Do you have anything that annoys you about Hearing people?

Vamapandaz

Reaction score
Hello again! I am a hearing person and very much so would like to know, is there anything that rubs you the wrong way when signing with a hearing person? This isn't to be rude! I just want to improve my communication skills, and try to avoid a communication border while learning Sign! Please don't feel bad about saying anything rude, like people say, the best criticism leads to the best skills!

If this is rude please just tell me and I will try to re phrase it or delete post. I have anxiety and am scared I will do something super annoying while beginning sign.

I can't really help as I don't sign even thought I have a profound loss; but I think the OP is asking about signing rather than general behavior.

Many hearing people think that the only vehicles that deaf people are allowed to drive are turbocharged.

Thought I'd heard it all from hearies...but a few days ago...the same old, old, old, old, old! question popped up..."Do you drive?"..well.....and it's 2014...:giggle:....another one..."Do you realize...."....or "Did you know"?....My tongue is beet-red from biting it....inasmuch as I do try to be nice...some things really get my goat!

Hello again! I am a hearing person and very much so would like to know, is there anything that rubs you the wrong way when signing with a hearing person? This isn't to be rude! I just want to improve my communication skills, and try to avoid a communication border while learning Sign! Please don't feel bad about saying anything rude, like people say, the best criticism leads to the best skills!

Look at the quote here from the first post. I have added some bold to help you. The original question is about signing etiquette NOT all this other stuff!!!

All I can think of is that some of you read just the title and NOT the first post.

I will know if someone signs wrong then they are hearing. does it bother me no, if they are easygoing, very involved with deaf community, then i ll correct them. If they dont then i dotn correct them.

Thanks for all the answers! All helpful but i m specifying signing etiquette.

That is what I thought as I said at post #8. The only thing I can think of (and I think I mentioned it in that earlier post) is that you were not specific in you title and some may not be reading past that before posting.

Signing etiquette: Don't interrupt conversations to introduce yourself.

Don't walk between a pair of signers.

Signing etiquette: Don't interrupt conversations to introduce yourself.

Don't walk between a pair of signers.

I can think of times when you can't avoid this; but do apologize. I am thinking it is most likely to happen if they are standing in the aisle of a store.

Back