The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVIII

You're right, it's very early for blueberries. I'm not sure what that is attributed to. We've had an overall very mild and sunny spring, that may be it. Our springs are wet and cold normally. Now, our summer has started off wet and rather cool. :lol:
I'm jealous of your wet and rather cool summer start. We've had unseasonably hot weather since March, which I think we can blame on low mountain snow-pack and a drought this year.

Spring is typically wet and cool here too, with some likening it to winter. This year we've had days in the 90s already and have been breaking high temperature records. Hopefully it's just something for this year and not a bigger climate change trend.

I do enjoy the earlier berries though. We just picked a flat full of marionberries and made jam last weekend. Sadly our raspberries aren't looking like they'll fruit at all this year though, they must be less drought tolerant and we must not have given them enough water.

all I know they called american blue throat robins and if occasionaly they blown in on the wind the twitchers from all over country go mad and watch it wherever it is..they stand for hours days and nights at end of road or climb into gardens..the blue throat is the pinnical to twittchers...just thought would be seen often in your gardens

I'm jealous of your wet and rather cool summer start. We've had unseasonably hot weather since March, which I think we can blame on low mountain snow-pack and a drought this year.

Spring is typically wet and cool here too, with some likening it to winter. This year we've had days in the 90s already and have been breaking high temperature records. Hopefully it's just something for this year and not a bigger climate change trend.

I do enjoy the earlier berries though. We just picked a flat full of marionberries and made jam last weekend. Sadly our raspberries aren't looking like they'll fruit at all this year though, they must be less drought tolerant and we must not have given them enough water.

Hmmm, I had to Google marion berries, not familiar with those. They look like blackberries, wonder if they are similar or the same. I love blackberries, but they are no where near ready and won't be til August.

I love berry picking of any kind, I think it's fun and relaxing, as long as there are no mosquitoes or bears!!:lol:

all I know they called american blue throat robins and if occasionaly they blown in on the wind the twitchers from all over country go mad and watch it wherever it is..they stand for hours days and nights at end of road or climb into gardens..the blue throat is the pinnical to twittchers...just thought would be seen often in your gardens

Caz, that blue throat robin isn't native to the states, I don't think. I couldn't find any info on them, never seen one. The only reference was to being seen in Scotland. Have no idea why they are called American blue throat robin. :hmm:

Hmmm, I had to Google marion berries, not familiar with those. They look like blackberries, wonder if they are similar or the same. I love blackberries, but they are no where near ready and won't be til August.

I love berry picking of any kind, I think it's fun and relaxing, as long as there are no mosquitoes or bears!!:lol:
They're quite similar to blackberries, grow on the same sort of horrible thorny brambles, but they're not quite as firm as blackberries. They also taste like something of a cross between a blackberry and raspberry (really good!). I think they're less common outside the Pacific Northwest in the US.

yesterday was hottest day ever recorded for july,i lucky being near sea so little cooler..blue berries sore point they but a dream now..trying clean up seagull mess but impossible to shift ideas welcolmed
Do anyone AD on here that gets American blue throat robins if so would it be possible post pic with bird in garden I be very grateful

Luscinia_svecica_volgae.jpg

Like this one? It's in Alaska, but not most of the rest of the States.

Thank you bot that the bird..lovely creature..Apparently they blowing in to uk more than usual...More candian than american

Hot weather and sick does not mix

Having morning anxiety - need to get out of bed and get busy which will help chase away the anxiety.

Not looking forward to my 2-3 weeks of late nights that start a week from tomorrow (theater). This may finally be my last year working backstage (I say this just about every year).

I will an empty-nester starting today as my daughter is moving to an apartment with her friends. So feeling a little lonely w/o my husband.
Though I'm looking forward to my daughter getting stuff out of the house. She's taking some furniture. And her not leaving "messes' in the common areas. This will help me get my act together to prepare to move to a smaller, maintenance (no yard work), less expensive place.

Think that's it for now. :)

I've always said that I prefer winter colds to summer colds.

Me too. I have had a cold and cough this past week and I'm tired of it. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between allergies and a cold but when I have a cough on top of it, it's not just allergies.

oh lordy tooth extraction this week and now another tooth killing me..i shivering inme boots terrified

oh lordy tooth extraction this week and now another tooth killing me..i shivering inme boots terrified

You poor thing. I hope they give you lots of numbing meds so it's not too painful. Take some orajel in the meantime while you wait for your appt this week.

Try to calm yourself, if you go in scared,tense, and anxious it's going to make it worse. I'll say a little prayer for your anxiety and for calmness, ok?

I barricaded into my house seagulls attacking if go out back one thing leads to another bc so much seagall poop it attracking flies..the seagull chick 2 parents and extended family all crap just outside door..it means each time go in garden we put goggles on and coats with hoods.THE split second door opens a fly will sneak in and this the madding thing find the fly lose the fly killer find fly killer lose fly
I proberly only person in world who got killer seagulls but I must be one of millians who got fly spray annoyance

Back