New Report Points to Dramatic Shortages in Senior Housing

My city does not have enough low income housing right now and this is not good b/c we'll end up with more homeless people .

We have a similar problem right now with Chinatown. New condos/apartments being built that are way beyond what most families can afford and it's pushing the Chinese out of Chinatown. They also have homes for elderly Chinese - if families can no longer afford to be near their parents in these homes, what happens then?

Laura

There are lack of affordable housing for all low income families too.

It's a big problem when the rent and bills is going up, up, up. Many can not afford the cost of taxes and other fees involved.

My city does not have enough low income housing right now and this is not good b/c we'll end up with more homeless people .

The congress stopped funding the public housing project in 1965 due to high crime, poverty and bad quality in public housing projects like Cabrini Green, Pruitt–Igoe, Robert Taylor Homes and many lists from New Deal Era to 1960s.

I don't want to waste my taxes if they cannot used for best service and America is very segregated country for classism.

We have a similar problem right now with Chinatown. New condos/apartments being built that are way beyond what most families can afford and it's pushing the Chinese out of Chinatown. They also have homes for elderly Chinese - if families can no longer afford to be near their parents in these homes, what happens then?

Laura

They end up having no one looking out for them and this a crime to me. I had a 90 years neighbor I looked after b/c she had no family close by. Her family moved her to live with them and I glad but I miss my neighbor . What worried about elderly people living alone is that some of them can't afford to have some take care of their yard and cut grass. And this made it look like no one is living there and people will try to break in. All the families lived in my city for generations are just about gone , they could not afford live in their houses anymore or pay rent when new owner increase the rent.
The cost of food is going up like crazy too. Things are not looking good for elderly living on affixed income all alone . :(

Back