What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That the hockey rink has already been set up at the park. No ice yet, obviously, but they got ready early!

I'm sure we will be crammed in like usual. We always book seats in the very last row on the plane. Usually luck out and get an empty seat in between us since most people hate sitting back there. I like it because you can get up, stretch your legs, without bothering anyone.

I've seen pictures of some planes with beautiful reclining seats etc. When I broke my leg in Maui, the flight home was so uncomfortable. The airline was trying to get someone in first class to trade with us, but no one would do it. Luckily I was still on good drugs after just being released from the hospital. Funny though, the stewardess told us that if there was an emergency, we were to sit still as we would be the last people off the plane.

I am surprise people do not have to pay for the air they breath on the plane today.

work is gonna suck... got a huge stack of inmate rosters that boss didn't do when I was gone. oy.

Hoping that the flight goes smoothly for Angel1989 to Chicago today, as she'll be taking off in a few hours.

Hoping that the flight goes smoothly for Angel1989 to Chicago today, as she'll be taking off in a few hours.

Thanks Mark. At Sacramento Airport now. Waiting for hubby to park the car in long term parking. It's going to be a long day. We arrive in Chicago around 8pm your time. It's a beautiful, clear, warm day in Sacramento. Not sure about the rest of the country. Hoping for a smooth trip. Looking forward to our meet up on Saturday. I will confirm once I know we have a car to use etc.

Dropped Marley off with my daughter. So happy I didn't have to board her.

Thanks Mark. At Sacramento Airport now. Waiting for hubby to park the car in long term parking. It's going to be a long day. We arrive in Chicago around 8pm your time. It's a beautiful, clear, warm day in Sacramento. Not sure about the rest of the country. Hoping for a smooth trip. Looking forward to our meet up on Saturday. I will confirm once I know we have a car to use etc.

Dropped Marley off with my daughter. So happy I didn't have to board her.

I just looked outside, and it is cloudy here, and likely chilly, as well. Pretty sure it's in the high 40's/low 50's. Supposed to get to the 60's later this week. It does get colder in the suburban areas, however. Learned that the hard way the last time I went to Palatine. :shock:

We finally have a new storm door and I was going to ask the condo manger if he was putting a rubber sweep on bottom of the door to keep the cold and bugs out . I didn't want the guy to think I thought he was stupid and didn't know how to his job . But I was right, he did not put a rubber sweep on our new storm door and now the cold air will be blowing into hallway all winter. There is a big open space at the bottom of the storm door , I always thought a storm door job was to keep the cold air out of the house and not lose heat.

We finally have a new storm door and I was going to ask the condo manger if he was putting a rubber sweep on bottom of the door to keep the cold and bugs out . I didn't want the guy to think I thought he was stupid and didn't know how to his job . But I was right, he did not put a rubber sweep on our new storm door and now the cold air will be blowing into hallway all winter. There is a big open space at the bottom of the storm door , I always thought a storm door job was to keep the cold air out of the house and not lose heat.

When I lived up in Rogers Park, the building I used to reside in had a silver rubber thing you put at the bottom of doors to keep rodents out, as well as other unwanted stuff. Not sure of the name of said product, however.

hoping to set up appointment with VR soon enough so we can start planning for my getting out of my current job and into a different job.

Slooooowwwlllllyyyy downloading OS X Yosemite. My Apple Genius tells me it's because if my internet provider.

When I lived up in Rogers Park, the building I used to reside in had a silver rubber thing you put at the bottom of doors to keep rodents out, as well as other unwanted stuff. Not sure of the name of said product, however.

'rubber sweep ' I looked it up b/c I was not sure what it was called either. My door is very close to the front door and I can feel the cold air blowing in under my door in the winter . The door does open and closes 100% better , I knew the guy was going to messed in some way. He put fire extinguishers up on the wall and uses the wrong kind of brackets and the fire extinguishers
kept falling off the if just touch it. The fire extinguishers are sitting on th floor right now. :roll:

'rubber sweep ' I looked it up b/c I was not sure what it was called either. My door is very close to the front door and I can feel the cold air blowing in under my door in the winter . The door does open and closes 100% better , I knew the guy was going to messed in some way. He put fire extinguishers up on the wall and uses the wrong kind of brackets and the fire extinguishers
kept falling off the if just touch it. The fire extinguishers are sitting on th floor right now. :roll:

Ah, so that's what they're called. Makes sense now. Well, can you at least ask the guy to put a better bracket for those extinguishers? Don't think sitting on the floor is permitted, because they have to be easily visible, and easily within reach.

If you are getting a draft from the hall, put one on the door to your unit from the hall.

He may not have used the wrong kind a brackets but the wrong kind of screws. Or they should have been screwed into a stud and he didn't find a stud first.

Hoping that Angel1989 safely landed at O'Hare Airport, and that they landed smoothly.

That my cat thinks her toys are dirty. She loves to haul them off to the water bowl and dunk them. Every day.

If you are getting a draft from the hall, put one on the door to your unit from the hall.

He may not have used the wrong kind a brackets but the wrong kind of screws. Or they should have been screwed into a stud and he didn't find a stud first.

No he uses the wrong kind of brackets , they're are not strong enough to hold up fire extinguishers , they cheap ones he told he brought some better brackets . The guys is wasting ours condos fees having to replaces things . He brought a new part for our old storm door that was over 30 yo and had to go buy a new storm door after all.

I'm sure we will be crammed in like usual. We always book seats in the very last row on the plane. Usually luck out and get an empty seat in between us since most people hate sitting back there. I like it because you can get up, stretch your legs, without bothering anyone.

I've seen pictures of some planes with beautiful reclining seats etc. When I broke my leg in Maui, the flight home was so uncomfortable. The airline was trying to get someone in first class to trade with us, but no one would do it. Luckily I was still on good drugs after just being released from the hospital. Funny though, the stewardess told us that if there was an emergency, we were to sit still as we would be the last people off the plane.

How did you break your leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back