Skydiving Deaf World Record 2005 - Florida Skydive Center (Oct 14-16)

Mark Rejhon

Reaction score
Hi!

In case you didn't know - I have a skydiving hobby - I recently completed my 100th skydive jump during the Labour Day weekend - photo1, photo2. (I'm the guy in the bright red helmet)

Just writing to let you know about an event called Deaf World Record 2005 at Florida Skydive Center (Lake Wales, near Florida, Oct 14th through 16th - www.deafskydivers.org)

In the off chance there are other additional licensed deaf skydivers who want to join, you may want to contact www.deafskydivers.org to join at the last minute.

Or if you just want to watch.... If you are not a skydiver but you are in Florida or nearby, you're always welcome to watch. The dropzone is located at www.floridaskydiving.com. Everyone is welcome, there is no cost. (Of course, unless you decide to do a First Jump Tandem - which you are welcome to do so - This is where you're strapped to the front of a 500+ jump professional parachutist with a good safety record)

If you are wondering who will be attending, a list of deaf skydivers attending are here: Current list of DWR 2005 attendees ... Plus there will be other people like families and kids there too. There is a dinner event available on Friday and Saturday nights too if you want to meet the people!

AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
I wanna go up the sky! I have jump my first skydiving in back 1996 and I would like to do it again. But I don't live in FL, too far away...

I would like to go skydiving someday.

Gotta to re-do my "will" before I go up the sky... :wiggle:

that is fantastic... my deaf friend from alabama, billy vance, has jumped off the airplane over 1,000 times. he is a true sky diving freak!... he is involved with deaf and hearing sky diving groups for years and years.

good luck, mark. let us know when u reach 1000 times ! :)

Wow, something new to know! I didn't know deaf skydiving club exist....there are so many things I didn't know about deaf run clubs in many categories. It looks like fun, but scary to fall from a sky. *covers my eyes* heh heh

deafclimber said:
that is fantastic... my deaf friend from alabama, billy vance, has jumped off the airplane over 1,000 times.
Yep, he's one of the organizers of Deaf World Record 2005.

I see you're a climber. I've only done walls occasionally at gyms, but someday I want to do the real things. What rock climbing skill level are you? (I'm probably a true wimp at 5.7 or something -- not really rated myself yet -- I really don't have much experience but when winter rolls around I think I'll be pratcing the gyms more, not as afraid as heights as I used to be, when I started skydiving!)
sequoias said:
Wow, something new to know! I didn't know deaf skydiving club exist....there are so many things I didn't know about deaf run clubs in many categories. It looks like fun, but scary to fall from a sky. *covers my eyes* heh heh
Since everyone has to fly from everywhere, this "club" only meets about once every two years for a skydiving boogie (skydiving party), this will be my first time jumping with them!

40% of skydivers are afraid of heights, but that did not stop them from getting all the way to trying their first jump :mrgreen:

Mark Rejhon said:
I see you're a climber. I've only done walls occasionally at gyms, but someday I want to do the real things. What rock climbing skill level are you? (I'm probably a true wimp at 5.7 or something -- not really rated myself yet -- I really don't have much experience but when winter rolls around I think I'll be pratcing the gyms more, not as afraid as heights as I used to be, when I started skydiving!)

yea i haven been in rock climbing for over 11 years. my rate in climbing - well that depends on.... i lead trad climbing 5.8-5.9, i lead sport climbing 5.9-5.10b and toproping - 5.8-5.11b-c. the gym is perfect for you for winter time if you live in canada. i still climb in all year even it is barely cold weather in winter time. i rarely go to the climbing gym. i prefer outdoor climbing.

my friends, who do rock climbing, live in Toronto. linda, karen, and marsha. do you know one of them ?

Since everyone has to fly from everywhere, this "club" only meets about once every two years for a skydiving boogie (skydiving party), this will be my first time jumping with them!

40% of skydivers are afraid of heights, but that did not stop them from getting all the way to trying their first jump :mrgreen:

thanks for the little info about skydiving thing....:D

deafclimber said:
that is fantastic... my deaf friend from alabama, billy vance, has jumped off the airplane over 1,000 times. he is a true sky diving freak!... he is involved with deaf and hearing sky diving groups for years and years.

good luck, mark. let us know when u reach 1000 times ! :)

You know Billy Vance?????? He's my great friend!!! :eek: Yes he loves going skydiving! I've seen him jump from the plane.. Awesome.. that you know him!!!!

ah no kidding ? yea i know him. i met him through his wife, flo, long time ago. do u know her ?

Back