Western NY slammed with 3+ FEET of snow, more on the way.

I have seen more damages after Hurricane Arthur last July than here in New York. Its not that bad as you might think it is. Many of death likely from carbon monoxide poisoning especially if one is in the car covered with snow and have the car running is perfect recipe for death trap. Also too many IDIOTS driving way too fast for condition, causing accident some of them are death related as well. I have seen retarded doing 60MPH on icy road, how stupid are they? Nothing beats ice when it comes to emergency stopping as it won't stop but skating after all!

I would prefer to die from hurricane over trapped in extremely wintry season that worsen my eczema and horrible shivering.

Dermatologist recommended me to live in South FL or SoCal, but it won't happen until I graduate or leave from Gally.

Snow storms are not as terrifying as you guys/gals are putting it.

All those deaths you are reading about are people who do not take it easy when shoveling or make sure their exhausts on their vehicles are clear. A few of those deaths are from people shoveling the snow and getting a heart attack. Shoveling snow is a tough job, best to leave it for younger people who can take the strenuous job of shoveling all that snow. And the idiots who get stuck in their cars on highways, they stay in the cars and don't bother to make sure their exhaust pipes are cleared so they don't get carbon monoxide poisoning.

This is all common sense, but people tend not to have any when there is snow.

I agree with Diehardbiker, I have seen many idiots driving in the snow like complete morons and wonder why they spin out. None of them have snow tires, none of them know how to actually drive in the snow. I have a set of snow/ice tires for my vehicles, and it's one of the best investments I've ever had. I've never ever been stuck in any snow in any year we've ever had a snow storm.

As to keeping the exhaust pipe clear, I would not say that is common sense. But if you live in a snowy area you should be aware of that.

It's part of nature we live on... can't escape that.

Speaking of carbon monoxide and tailpipe, nothing to do with common sense cause not many would have thought of that when getting trapped, usually when one gets panic, they dont think straight.

One of our ad friend here have died from carbon monoxide, she was very smart, but sadly carbon monoxide took her life, just because she wants keep warm thats all.

As to keeping the exhaust pipe clear, I would not say that is common sense. But if you live in a snowy area you should be aware of that.

There are people that back their car into a parking space and the exhaust pipe
get blocked . I was out shopping and saw young kid eating taking his lunch break in his car and he had his car parked that way and he had it running to to stay warm. I told the kid that was dangerous and he should open some window and move his car forward so the exhaust pipe was right in the snow bank. I feel this should taught to kids when they're getting their driving licenses b/c they're not going to think about it unless someone tell them.

My friend's friend who lives in Buffalo got hit with 88 inches of snow! Crazy!

Been raining since the snow storm. While I only gotten about 1 foot of snow, the rain has melted all of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Southern Buffalo has gotten majority of the snow melted from the rain.

The very next day after the blizzard in the city of Buffalo the snow was all gone and temperature was up to warmer fall-like. Very weird.

Where did you get "Blizzard" from? It wasn't blizzard, just heavy lake effect snow, big different than Blizzard. And "Blizzard" was never mentioned in news.

Every time Watertown, NY gets lake effect snow, I tend to see these lake effect snow passing by just about 20-30 miles north from where I live.

Back