The penalty for texting and driving in your state

where is Missouri?

Believe there are 4 states that haven't passed the Law yet...

Yep.

South Carolina is another. I haven't figured out the other 2...

Huh... in googling which states do not have texting and driving laws.. it spit back 9--

The nine states that don't ban texting while driving are Arizona, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and Texas. For more information about state laws regarding distracted driving, visit www.ghsa.org/html/state info/laws/cellphone_laws.html.

Yep.

South Carolina is another. I haven't figured out the other 2...

Huh... in googling which states do not have texting and driving laws.. it spit back 9--

The nine states that don't ban texting while driving are Arizona, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and Texas. For more information about state laws regarding distracted driving, visit www.ghsa.org/html/state info/laws/cellphone_laws.html.

Arizona, Montana, South Carolina and South Dakota have no ban on texting.

Last edited:
some drivers don't like hand-free mode or voice to text message because it don't understand what the driver says, repeat the word again, and it keep misspelling for them. so they text while drive. smh Some cops do the same things when they have computer in their vehicle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBNJ4AwqwE

If i had normal hearing yeah i would. Hearing people can hear and see whats around them. But I'm deaf so i cant chance it.

That's not true, texting is dangerous for both of hearing and deaf.

South Carolina:

"DECEMBER 7, 2014

South Carolina drivers who text while driving now can be stopped and cited for the distracted driving offense, as the new law’s six-month warning period has elapsed.

Tickets range from $25 (first offense) to $50 (subsequent). Distracted drivers will not see points vs. their licenses for infractions, meaning insurance rates will not increase for violators.

Enforcement is primary, meaning police are empowered to stop and cite drivers who are texting for that reason alone...."

South Carolina texting

South Carolina texting law

testing while driving laws

i think GPS better than TEXTING Message. GPS don't wanna you get in accident. GPS wanna you know your road.

South Carolina:

"DECEMBER 7, 2014

South Carolina drivers who text while driving now can be stopped and cited for the distracted driving offense, as the new law’s six-month warning period has elapsed.

Tickets range from $25 (first offense) to $50 (subsequent). Distracted drivers will not see points vs. their licenses for infractions, meaning insurance rates will not increase for violators.

Enforcement is primary, meaning police are empowered to stop and cite drivers who are texting for that reason alone...."

South Carolina texting

Oh wow, now, only left is Montana, South Dakota and Arizona.

I bet that Arizona will be only one state with no ban because they killed the legislation.

I'm not sure about Montana (their government is more libertarian).

If i had normal hearing yeah i would. Hearing people can hear and see whats around them. But I'm deaf so i cant chance it.
wrong
That's not true, texting is dangerous for both of hearing and deaf.
and it is dangerous not only for the driver, but for the people in other cars.

If you text and drive you can crash the car with the baby on board as well. We already had 3 accidents where texting people rear-ended in our car. In the first car accident I was pregnant and could possible lose my daughter, in the second car accident I was with both kids, where my son was 5 months old, and daughter about 3 years old. In the third accident I was alone in the car. The woman hit me in the rear even twice :dizzy:

wrong

and it is dangerous not only for the driver, but for the people in other cars.

If you text and drive you can crash the car with the baby on board as well. We already had 3 accidents where texting people rear-ended in our car. In the first car accident I was pregnant and could possible lose my daughter, in the second car accident I was with both kids, where my son was 5 months old, and daughter about 3 years old. In the third accident I was alone in the car. The woman hit me in the rear even twice :dizzy:

Yike, I stopped texting while driving in 2010 after I got iPhone and I realized about how dangerous is texting.

Joker is notoriously to make bizarre posts.

motorcyclist do text and drive. smh [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxZxjgKcsPE[/ame]

South Carolina:

"DECEMBER 7, 2014

South Carolina texting

Good to know, thank you. thumbsup.gif

I think my info is probably quite a bit out of date. Google isn't well known for pulling up correct info and the info you actually want lol.

Joker said:

Even if I were hearing I still wouldn't text. Nobody I know(hearing or deaf) will text WHILE they are driving. Maybe at a stop light (they're LOOOOooooong here) just to say long enough "I'm driving" etc. Even using the voice phone most people won't do that; I think that's just about as dangerous.

On a side note-- why is there a :thumbd: but not a thumb up thumbsup.gif smiley?

VTA valley of transportation that's name for buses...for san jose in california but have few different agencys thoughout the state..www.vta.org :) but yeah they banned texting and use of phone if u want to use phone have to get out of bus and talk on phone for short time or on break is fine.. but I don't understand why bus drivers still smoke near buses should be banned.. and if I smoke near bus i still can get ticket? I don't understand that's why I wait till I get off at where I want to be at then I can smoke.. cops make a big deal out of it cuz if I smoke at bus stop or light rail ticket is up to 300 dollars.. yes I'm not joking..

VTA valley of transportation that's name for buses...for san jose in california but have few different agencys thoughout the state..www.vta.org :) but yeah they banned texting and use of phone if u want to use phone have to get out of bus and talk on phone for short time or on break is fine.. but I don't understand why bus drivers still smoke near buses should be banned.. and if I smoke near bus i still can get ticket? I don't understand that's why I wait till I get off at where I want to be at then I can smoke.. cops make a big deal out of it cuz if I smoke at bus stop or light rail ticket is up to 300 dollars.. yes I'm not joking..

dang!

Even people still drive and talk on their cell phone....THAT drives me batty!...."Honk, Honk!!....get off the (*&%) phone and Drive!"

Even people still drive and talk on their cell phone....THAT drives me batty!...."Honk, Honk!!....get off the (*&%) phone and Drive!"

Just thought I'd share this one with you. I was at a light about a year ago and someone ahead of me what texting at the light and when the light changed she wasn't paying attention and we all missed the light. So the guy ahead of me got out of his car walked up to the women's car grabbed her phone and threw it across the street. I wonder if she is still texted while driving?

Back