Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83

R.I.P Mr Spock

lisa_cusak_funeral.jpg

RIP, Leonard Nimoy. Thanks for everything you did to make us enjoy. My sympathy to his family/friends.

My daughter just sent me a message with this sad news.

I preferred Voyager and The Next Generation myself but still very sad news, especially that he was dealing with a horrible illness for so long, and from a preventable bad habit. I hope he was comfortable and at peace. On a side note, I turned to my worker and said "Leonard Nimoy just died." He asked, "who?" :jaw:

The generation gaps are getting scarier by the day....

Laura

I preferred Voyager and The Next Generation myself but still very sad news, especially that he was dealing with a horrible illness for so long, and from a preventable bad habit. I hope he was comfortable and at peace. On a side note, I turned to my worker and said "Leonard Nimoy just died." He asked, "who?" :jaw:

The generation gaps are getting scarier by the day....

Laura
I am sure they know who Mr. Spock was (he was even in the latest movie, Star Trek Into Darkness). Just not knowing the name of the actor. :dunno:

Wow, I read this a few days back but been kinda crazy here and haven't been online as much....but I was pretty sad to see this news too.
I remember watching classic Trek show on old black and white tv my folks had in the kitchen in the house where I grew up. When I was a young kid we had that old tv in the kitchen for a while before my folks got a new color one for their bedroom and I watched their new one in their room. Both tv's had 4 channels. I was maybe between 5 and 11 during the kitchen tv phase. My dad sometimes watched Star Trek on that kitchen one and when I got be a bit closer to 11-ish age, I would watch a little with him sometimes but I didn't really understand or appreciate his interest. I mostly liked spending time with him and sitting in his lap, and I liked Spock with his different ears.

My father shares with the late Leonard some of the "classic" facial physical features of -some - Jewish men, and especially so when my dad was younger.
I think I may have recognized this in both of them somehow before I could have really discussed "Jewish ethnicity".

Over the last several years I've seen some other portions of productions or performances Leonard Nimoy did, and some various interviews here and then and he seems like he was a great actor and very intriguing person.
What a loss:(

he did interview about gene roddenberry who went on set many times I don't think he enamored with him.
he did record many years back height of his star trek fame it was absolutely dreadful it was called Mr Spok I remember cringing when I heard it back then

Back