My Activation

My daughter's in surgery right now as I type. Would've started a seperate thread for this, but not much to say.

My daughter's in surgery right now as I type. Would've started a seperate thread for this, but not much to say.

Hi Condor, I hope your daughters surgery went well. Please let us know how she is feeling later on.

Hey Mike, what four accessories did you choose? I filled out the paperwork today. My Audi suggested I pick the expensive accessories that way later on the stuff I might need is less expensive. You can pick a $200+ tv streamer or a $40 mic covers. So my Audi made sense.

I need to pick one more......I picked the remote, wireless mic and the tv streamer

Any suggestions?? I have up to a year after activation to decide. Not too excited about the aqua kit, does not look too comfortable.

Oh, by the way how are you feeling today, great I hope?

Condor, hope all is well with your daughter and was a success. I am feeling great, today my ear finally took shape of howdy doody, was hoping it'd stay flat, nope lol.

I picked the big remote ( it's better) the TV streamer, mini mic, phone clip. The rest in extra rechargeables, I can always trade unopened items later for other items I decide I want.

Condor, hope all is well with your daughter and was a success. I am feeling great, today my ear finally took shape of howdy doody, was hoping it'd stay flat, nope lol.

I picked the big remote ( it's better) the TV streamer, mini mic, phone clip. The rest in extra rechargeables, I can always trade unopened items later for other items I decide I want.

This is so awesome to be able to get info from others who have the same thing going on. My Audi checked off the remote CR230..It looks like the bigger one. Is that the one you received? Did you have any interest in the neck loop? My Audi said that would help with the phone? Maybe that is the phone clip you are talking about???

I just checked the prices for some of the accessories all of them are expensive.
Wireless phone clip....$295
Wireless tv streamer....$325
Wireless mini mic....$295

Rechargeable batteries $199 and Cochlear is out of stock. It's crazy what they charge for the mic covers, $40 for those tiny tiny piece of plastic.

I will be able to use my rechargeable N5 batteries with the N6. Cochlear says that these batteries start losing their charge after 365 days, I'm going on three years.

I heard you can find the mic covers on Amazon cheap,? I haven't looked myself yet, also those drying bricks

Nope not mic covers. Not for the Freedom anyways I've never looked for any others. But did find the drying bricks cheaper on Amazon.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dry-Brik-II-Desiccant-Blocks-6-Pack/dp/B000U0XCZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427529553&sr=8-1&keywords=dry-brik+II"]Amazon Dry-Brik II[/ame]

My daughters surgery went well. Everything went smooth, and the electrode insertion was perfect according to the surgeon. X-ray looked perfect as well. She was a bit nauseous last night, but better this morning. It was actually kind of funny, as she was fine as long as she sat upright, and didn't move around too quickly, but as soon as she would bend over to put on her slippers, she would toss her cookies. She even laughed when it happened... "HURLLLL...Dad, what the..??".

She's a real trooper about the whole thing.

She ordered the TV Streamer, the big remote, the swimmer, and extra battery. She wanted the small rechargeables.

Awww that's so neat that your child is so optimistic when not feeling well... I'm 31 and I still don't get it sometimes. Haha. Maybe I should take a few lessons. :) Good luck, but doubt you'll need it since she seems to be taking it in stride. :)

She's been sitting in the recliner all day watching ID channel. About every hour or so, she asks for something. She got up, went to the bathroom, sat back down and promptly said, "Mom, can I have another popsicle/soda pop/Reeses peanut butter cup/whatever, etc.?" (right after she was just up walking around)

Me thinks someone is really milking it here. :hmm:

Condor, glad all went well for your daughter. I typed a really long response them the library shut everything down (closed early on saturdays) so I lost it all.
But glad she is doing well. I am doing great except a little pressure and a slight headache, but for the most part doing really well. The antibiotics are making my stomache a little uneasy but overall the surgery was a success. I have been up and about since Ive been home wednesday, I am assumming your daughter has been as well unless she is having a little pain which I hope she isnt having.
Kids love to milk the attention from mom and dad...lol we all did !

well my second was activated 4/8/15... robotic but again its 3 months behind the first. So by the 3rd mapping it should start sounding normal. Im happy with it. I had to figure out how to tell the right and left apart, so heat shrink tubing was my answer...

Attachments

• ci hs.jpg
    ci hs.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 28
^^^ Hard to believe that little ear piece section costs almost $10,000. :shock:

So, exactly how is it you got yours activated so quickly? My daughter has to wait 5 weeks to activate hers. She got the exact same imlpants and N6 processor that you got. :hmm:

Condor, it depends on the clinic. I was activated about 2 weeks after surgery both times, while other clinics will have their clients wait 4-6 weeks. Hope your daughter's recovery is going smoothly and that she has an awesome activation! :)

I'm kind of assuming it's because she is a minor. Also, I did read somewhere, that some doctors like to wait longer for the sole pursose of making sure all of the wound inside is healed, stitches are removed, and all nerves and swelling has gone away. The theory being that it takes several weeks for the nerves to settle down and the swelling to subside. Activating too soon just adds additional aggrivation to the nerves that doesn't need to be there. Either way, I suppose with children (especially mine) it's better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, I hate being activated so soon, this one isn't completely healed yet, couple small scabs and a stitch protruding, it gets sore with processor on. My first was completely healed but still got sore ( pressure points from CI)

Congrats on the successful activation of #2 :D

Good idea. You could make your own thread about your daughter's experiences or if you have any questions those of us with a CI could try to help and won't be as confusing in someone else's thread :D

Back