EVIDENCE of being deaf with Hearing Aid device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweetmind.. can you think of any positive things regarding CI.

YAWN repeat it over and over There are many negative side effects that has not been published so why is that?? There are so many hidden serious problem that damaged on deaf children and adults as I know it so..

NO more secertive about this serious serious problem going on in Deaf reality.. so I DONT NEED YOU anymore because it s getting freaking old news from you and Cloggy.

Cloggy said:
You've mentioned that before...."the possibly negative results could be disasterous", but never explained that.
It's easy to say but please explain it!!

Sweetmind is accusing people wrongly AND spreading wrong information. I have no problem if people explain about how it can also NOT be successfull, but to generalise like she does is just plain ... can't find the word.

Any explanation given to her is just ignored and the statement is used over and over again....
Time to give up the black/white view of 10-20 years ago and ask questions instead of just assuming.

And, being hearing; Music is big. It's not a reason to use CI, but for the hearing world it is big.
Try this: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=27296

Sweetmind said:
YAWN repeat it over and over There are many negative side effects that has not been published so why is that?? There are so many hidden serious problem that damaged on deaf children and adults as I know it so..

NO more secertive about this serious serious problem going on in Deaf reality.. so I DONT NEED YOU anymore because it s getting freaking old news from you and Cloggy.

If you know all these secret hidden side effects would you please share them with us and tell us where this information was discovered?

Cloggy said:
Sweetmind is accusing people wrongly AND spreading wrong information. I have no problem if people explain about how it can also NOT be successfull, but to generalise like she does is just plain ... can't find the word.
Whatever.

Cloggy said:
Any explanation given to her is just ignored and the statement is used over and over again....
Time to give up the black/white view of 10-20 years ago and ask questions instead of just assuming.
Again, whatever. You seem convinced that drilling into your daughters head to stick a machine in there was the best thing for her.

Cloggy said:
And, being hearing; Music is big. It's not a reason to use CI, but for the hearing world it is big.
I am hearing and I know that. But it's :topic: here because we're discussing DEAFNESS.

HOw can I be positive things regarding CI while they lied too much to those parents? MIND YOU I know some parents are very hurtful for not told the truth by CI RADICALS AND PROFESSIONALS. I m very disappointed that I dont have to support CI itself and you force me to see positive because it s no difference between HA and CI devices.. So be it!!!!

It s okay for latened deaf to have CI but not for d/Deaf children. So be it! ADULTS can make their choices not to those d/Deaf children..

KNOCK IT OFF ABOUT CI ISSUE that is not related to my post topic.. SEE what I mean.. This is freaking CI Radical s pushing too much as far as it s nothing new here from same old shyte people that has no respect or have a very negative view of deaf people s rights to have their true identity and description of being deaf or deafness from a deaf person who born deaf. PERIOD!

Good bye and thank you for destroy my topic post that i am glad it shows the truth for what people re doing this on purpose.... VERY SELF CENTERED as usual

gnulinuxman said:
Whatever.

Again, whatever.

THIS is exactly the kind of apathy that we're trying to fight against. Whenever you, or sweetmind, are faced with the true facts, all you say is "whatever".

No education can come of such a negative attitude.

I give up. Its like talking to a brick wall. Good luck getting through to either of them, Cloggy - you'll need it.

bashhead.gif

neecy said:
I give up. Its like talking to a brick wall. Good luck getting through to either of them, Cloggy - you'll need it.

bashhead.gif
I just gave you two links with the info your requested on them, and all you're doing is bragging about your CI even more. I've been against Sweetmind's harsh posting, but now you're acting worse than she ever did. :pissed:
5.gif

Sweetmind, sweetie, again it is your childhood speaking:

Of course I am very against CI that hurts d/Deaf children s true identity from the start

it is YOU in all those children, it is YOU -a hurt child- speaking..

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
Sweetmind, sweetie, again it is your childhood speaking:

it is YOU in all those children, it is YOU -a hurt child- speaking..

Fuzzy
I agree. She doesn't want another child to go through what she did. Personally, I think it's sweet. :)

gnulinuxman said:
I just gave you two links with the info your requested on them, and all you're doing is bragging about your CI even more. I've been against Sweetmind's harsh posting, but now you're acting worse than she ever did.

You want me to come up with negatives? There are a plethora of them

- some cochlea's are too occified and transmission of impulses to the auditory nerve is not possible

- some people have a hard time adapting to the sound (mostly those born deaf whom have had no experience hearing sound and are implanted as late teens or adults)

- occasionally an implant itself will fail, but reimplantation can usually (not always) fix that

- it requires dedication and a willingness to take the time to practice listening, and teaching oneself to understand language (if never exposed to it before) some people don't have the dedication or patience to do this.

so yes there are negatives...do you need more? There are also a plethora of positives.

If pointing out mistakes that sweetmind makes is "bragging" then yes I brag.

How am I acting worse than she ever did? I don't go hurling insults at every turn like she does, calling everybody she doesn't agree with an Audist. I'd love to see her educated and actually understand that CI's aren't the end of the deaf world. There are even highly prominent members of the Deaf community who have been implanted and are happy, fully active and involved in deaf culture, and whom have no regrets with their decsions - so her assertion that CI's mean you deny your own deafness and alienate yourself from deaf culture is untrue.

in all hoensty - the only thing i will claim 100% guilt for is trying to educate somebody who for years, has repeated the same arguements, the same mistruths, and refuses to see that CI's aren't the end of the world. Like I said- perhaps I should give up on this crusade of re-education and hoping that one day Sweetmind will see the light. Sometmes you just CAN'T break down the brick walls that people up up around themselves in order to shield themselves from having to acknowledge that the world around them is changing.

Sweetmind said:
.....There are many negative side effects that has not been published so why is that?? There are so many hidden serious problem that damaged on deaf children and adults as I know it so.. ....
Finally some new information.

Can you provide me with some information regarding the problems. I'm sure you are not talking about incidental effects, but in general.
Like we refrain from discussing all the good things that happen with people we know that have CI, I'm sure you are also restraining from discussing the direct experiences you have with CI.

So, let's focus on the general effect that CI has on people.

gnulinuxman said:
Yes, been there. Did you notice the problems with wearing CI: "I want have hearing aids to work in both of ears but I wear hat everyday, it's annoying when pushes CI when wear hat and went messed it up"
I want have hearing aids to work in both of ears but I wear hat everyday, it's annoying when pushes CI when wear hat and went messed it up

gnulinuxman said:
Mr Moore is not the best place to get a unbiassed view on CI. He has the messageboard deafnotes which doesn't like any realistic information about CI.
But have a look on AllDeaf.com. There's lots of information there... if one cares to read.

Sweetmind said:

HOw can I be positive things regarding CI while they lied too much to those parents? MIND YOU I know some parents are very hurtful for not told the truth by CI RADICALS AND PROFESSIONALS. I m very disappointed that I dont have to support CI itself and you force me to see positive because it s no difference between HA and CI devices.. So be it!!!!

It s okay for latened deaf to have CI but not for d/Deaf children. So be it! ADULTS can make their choices not to those d/Deaf children..

KNOCK IT OFF ABOUT CI ISSUE that is not related to my post topic.. SEE what I mean.. This is freaking CI Radical s pushing too much as far as it s nothing new here from same old shyte people that has no respect or have a very negative view of deaf people s rights to have their true identity and description of being deaf or deafness from a deaf person who born deaf. PERIOD!

Good bye and thank you for destroy my topic post that i am glad it shows the truth for what people re doing this on purpose.... VERY SELF CENTERED as usual
That's a NO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back