Apple iPhones...

Hearing aid mode on my iPhone is a useless feature to me, my CI can't tell the difference whether I enable it or not, but I do use mono mode to consolodate all stereo channels to one when I use bluetooth. Phone wise, I use the t-mic that is used by an Advanced Bionics CI, I use it like any hearing person would.

Hearing aid mode on my iPhone is a useless feature to me, my CI can't tell the difference whether I enable it or not, but I do use mono mode to consolodate all stereo channels to one when I use bluetooth. Phone wise, I use the t-mic that is used by an Advanced Bionics CI, I use it like any hearing person would.
when I turn on BT and activate my phone clip, I listen to my iphone in true stereo. Its awesome talking to people or listening to music
True, the HA option doesnt do anything for my CI as well and I can hear on my iphone well without using any features.

the HA option on the Android- I've not tried it on an iPhone (not sure if iPad has it or not) is semi useless. There's no difference. But then again most things I listen to in comparing sound quality is useless- they almost always sound the same. Honestly think that Apple and the other makers of smart phones really skimped on this feature and only included it because they don't want to get their asses in trouble.

Still would like to see it included and them improving on it (likely fat chance...).

Back