Wedding Bells for Charles Manson?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Wedding bells may be in the future for imprisoned mass murderer Charles Manson. But he'll have to enjoy them behind bars.

State officials and the family of his fiancée confirmed Monday that a marriage license was issued in Kings County, Calif., earlier this month for Manson, 80, and 26-year-old Afton Elaine Burton.

Manson, the notorious killer with a cult following who was convicted in the 1969 slayings of actress Sharon Tate and six others, is serving a life sentence at the California state prison at Corcoran. The prison in the state's Central Valley is a maximum-security lockup that has housed some of the state's most infamous inmates.

Department of Corrections spokesman Jeffrey Callison confirmed the license was issued by the county on Nov. 7. The license is good for 90 days, meaning they would need another license if the wedding is postponed beyond that time.

Burton, an admirer who moved to Corcoran from Illinois to be close to Manson, told the Associated Press that she and Manson will be married next month.

"It's going to happen,'' she said. "I love him.''

Her mother, Melissa Gay Burton, 48, of Bunker Hill, Ill., said she speaks with daughter regularly and that she intends to be married soon.

The mother of the bride did not express joy at the occasion, saying marrying an imprisoned convicted killer three times her daughter's age is "her business.''

"I just don't like to say anything that will upset her,'' Melissa Burton said. "She knows how we feel.''

Inmates are allowed to be married in the visitors' section of California prisons, Callison said. While intimate "family visits" are permitted for some inmates, prison policy does not permit such visits for inmates serving life sentences, Callison said.

Manson has been denied parole multiple times and is next eligible to apply in 2027, Callison said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/2014/11/17/manson-marriage-license/19192157/

That woman has to be very :crazy: !

But not nearly as crazy as the prison system that allows this. He shouldn't have the right to enjoy any of the things that he forever deprived his victims and their families of...

Laura

But not nearly as crazy as the prison system that allows this. He shouldn't have the right to enjoy any of the things that he forever deprived his victims and their families of...

Laura

I agree with you and was thinking that too , one of this victims was pregnant
I believe . :( I really felt he should had gotten the death sentence , what a waste good money keeping him alive all these years.

This man is nuts! She needs a psych evaluation in the head. Both nuts!

This man is nuts! She needs a psych evaluation in the head. Both nuts!

"I just don't like to say anything that will upset her,'' Melissa Burton said. "She knows how we feel.'' Her mother said this so I think she is nuts too! I would not care about up setting her to try and talk out of it.

"I just don't like to say anything that will upset her,'' Melissa Burton said. "She knows how we feel.'' Her mother said this so I think she is nuts too! I would not care about up setting her to try and talk out of it.

That girl, Afton Burton needs to see a psychiatrist .

Back