How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel vindicated. I got the guy who remembered me paying $100 last month to secure this unit I'm in now, and hopefully this nightmare will be over soon, and I can focus on a more positive week. :P

Confirmed the nightmare is over, and the property manager is hugely embarrassed. His office door is closed right now.

Last edited:
Happy. Got the new house insurance binder sent off today. We're ready to go!!

Happy. Got the new house insurance binder sent off today. We're ready to go!!

Has the construction crew finished all "punch list" items? Where are you with final inspections? Don't forget these and other final details that can slow things down at the end.

I'm by nature a foodie--I love well-prepared interesting food. This week, I have no desire for anything except tiny amounts of bland stuff (I can hardly even call it "food"). This is against my nature, so I must be sick.

Even at supper, Hubby eats normally while I force a few spoonfuls of plain rice down my throat. Oddly, his food doesn't tempt me (normally, it would). I had two grapes yesterday, and I felt satisfied. I'm sure that's not right.

p.s.
I remember my grandmothers referring to milk toast too, but it never made it to our table. :lol:

When I have a bad cold everything taste bland to me and I really do feel like eating food . I hope you'll feel better soon.

Has the construction crew finished all "punch list" items? Where are you with final inspections? Don't forget these and other final details that can slow things down at the end.

They finished construction about 2 weeks ago. We still visit the house, and made our list of things that needed to be addressed, and as of last Saturday they'd done all but one or two things. We have our final walk-through this Friday and if those last couple items aren't done, we'll make sure they know it. We close Nov. 3rd.

I'm feeling chipper today, and I have no clue why. And that bundle of energy I had the other day is back.

Feeling good!...Only 8 more days of these IV's!....(6 weeks total)....So Oct. 30th is the deadline...and was invited to a Halloween Party Oct. 31...gonna shake my ol' booty!

So far, so good this morning. :)

Quite sore from the long trip. Slept great though which is extremely rare. Found out a few more relatives are flying in to visit. Going to be a super busy weekend.

Wish it was colder here, it's 55º we are about on hour from Chicago. I think I packed too many warmer clothes.....

Quite sore from the long trip. Slept great though which is extremely rare. Found out a few more relatives are flying in to visit. Goint to be a super busy weekend.

Wish it was colder here, it's 55º we are about on hour from Chicago. I think I packed too many warmer clothes.....

I had my winter coat on earlier today, as when I left, it was still in the 40's. Didn't think to take it off before heading west, and guess what happens? Yup, I sweated enough to require two stops for water. :shock: Never do that again.

anim-BUNNIESOMG.gif

Feeling a little frustrated, as my 3G totally sucks right now, and I am unable to text certain people I need to reach, and I have turned on/off my phone several times, and turned 3G on/off several times, as well, with no joy. :|

Sad after seeing a whole bunch of dead squirrels run over just outside of my driveway. I wish people would slow down!!!

On the bright side it's better then a bunch of dead skunks

No not really. Smell aside, squirrels have just as much right to live as any other wildlife. It's just that the street I live on currently has an ongoing issue with the city in that people drive through here in excess of 15 mph over the limit. It's been hard to enforce. But we're moving in about 10 days. No longer will I have to deal with this speed issue.

Right now feeling maybe I should not have come on this trip. I'm in so much pain it's making me throw up. Tomorrow I am definitely staying put and not going to make myself feel guilty for not participating. Plus they all have been drinking wine and laughing at stuff that I don't find very funny.

Have to feel better for my meet up with Mark on Friday.

Right now feeling maybe I should not have come on this trip. I'm in so much pain it's making me throw up. Tomorrow I am definitely staying put and not going to make myself feel guilty for not participating. Plus they all have been drinking wine and laughing at stuff that I don't find very funny.

Have to feel better for my meet up with Mark on Friday.

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Is it motion sickness, a bug or ? At any rate I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Is it motion sickness, a bug or ? At any rate I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Sorry, I'm such a complainer lately. I have a muscle condition called Dystonia. It's extremely painful. If I am careful, rest up and do very little, I can manage. But the flight out to Chicago last night, waiting around at the airport then going out for dinner tonight was just way way way too much for me. Plus we went to visit my father-in-law for almost two hours at the nursing home. My body is screaming in pain. I'm laying in bed with ice packs while the rest of the group is drinking wine and chit chatting. All this has just made me fully realize the traveling is just too hard for me. I'm doing my very best so that my hubby has a good time with all of his siblings. More relatives flying in tomorrow night.

It's not bright for the squirrels , they have a right to live too. Some people just do not care about wildlife at all. :(

Note to self: best not to try and inject some humor when dead animals are involved. But I do agree that some people don't care about wildlife and that is a shame.

Here is a quick but true story. My dad lives in a wetland area and a couple of summers ago was getting over run with chipmunks in his backyard. So he went about trapping them and taking them down the road a mile or so and released them in a field. He released over 50 in all

After all that he somehow got talking to a guy about chipmunks and the guy told my dad he was getting lots of them in his yard. My dad asked where he lived. Turns out his house was just beyond the field my dad was releasing them in. My dad said he just thought uh oh after hearing that at the time and didn't have the stomach to tell the guy it was probably his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back