Nurse refuses 21-day quarantine

If she monitors herself and goes to the hospital as soon as any symptoms appear, then everyone will be ok. It's not contagious until the symptoms appear and then only with contact with bodily fluids.

The states are overreacting.

If she monitors herself and goes to the hospital as soon as any symptoms appear, then everyone will be ok. It's not contagious until the symptoms appear and then only with contact with bodily fluids.

The states are overreacting.
That's the point. When she feels sick, for example, her mom physically takes care of her without protection so her mom will get it, too. Won't she?

That's the point. When she feels sick, for example, her mom physically takes care of her without protection so her mom will get it, too. Won't she?

Only if her mom doesn't touch her fluids.

Hopefully she calls an ambulance & lets them know she may have Ebola so they can be prepared when they pick her up. That's what the dr in NY did. Monitored his temperature and called for an ambulance when he got a fever.

If she leave her house she could be arrested , now that make real good sense . How the hell can she be quarantine in jail? Do jails have room for this?

If she leave her house she could be arrested , now that make real good sense . How the hell can she be quarantine in jail? Do jails have room for this?
No, she's not going to jail. She would be forced to stay at home ALONE for 21 days to play it safe.

But it can take up to three weeks between when a person contracts the virus and they become sick, hence the talk of a 21-day quarantine.

But you're not contagious until you are sick. If she agrees to monitor herself and isolates herself as soon as any symptoms appear (most likely the fever), then she should not have to be quarantined.

But you're not contagious until you are sick. If she agrees to monitor herself and isolates herself as soon as any symptoms appear (most likely the fever), then she should not have to be quarantined.
So her family/friends/co-workers have nothing to worry about?

Can she be trusted to monitor herself?

If she gets sick, she better follow through with containment and not touch any shared household furniture and appliances when it happens. Can't stop a body from sweating, producing oils, eliminating waste, breathing etc., still dicey but a HUGE mess for potential infection.

I think they should err on the side of caution. This nurse understands how horrific Ebola can be. I would think she would want to do everything in her power to prevent any chance of spreading this disease.

I think they should err on the side of caution. This nurse understands how horrific Ebola can be. I would think she would want to do everything in her power to prevent any chance of spreading this disease.
That's why the states want 21-day quarantine to play it SAFE!!!

She acts like that it won't happen to her. How does she know? It takes 21 days to find out that she's Ebola-free or not. IMO, she's not that smart.

i think she's stupid , bloody stupid selfish bee ear teee eye sea eight grrr STUPID x 100 times!!

my guess to 'play it safe; is after the 30 days, they should burn house down.....sorry and insurance?? that's up to them....

Suppose if my sister came back home from West Africa, I refuse to see her until she's Ebola-free after 21 days. If she's not Ebola-free, I am lucky. Her parents, other brother/sister(s) may not be lucky if they don't do the same as I would.

Always think of safety first. This nurse is not practicing that.

It must be the way we Mainers think,(she's from Maine). I totally agree with her thinking and would do the same thing if I were in her shoes. She is self monitoring and that is all that has to be done in this situation. STOP with the panicking everyone and go on with your lives.

What sort of nurse put people at risk, she get full wages so what her problem

What made her to become a nurse in the first place. :ugh: My kitty was forced to be in the quarantine. She did very well much better than Nurse does. She was in the room for 5 months! I am so happy shes free.

Last edited:
Back