Sydney hostages escape Islamic terrorist!

The five seriously wounded were shot by the police when they stormed the place. There isnt much about this in the media for obvious reasons....
The siege lasted for 17 hours, I can't help thinking that the Army would have been able to bring this to a conclusion quicker - and with less bloodshed, the Police only moved in after one of the hostages tackled the gunman.
Can you please include the links to the sites that have all these updated details?

The five seriously wounded were shot by the police when they stormed the place. There isnt much about this in the media for obvious reasons....
The siege lasted for 17 hours, I can't help thinking that the Army would have been able to bring this to a conclusion quicker - and with less bloodshed, the Police only moved in after one of the hostages tackled the gunman.

And the hostage who tackled the gunman was one of the dead. The other casualty was a woman who died of heart attack sustained during the police raid.

The gunman was a lone wolf for sure, and an unbalanced one at that. The Moslem community didn't want much to do with him, and he had no connection to IS or Al-Quaeda.
When I think about all the checks and security processes I had to go through when I went through the immigration program ( not to mention the cost!!!) how they let this nutter in AND allowed him a firearms licence is beyond me....

They were shot by the police? I thought it was a gunman. I didn't know a woman died of heart attack. She must be so afraid.

Lone wolf guys are out there. I'm afraid it'll happen again. Look at Canada.

It can happen in Australia... United Kingdom, Canada, America, wherever the target terrorists wants to strike. Unfortunately, we'll be hearing more when that happens in the news.

Back