My Protein ...

When you come from a family like mine it is natural to think of grandparents as being older. Both my folks were born when their parents were older and then they had me when they were older. So, my grandparents were in their 70's when I was born!

The one that I am the surest of the range of is my grandmother and my mother because the similarity in age when each of us was born was talked about. I would have to do more figuring to get more exact for the others. My grandmother was 38 (I would have to check records for if she was exactly 38 or very close to it one way or the other) when she had my mother and my mother was exactly two months shy of 38 when she had me. But the difference was my mother was the 6th one of 7 and I was an only child.

The oldest of my mothers sisters and brothers was 10 years older than mom. Thus i knew of things that happened here in town quite a ways back. My oldest aunt from that side of the family was born in 1894. I was at times asked how old I am because of that.

It also resulted in some of my classmates having grandparents that my mother had known when she was in school. My dad came from an even smaller town close by so didn't have that connection.

My parents were in the 40's when the last two of us came along. I had my girls in my mid-to-late 30's. My oldest had her first when she was 22.

My parents were 20 when I was born, I was 25 when my daughter was born and I was 43 when my son was born.... geeze

and I just realized, talking to my daughters mom... Our daughter is high risk for twins as twins run big on mommas side of the family.... uh oh....lol

Daughter went to doc today, they think she is carrying twins, will know for sure in about a month.
Also my wife called as she took her daughter to the doc.... surprise, Her daughter is pregnant too.
Both of our daughters are guessed to be around 8 weeks now.

Daughter went to doc today, they think she is carrying twins, will know for sure in about a month.
Also my wife called as she took her daughter to the doc.... surprise, Her daughter is pregnant too.

How old is your wife's daughter?

Congratulations to you and your wife (ex-wife?- sorry losing my mind) and daughters!

Twins are cool- will be interesting to see if they are identical or fraternal :).

Congratulations! On being a grandpa

Congratulations to you and your wife (ex-wife?- sorry losing my mind) and daughters!

Twins are cool- will be interesting to see if they are identical or fraternal :).

Yeah, I dont know how to address my wife? Cant live together but staying married and living separately... its odd and it messes with me. We are happier as she runs her house her way and I run mine my way. We still do things together Dinners out, BBQ at home, going to the range ( both are CCW/CCP holders) she is new to shooting so I help her with techniques. Still fix stuff around the house and share/ do things with our son. But thats it, no wife duties so she says.

Anyways, Im waiting to see if its twins before I order the stroller/car seat combos... and some other stuff. Get it early and dont have to rush later.

Did your daughter and stepdaughter find out their due dates from their doctors? I hope not same day. That would be crazy for you.

Did your daughter and stepdaughter find out their due dates from their doctors? I hope not same day. That would be crazy for you.
Oct 4th for my daughter and october 11th for her daughter...our luck both will deliver same day....lol

Last edited:
Well, I get a text from my daughter tonight... she is a lot like me with her humor.
So she starts off saying I stink... so, I text back and so on... then she says , Alex ( my son, her little brother ) will now be known as Uncle Alex.

Ok, OK Wait, WHAT?

She has ovarian cysts and only a 2% chance of ever getting pregnant... and so here, she makes me out to be OLD....

Id rather she didnt have kids... but its her life.

It will be nice that your son and the new baby will be pretty close in age. I pray for the day I get this kind of news. None of my kids are in any hurry to get married or have babies. I'm still young to be a grandma but I want grandkids while I can still move around etc.

Yeah, I dont know how to address my wife? Cant live together but staying married and living separately... its odd and it messes with me. We are happier as she runs her house her way and I run mine my way. We still do things together Dinners out, BBQ at home, going to the range ( both are CCW/CCP holders) she is new to shooting so I help her with techniques. Still fix stuff around the house and share/ do things with our son. But thats it, no wife duties so she says.

Anyways, Im waiting to see if its twins before I order the stroller/car seat combos... and some other stuff. Get it early and dont have to rush later.

I'd wait till the 2nd trimester before buying things. Though I hope she doesn't have a miscarriage, it's always a risk during the 1st trimester .

I'd wait till the 2nd trimester before buying things. Though I hope she doesn't have a miscarriage, it's always a risk during the 1st trimester .
Yes, Thats why Im waiting and also waiting to know for certain if its twins or not, Theres a shadow and they cant tell for certain yet but said that its very likely...

Looks like 2 to me....

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 14
Looks like two to me too... can just about see the one on the left. And you know me with my vision lol.

Babies will sometimes surprise you with due dates and when they're actually born- my nephew did that (he was about a week late and the day before one of our birthdays lol).

re wife- separated? Still doesn't really fit since you do things a lot together but more as friends...

mostly we are made of water, though :)

re grandparents age: most of my friends became grands in their 50ties and 60ties..

Back