaf , however, i have not been involved with the Deaf community as much as i would like to be! We have attended Deaf picnics and silent dinners through Deaf Connect in Memphis but i don't feel like that it's enough and would like to involve my family more often or perhaps meet other families looking to do the same!

:ty: for having such a wonderful site and please feel free to ask as many questions as you want!( I like to talk.......alot :P)

Hello MedFire911

My wife and I are somewhat new to the Olive Branch Area. Are there every any silent dinners or the like here in OB? Though none of us are D or HH, my wife, my son, and I all sign. We are interested in keeping it up locally. Any information would be appreciated.

danharrisment

Welcome to all deaf...
Sign will set your daughter free..
Is she in, or will she be going to deaf school?

HI :wave: How old was your daughter when you found out she was deaf? I thought babies were tested right away to see if they're hoh or deaf.

Welcome! ANd congrats on giving your kid a full toolbox and range of options!!!!!

that great para medics doing sign hope you gain insight wish more do it..you seem good dad doing what you are I no help I in uk but many on here can help lots parents of deaf child...I put my little spoke in bc deafness knows no nationallity

MedFire was here since 2012. Probably, he forgot all about this alldeaf. I guess he have been busy a whole time. I don't know him. Anyway, Hello Steven, It is nice to meet you.

Hello MedFire911

My wife and I are somewhat new to the Olive Branch Area. Are there every any silent dinners or the like here in OB? Though none of us are D or HH, my wife, my son, and I all sign. We are interested in keeping it up locally. Any information would be appreciated.

danharrisment

You are the one who started the old thread. Medfire911 had not been around for a long time since 2012. This only make one post. You can not get answer from Medfire911 about silent dinners and other events. :roll:

Back