Deaf Protest, Washington, DC., Sept. 6-9

Why comparing apples with oranges?

This thread have NOTHING to do with the rebel flag.

There have been protests in the past where they don't expect much to show up only to find out very crowd protests.

I personally would hopefully that this is going to be a major positive turn around.

Be prepare what I am going to say about rebel flag in that tread over there...

lol... it is only your opinion.

What bothers me,is the utter lack of an idea we Deaf should really take a look at....SOLIDARITY.
Rather then bitch about the protest, or go out of your way to stop people going for what ever pet reasosn.....solidarity should be the norm, not what looks to me to be preety well, low brow high school ckick back bitting, amongst people, rather then issue statements that state do not go, instead concept called solidarity is more a positive approach..going to this protest doesnt negate going to any other, it doesnt negate protesting at Deaf schools, its not an either or...
The utter contempt for solidirity is alarming, its also clear and makes sense..
No wonder we are getting assimilated faster then we can sign no! No wonder we havnt stood a chance against those who want to rid the world of people like us..
If this thread is anything go by...our ability in understanding and organizing politically is close to grade school...
This guy is at least organizing...
The rest who bitch at home, issuing face book statements of dont go, should learn an interesting idea....
SOLIDARITY
Instead
Its like the cheapest reality tv.ooooohhhh hes a felon.....shhhhhh ohhhhhh dont go...
(Shakes head)

Deaf Protest - Labor Day Weekend in Vero Beach, FL

Anyone living in Florida and unable to attend Deaf Protest in Washington, DC., is welcome to join me in Deaf Protest - Labor Day Weekend in Vero Beach, FL.

Reasons for the protest: To stop the oppression of Deaf Americans, Education, Employment and many more!

Dates: Sept. 5th through Sept. 7th, 2015

Time: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm (depending on weather)

Location: 5812 20th Street, Vero Beach, FL (State Road 60 and 58th Avenue)

Parking: Target parking lot (near Wells Fargo Bank)

Bring your own protest (no profanity, please) signs, water, hat/sunscreen and friends. Tons of traffic (State Road 60) to interact with!

If interested, let me know.

Thank you for reading!

Deaf Devil Dog

Last edited:
This is way too close. You ought to have made notice like 4-8 months ago to allow for planning and getting enough people to show up. I wish you the best of luck, though. I have already more or less decided to step out of the western labor force.

Deaf Protest - Labor Day Weekend in Vero Beach, FL

Anyone is welcome to join me in Deaf Protest - Labor Day Weekend (Sept. 5th through Sept. 7th, 2015) in Vero Beach, FL.

Reasons for the protest: To stop the oppression of Deaf Americans, Education, Employment and many more!

Protest times would be between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - depending on weather.

Bring your own protest signs, water, hat/sunscreen and friends. Tons of traffic (State Road 60) to interact with!

If interested, let me know - I will give you the directions where the protest will take place.

Thank you for reading!

Deaf Devil Dog
Wait..what?

Now I am very confused. Is the protest continuing to be in DC or has it moved to Vero Beach FL or are there now two protests on the same day in two different locations?

4 days before the protest we are just NOW learning about this new location?

*wonders what else we are missing...*

I don't care what they do- if people want to go- go. I am not because I can't afford it on that short of a notice (less than 2 months ago was the first I ever HEARD of the protest). There is very very little information about the protest itself. On top of that- there is another post floating around here saying that there is a Deaf protest (ADA employment etc etc) in Verona Beach Florida. Four days before the date of the protest we hear about this? And that confused me... is the DC one still on? Or is this a secondary one?

I don't see Solidarity when the de facto leader of this protest himself isn't exactly forthcoming and shutting down reasonable questions and concerns instead of addressing them. So the 'contempt' you see flows both ways it seems.

I don't care what they do- if people want to go- go. I am not because I can't afford it on that short of a notice (less than 2 months ago was the first I ever HEARD of the protest). There is very very little information about the protest itself. On top of that- there is another post floating around here saying that there is a Deaf protest (ADA employment etc etc) in Verona Beach Florida. Four days before the date of the protest we hear about this? And that confused me... is the DC one still on? Or is this a secondary one?

I don't see Solidarity when the de facto leader of this protest himself isn't exactly forthcoming and shutting down reasonable questions and concerns instead of addressing them. So the 'contempt' you see flows both ways it seems.

So much of this. This guy explained it right. Sorry Hoichi but I don't really see how solidarity is relevant with this. Most of us do support a protest mainly for good causes but deaf protest is only there for the wrong cause. Charlton got butthurt because he demanded some discount (for being deaf) at some fast food restaurant and he decide to make up the stories about deaf being discriminated with jobs. Yes, they do get discriminated but it usually get resolved fairly quickly, and not only the deaf people are frustrated with things in general... Hearing people are as well and they experience the frustrations with the jobs too. Some of those people have to realize that the job is a privilege, not a right... If you want a job, you pretty much have to earn it.

Also... I don't see how the world is out there to try and destroy the deaf people as well... Lot of people were pretty respectful about deaf nowadays as well. You have to also realize that in the older time (in general) that we have better education for both hearing and deaf, but now...? It's pretty meh which can make it quite difficult to find the jobs for the younger generation because of education.

And I know just because someone is a felon does not mean they're a bad leader, but it really depend on the background... However, Charlton was charged for resisting the police and for aggravated stalking. If you ask me... With those two charges, I would feel really uncomfortable with that 'so-called' leader about that. It's funny because Charlton keep labeling himself as the deaf version of 'Martin Luther King Jr' and he tried to make up claims that MLK got arrested. However, MLK only got arrested on purpose to stand up for the black people, such as sitting in the restaurant that doesn't allow black people to sit back in the time and same concept goes for Rosa Park, she got arrested on purpose to stand up for black people by sitting in front of bus... Did Charlton get arrested on purpose to stand up for deaf people? Nope, he only got arrested for trespassing on some property and for being violent with the police and also with the person Charlton was stalking (hence why it's called aggravated stalking). Charlton also tried to claim himself as the first ADA leader which most of us know is bull anyway.

We are not against protest because we are lazy or whatever it is but mainly because of lack of organization and communication going on with Charlton. Charlton also threw some insults at us and even used some racial and homophobic slurs at us whenever we stated our concerns or tried to help him... How does that look for the deaf protest? You tell me the answer. Some of us already stated that from the impression he left us with, he only wanted to start the protest just so he can get all the special treatments. :lol:

They do have the right place in their heart but they're only doing the protest for selfish gains.

Wait..what?

Now I am very confused. Is the protest continuing to be in DC or has it moved to Vero Beach FL or are there now two protests on the same day in two different locations?

I updated more information to clear up the confusion.

There are more protest(s) planned out there! Austin, TX and more!

Mod note:

Two threads has been merged.

I don't really see what the NAD really can do about this as they are more of an advocacy group and not an activist type of organization. And I think its because they probably get money from the Federal government; thus tying their hands as far as the scope of their mission......I could be wrong but that's what I think.

So much of this. This guy explained it right. Sorry Hoichi but I don't really see how solidarity is relevant with this. Most of us do support a protest mainly for good causes but deaf protest is only there for the wrong cause. Charlton got butthurt because he demanded some discount (for being deaf) at some fast food restaurant and he decide to make up the stories about deaf being discriminated with jobs. Yes, they do get discriminated but it usually get resolved fairly quickly, and not only the deaf people are frustrated with things in general... Hearing people are as well and they experience the frustrations with the jobs too. Some of those people have to realize that the job is a privilege, not a right... If you want a job, you pretty much have to earn it.

Also... I don't see how the world is out there to try and destroy the deaf people as well... Lot of people were pretty respectful about deaf nowadays as well. You have to also realize that in the older time (in general) that we have better education for both hearing and deaf, but now...? It's pretty meh which can make it quite difficult to find the jobs for the younger generation because of education.

And I know just because someone is a felon does not mean they're a bad leader, but it really depend on the background... However, Charlton was charged for resisting the police and for aggravated stalking. If you ask me... With those two charges, I would feel really uncomfortable with that 'so-called' leader about that. It's funny because Charlton keep labeling himself as the deaf version of 'Martin Luther King Jr' and he tried to make up claims that MLK got arrested. However, MLK only got arrested on purpose to stand up for the black people, such as sitting in the restaurant that doesn't allow black people to sit back in the time and same concept goes for Rosa Park, she got arrested on purpose to stand up for black people by sitting in front of bus... Did Charlton get arrested on purpose to stand up for deaf people? Nope, he only got arrested for trespassing on some property and for being violent with the police and also with the person Charlton was stalking (hence why it's called aggravated stalking). Charlton also tried to claim himself as the first ADA leader which most of us know is bull anyway.

We are not against protest because we are lazy or whatever it is but mainly because of lack of organization and communication going on with Charlton. Charlton also threw some insults at us and even used some racial and homophobic slurs at us whenever we stated our concerns or tried to help him... How does that look for the deaf protest? You tell me the answer. Some of us already stated that from the impression he left us with, he only wanted to start the protest just so he can get all the special treatments. :lol:

They do have the right place in their heart but they're only doing the protest for selfish gains.

As lomg you cant see pass the man or his failings, and see the actuall issue involved...indeed the very concept of solidarity will ellude you.

If clique behavour and petty back bitting, and political consiousness at about grwde school level is serving us, and our people good. Then indeed lets continue with it...
If one sees the above as long term harmfull to our goals, (varied), then we should.find solidarity
What ever floats your boat..

hoichi said:
If clique behavour and petty back bitting, and political consiousness at about grwde school level is serving us, and our people good. Then indeed lets continue with it...
If one sees the above as long term harmfull to our goals, (varied), then we should.find solidarity

Just remember that that behavior happens on both sides... the people trying to do this protest, the people who are trying to find out more information (but do like the idea of the protest) and the people who are being insulting and not wanting to go.

Flows both ways. Unfortunately that kind of behavior is everywhere in the human race not just the Deaf community.

and there you have the Crab Theory. The very thing Charlton wants to destroy yet perpetuates it himself.

I'm for the idea of the protest and think it's great but this initial attempt isn't the best (yet). Didn't hear about this protest until 2 months ago. Now seeing that there are 2 (and possibly more) in other cities less than 5 days away. Though not sure what exactly the satellite protests will accomplish initially. I can actually see down the line yes more protests in other cities once the nation/hearing people/media sees it.....

Just remember that that behavior happens on both sides... the people trying to do this protest, the people who are trying to find out more information (but do like the idea of the protest) and the people who are being insulting and not wanting to go.

Flows both ways. Unfortunately that kind of behavior is everywhere in the human race not just the Deaf community.

and there you have the Crab Theory. The very thing Charlton wants to destroy yet perpetuates it himself.

I'm for the idea of the protest and think it's great but this initial attempt isn't the best (yet). Didn't hear about this protest until 2 months ago. Now seeing that there are 2 (and possibly more) in other cities less than 5 days away. Though not sure what exactly the satellite protests will accomplish initially. I can actually see down the line yes more protests in other cities once the nation/hearing people/media sees it.....

I don't think the ones in other cities really expect people to travel for it but are trying to get locals to come. The idea being that it is not just in DC that there are those interested in protesting.

The idea for the additional ones may have come up after seeing posts of people being interested but unable to get to DC.

Indeed. It certainly does cut both ways..no doubt
And it has ver clearly been poorly organized....snd msy it serve as a learning experience for the organizors....
All that is positive....
If its learned from

Indeed. It certainly does cut both ways..no doubt
And it has ver clearly been poorly organized....snd msy it serve as a learning experience for the organizors....
All that is positive....
If its learned from
I certainly hope so.

Strange thing is....(in my City).....I asked several deafies...."are you going to the Protest?...and what's ur opinion?"...Their responses?:..."Don't know nothing about it"....shrugging their shoulders....no discussion about it at all...OH well.

Its probably because this is at short notice, not much time is given to prepare the protest, if the leader have the patience, working from the start then going upward and it takes time. If he had started 2 years ago, this could be one of massive protest easily.

I am not going due to my own safety, I don't want run into cop and have them give me additional severe injuries or even worse death. Still, I applaud them for their effort and hopefully decent turn around, and it might not be the last chance. :thumb:

Strange thing is....(in my City).....I asked several deafies...."are you going to the Protest?...and what's ur opinion?"...Their responses?:..."Don't know nothing about it"....shrugging their shoulders....no discussion about it at all...OH well.

How is that strange? Makes sense considering its been poorly oeganized, with little active outreach
Strange would be if in spite of the lack of oeganization, short notice, no web page, littke outreacb it turned out to be huge and every Deafie chatting about it

How is that strange? Makes sense considering its been poorly oeganized, with little active outreach
Strange would be if in spite of the lack of oeganization, short notice, no web page, littke outreacb it turned out to be huge and every Deafie chatting about it

Well, it's been all over FB...Deafie Groups too...I even posted it on my wall in FB...so a lot of deafies did see it.....:hmm:....so Yes, I found it strange in some ways...Even here at AD...haven't seen any (maybe 1 or 2) saying they are going....

Guessing too...this Protest is something "new" for Us...and many don't know how to respond accordingly....:hmm:....After this 1st Protest is over....then maybe future Protests will be more successful.

Well, it's been all over FB...Deafie Groups too...I even posted it on my wall in FB...so a lot of deafies did see it.....:hmm:....so Yes, I found it strange in some ways...Even here at AD...haven't seen any (maybe 1 or 2) saying they are going....

Guessing too...this Protest is something "new" for Us...and many don't know how to respond accordingly....:hmm:....After this 1st Protest is over....then maybe future Protests will be more successful.

Its been poorly organized....chatter on fb aside...so, it makes sense random Deafies in different states, wouksnt know too much or anything about it
May a good learning curv come from rhe experience...
Snd other protests in he future better organized...
Just for the gaining of a skill set for us..
At minimum..

Back