Hello from Texas!

Miaou

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm new to Hearing loss/HoH/Deaf forums & groups. I'm a 36yrs old & I reside in Texas, about an hour and a half from Austin.

I have mixed hearing loss my whole life, caused by Chronic Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. My right ear hearing levels are severe/profound, my left ear is mild/moderate and slowly getting worse. Hearing aids don't help my right ear so I was implanted with Med-el's Vibrant Soundbridge, connected to my cochlea at the round window(I don't have functioning ossicles in the right ear). With the processor on my worst ear hearing levels are ranging between severe up to mild depending on the frequency. I still struggle to understand speech in many situations, especially at work(I'm a grocery cashier). I'm not ASL speaking yet, but I'm going try to learn it.

I'm looking toward to learning more about others experiences as well as sharing my own.

you're welcome. speaking of Soundbridge, I totally miss my people that had been in my life since babyhood! (maybe I should make my old audi throw batteries and tubes in my face for the happniess)

Thank you, Secretblend. I love Austin, I wish I was a little bit closer so I could do more there; I'm about one & a half hours away. :)

I went to Austin few weeks ago. I love their weather! It is going to snow here in NY soon.

I went to Austin few weeks ago. I love their weather! It is going to snow here in NY soon.

It should start cooling off here soon, though I doubt we'll see much snow if any, but I've been happy to wear my shorts & flipflops this long.

Is it snowing in texas? And welcome! Nice to meet you.

Thank you and nice to meet you, too!

North Texas saw some slight snow flurries the other day but not my area.

It's a high of 65F here today! :lol:

Is it snowing where you are?

What Snow?

Thank you and nice to meet you, too!

North Texas saw some slight snow flurries the other day but not my area.

It's a high of 65F here today! :lol:

Is it snowing where you are?

This is Corpus Christi Texas. It never snows here. Maybe once it did. We have beautiful weather all year round - especially when we get rain.

This is Corpus Christi Texas. It never snows here. Maybe once it did. We have beautiful weather all year round - especially when we get rain.

I think you are lucky that you live near the coast! I love the Corpus Christi and Padre Island areas. I go there during the summer time sometimes to see the Kemp Ridley sea turtle hatchlings be released and to enjoy vacation time at the beaches. :)

Come Visit My Home Town

You are invited to visit my home town through the web pages of www.westtx.org.

Though I live in Corpus Christi TX now, still I do miss the farm and ranch life.

John W Dudley

Former Texan here... :welcome:

Back