Bedbug in your apartment building

There was an article about bedbugs awhile back, stating bedbugs came from 3rd world countries like Bosnia when the Immigrants started coming over, they brought them in their luggage with their clothes, then infested apartments and living quarters when they got here and it spread through non-contact sources ( people visiting the home, cars/busses/cabs...ect...used clothing at goodwill...and so on)

I stayed in many all over world including my own country sorry to say was hotel in LA the worse...you get what you pay for but hostles have to have certain criteria and being clean is one

never seen one in my life not known anyone with them,but saw documentary on tv about bug extermination in States,you all running alive with them..People sleep on same mattress for years 5years is maximum

It is not because of sleeping on the same mattress...it is because more people are traveling. Bed bugs love clean places.

A word of advice based on my own experience and research...when going to hotels or staying at people's homes, DO NOT put your suitcases on the floor or on the bed. Put them in a plastic or metal container or put them on a metal shelf because bed bugs cannot climb on plastic, metal, or porcelain surfaces. That was why I had to sleep in my bathtub during those nightmarish 6 months. Susan B. Anthony was known to sleep in her carriage or in her tub to avoid getting bitten by bed bugs.

http://www.techletter.com/Archive/Technical Articles/bedbugcomeback.html

A word of advice based on my own experience and research...when going to hotels or staying at people's homes, DO NOT put your suitcases on the floor or on the bed. Put them in a plastic or metal container or put them on a metal shelf because bed bugs cannot climb on plastic, metal, or porcelain surfaces. That was why I had to sleep in my bathtub during those nightmarish 6 months. Susan B. Anthony was known to sleep in her carriage or in her tub to avoid getting bitten by bed bugs.

Interesting to learn something about it thanks

Interesting to learn something about it thanks

By taking these simple steps while staying at hotels, the spread of bed begs will not be as widespread. Nobody's at fault..just that they have been doormat since the 1950s so we didn't have as much knowledge about them like previous generations did. We are about to....unfortunately.

but fleas jump so do head lice...yes we are having creepy crawlies worms and god knows what else introduced most countries are....I think media keep block on certain things and this be one of them.
my vet told me seeing certain gut worms in dogs that come from india and more people get this awful bot fly...I use this little hand vacuum that got ultraviolet light that zaps anything lurking.
strangely in middle class victorian England the maid would take bed to bits and carbolic cleaning everyweek..everyone else filthy

but fleas jump so do head lice...yes we are having creepy crawlies worms and god knows what else introduced most countries are....I think media keep block on certain things and this be one of them.
my vet told me seeing certain gut worms in dogs that come from india and more people get this awful bot fly...I use this little hand vacuum that got ultraviolet light that zaps anything lurking.
strangely in middle class victorian England the maid would take bed to bits and carbolic cleaning everyweek..everyone else filthy

fleas and head lice are easily treated while bed bugs are extremely difficult to treat. Having them in my house was a horrible nightmare I hope to NEVER EVER relive again! It is a SERIOUS problem when there is an infestation.

My friend once had bedbugs in her house. It was about 2.5 months to kill bedbugs herself. She used 91% Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle to kill bedbugs in every dressers, mattress, etc. Even painted them over. She washed clothing, bed sheets, etc in hot washer/dryer. She even put stuff in plastic bags for several days or longer. It was hell for her to deal with bedbugs.

Back