ISIS beheads a British aid worker :(

I actually feel for the journalists who get assigned (or take assignments) to these areas for a paycheck....
They get paid, yes, but I don't believe that's their prime motivation for covering the news in danger zones.

I normally don't like talking about these things because it's almost an affront. Here in America we have over 100 people committing suicide daily. People dying unexpectedly. Our infant mortality is one of the lowest of all the developed nations. Even Cuba is faring better than us in that category.
What does your statement have to do with this topic?

After a lifetime of watching the ongoing mess over there my first thoughts when seeing a new player or an old one gain momentum is this:

Who is bankrolling them and why?

Every bullet fired over there is paid for by someone else. There is only two facts that I take at face value when it comes to Iraq, it sits on the second largest known reserves of oil on the planet and that money talks.

The people who are in front of the curve on the ongoing push to raise oil prices make outrageous huge money while the rest of us suck it up and trudge on.

We live in a world where there are people who would cut someones head off just for the warm fuzzy it gives them. Pay them and they will do it all day long. Put them in bondage by way of threatening their family or their entire village they will do it for free all day long.

Cynicism when it comes to the Mid East is the advance tool for considering anything at all that happens there.

Last edited:
Exactly. They serve an important function, to keep us informed.

Richard Engel from Nightly news was held hostage and it was not reported until after he was safely returned . There was too great a risk to report he was being held hostage .

After a lifetime of watching the ongoing mess over there my first thoughts when seeing a new player or an old one gain momentum is this:

Who is bankrolling them and why?

Every bullet fired over there is paid for by someone else. There is only two facts that I take at face value when it comes to Iraq, it sits on the second largest known reserves of oil on the planet and that money talks.

The people who are in front of the curve on the ongoing push to raise oil prices make outrageous huge money while the rest of us suck it up and trudge on.

We live in a world where there are people who would cut someones head off just for the warm fuzzy it gives them. Pay them and they will do it all day long. Put them in bondage by way of threatening their family or their entire village they will do it for free all day long.

Cynicism when it comes to the Mid East is the advance tool for considering anything at all that happens there.
Yeah, ISIS took over the oil plants and is selling stolen oil for $20-60 per barrel. Whoever is buying these (probably some oil giant, paid by Americans) is bankrolling them majorly.

Anytime I see the term "beheads" or any variation of it I always think of Lorena Bobbitt :eek3:

big pic on one our national papers her in veil .headlines read 'show your face murdering coward'..i hope America get her if come back to uk nothing will happen

problem? don't realize? LOL

they know and they don't care. that's why they're crazy. martyr. it's a very profitable motivating business for them.

here's what WE don't realize. the more we keep bombing them, the more terrorists there will be because they will keep showing up in news headlines and it's furthering their cause. the only only only way to make them go away is to make the world turning its back on them.

think about it. we have mega-billion dollars of defense budget and we have the world most high-tech deadly weapons plus highly-trained special forces... and yet why can't we end them all? think about that.

I think your giving them too much credit. These religious wackaloons aren't motivated by money, there motivation is hatred of anyone who is not of their faith and beliefs and spreading those religious beliefs and killing those that won't buy into it. This is backed up by there forcing people to either convert to their form of islam or killing them by either shooting or beheading them. End of story!

The reason we can't "end them all" is that yes, we have a mega billion dollar defense budget, high tech weapons and highly trained special forces, but they have thousands of members and are spread out in several countries and without knowing exactly where each one of them are, it's difficult, next to impossible to take them all out at once, short of using nuclear weapons. Special forces are only good for taking out small groups and you have to know exactly where they are, if you think otherwise you are playing way to many video games.

I think your giving them too much credit. These religious wackaloons aren't motivated by money, there motivation is hatred of anyone who is not of their faith and beliefs and spreading those religious beliefs and killing those that won't buy into it. This is backed up by there forcing people to either convert to their form of islam or killing them by either shooting or beheading them. End of story!

The reason we can't "end them all" is that yes, we have a mega billion dollar defense budget, high tech weapons and highly trained special forces, but they have thousands of members and are spread out in several countries and without knowing exactly where each one of them are, it's difficult, next to impossible to take them all out, short of using nuclear weapons. Special forces are only good for taking out small groups and you have to know exactly where they are, if you think otherwise you are playing way to many video games.
I agree that it's impossible to destroy them all. For example, a leader is dead, it will go on anyway. I believe that Iran and Saudi Arabia do a good job to catch them. However, it will never end in my mind.

My bad, I mean they should expect risks while they are in war zone.

no they don't. they are not required to risk their lives for you and they are also not required to immediately come to your rescue. they can, in fact, chose not to rescue you.

Back