Can You Hear or Feel The Music?.....

When I'm with friends, if someone is playing the guitar, I will sit on the appropriate side of them to hang onto the top of the guitar (although I always ask first) so I can feel the vibrations as well as listen. With pianos, I will always stick my hand on, and depending on the situation, I sometimes open the top of the piano so I can watch the piano playing.
Does anyone else do any of this?

I can both hear and feel the music. I can hear music without hearing aid. As for low and quiet music, I have to wear hearing aid, though.

When I'm with friends, if someone is playing the guitar, I will sit on the appropriate side of them to hang onto the top of the guitar (although I always ask first) so I can feel the vibrations as well as listen. With pianos, I will always stick my hand on, and depending on the situation, I sometimes open the top of the piano so I can watch the piano playing.
Does anyone else do any of this?

I sometime take the front panel off for greater sound and intensity while I pound out some serious notes. Plus it's fun to watch! It's a lot more fun playing the percussion instrument (and string, too) that way. Keyed zither awayyyy!

vibrations in my ears

I hear most music fairly well--even w/o hearing aids. But music sounds so much fuller and richer with them in. I especially like to listen to a piano and hear AND feel vibrations in my ears AND put my hand on the piano. It's almost like touch and hearing become one sense.

Yeah, I love music. Absolutely love it. I use Pandora.com to find new artists.

I am not able to understand the lyrics. I have to find a copy of the lyrics somewhere and follow along. But it's the music that I want to enjoy. The lyrics are secondary.

I don't hear all the notes, of course. I don't know what I am not hearing, but what I do hear, I like. Without my hearing aids, I can only hear some of the drums and some of the bass guitar, etc. Nothing else. With hearing aids, I can hear some of the lead guitar and rhythm guitar, somewhat.

I used to put my hands on the big speakers at stores to feel their vibrations. It's fun to crank them up so the vibrations are practically vibrating your face off. haha :lol:

With my hearing aid, I can hear and feel the sound of the music, but I cannot hear the lyrics to it. In that case, I watch the lyric videos on Youtube. :P Without my hearing aid, I can only hear the music if it's super loud.

Back