Not a very good picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 16
I can be nice :D ;)

Well me too!

Fainting-GIF.gif

My new Brio P-UP's I have ordered came in. I have an appointment on Saturday for my fitting. I don't know what to expect as this will be my first foray into digital aids after wearing analogs for years.

I suspect they will be programmed with defaults to start with.
Whoot!!! :D:D:D

My new Brio P-UP's I have ordered came in. I have an appointment on Saturday for my fitting. I don't know what to expect as this will be my first foray into digital aids after wearing analogs for years.

I suspect they will be programmed with defaults to start with.
Whoot!!! :D:D:D

Do they have your audiogram? If so, they will probably adjust these digitals accordingly.

If you, down the road, still want analog, I believe they can shut off/eliminate that which makes the aids digital and be as near analog as possible.......but don't quote me....

Do they have your audiogram? If so, they will probably adjust these digitals accordingly.

If you, down the road, still want analog, I believe they can shut off/eliminate that which makes the aids digital and be as near analog as possible.......but don't quote me....

Oops, you didn't want to be quoted. :giggle:

Yes, they have my audiogram. I think they will go with the Phonak target software defaults for the first fitting. I do want the start up delay as short as possible as I always put my aids on before turning them on.

My current aids are analog but have a digital amplifier. They only have 3 settings to adjust them.

I know I'll have some getting used to the new sound of the Phonak as all I've worn in the past several years were Siemens.

Uh-Oh! You were quoted again! :aw:

I just got my set of the Brio P-UP aids and so far I'm impressed with them although I've only had them a day. Speech sounds much better than my old analog aids. I took a friend with me so I'll have a base voice to compare to and he sounded softer but good. My own voice is louder than with my old aids and my friend told me that I'm talking lower now than I used to.

I had no problems hearing my friend or anyone else while walking around Costco. Leaving Costco and driving to work I can hear the noise reduction work and can even hear the radio again. Not that I listen to the radio that much because I couldn't due to the road noise. I let my drivers side window down while going 45 mph and can still hear the radio although greatly diminished as expected.

Costco did make ear impressions but I haven't sent them in yet as I want to give the aids a short trial to see if they will work out for me. I'm currently using my old molds and tubes from my Siemens aids. I didn't get the Compilot set either which is priced at $299 for the Compilot, TV-Link S and remote mic.

The aids were programmed with defaults in the Phonak Target software. I did have the audi turn off the start up delay as I always put my aids on before turning them on. It's a bummer these aids don't have an off switch but I can work with that as I've had a set of aids years ago that didn't have a switch.

I had to ask the audi to give me a way to mute the aids while I'm at work as I work in a noisy enviroment. Hearing protection is recommended but not required. I don't want to listen to all that noise while I work. So the audi took one of my programs (#5) to use as a mute.

They were programmed with defaults to start with.
In addition to the automatic (normal) program, my audi programmed the customs as follows:
1. StereoZoom
2. Comfort in noise 1
3. Phone via T-Coil + mic
4. Acoustic phone
5. Custom (programmed as mute)

I switched over to T-Coil to call a friend and I could hear him in both aids which is great! I had to reduce the volume from max for the first time on my cell phone while talking with my friend. Hearing the phone in both ears is a big help for me!

I got the silver/gray color to match my hair. I go back for my first follow up in 2 weeks.

So far I'm happy that I took the plunge to go all digital. :D:D:D

Last edited:
I just got my set of the Brio P-UP aids and so far I'm impressed with them although I've only had them a day. Speech sounds much better than my old analog aids. I took a friend with me so I'll have a base voice to compare to and he sounded softer but good. My own voice is louder than with my old aids and my friend told me that I'm talking lower now than I used to.

I had no problems hearing my friend or anyone else while walking around Costco. Leaving Costco and driving to work I can hear the noise reduction work and can even hear the radio again. Not that I listen to the radio that much because I couldn't due to the road noise. I let my drivers side window down while going 45 mph and can still hear the radio although greatly diminished as expected.

Costco did make ear impressions but I haven't sent them in yet as I want to give the aids a short trial to see if they will work out for me. I'm currently using my old molds and tubes from my Siemens aids. I didn't get the Compilot set either which is priced at $299 for the Compilot, TV-Link S and remote mic.

The aids were programmed with defaults in the Phonak Target software. I did have the audi turn off the start up delay as I always put my aids on before turning them on. It's a bummer these aids don't have an off switch but I can work with that as I've had a set of aids years ago that didn't have a switch.

I had to ask the audi to give me a way to mute the aids while I'm at work as I work in a noisy enviroment. Hearing protection is recommended but not required. I don't want to listen to all that noise while I work. So the audi took one of my programs (#5) to use as a mute.

In addition to the automatic (normal) program, my audi programmed the customs as follows:
1. SteroZoom
2. Comfort in noise 1
4. Acoustic phone

I switched over to T-Coil to call a friend and I could hear him in both aids which is great! I had to reduce the volume from max for the first time on my cell phone while talking with my friend. Hearing the phone in both ears is a big help for me!

I got the silver/gray color to match my hair. I go back for my first follow up in 2 weeks.

Hmmm, about that Mute feature, what do you have to do to turn on the Mute feature vs adjusting the Volume down?

Turning the volume down doesn't turn all the volume off. I could still hear the noise at work. So I opted for a mute as I want to preserve what little hearing I have left.

1. SteroZoom
2. Comfort in noise 1
4. Acoustic phone

I was going to suggest to bring another person with so could use their voice to adjust your HA , I only had my audi voice to use and that really does not help . I told him he should have TV so people can listen to it and have more than one voice to use.

1. SteroZoom
2. Comfort in noise 1
4. Acoustic phone

The mute is an extra program like the SoundFlow program so you can have 5 program's if wanted.

My remote control doesn't support mute so I've had my Audi set my volume so I can turn it down by 20db I believe and I do mute that way which is fine for me. :)

Glad to see you are enjoying them as I think they are great hearing aids.

I'm wanting them for the Speech in Wind feature being a sailor myself.

StereoZoom is also included in your everyday (SoundFlow) program so you've got an extra 2 program's if you wanted more program's.

Altho I have top of the range Naidas, I only have SoundFlow and 2 x FM program's myself :)

You need to ask for the speech in wind program, I've read amazing feedback on the speech in wind feature :)

My audi showed me a long listing of features for my everyday program on the Phonak Target software screen. I assumed that all features available were included in my fitting but I'll ask my audi when I go back.

I thought Stereo Zoom was included in my everyday program and wondered why Stereo Zoom was also included as a manual program. I'll ask my audi about that too.

Although I haven't had my aids long enough to test speech in wind but it is supposed to be included in my everyday program.

I haven't figured out DuoPhone yet. According to the Phonak website it works automatically when you put a phone up to your aid. My audi said it only works with acoustic phones however Phonak shows a demo using a cell phone. So far I've been having to switch to T-Coil to use the phone.

I'm not familiar with the FM program. What it's for and how it works.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm taking notes to bring with me at my next appointment.

My audi showed me a long listing of features for my everyday program on the Phonak Target software screen. I assumed that all features available were included in my fitting but I'll ask my audi when I go back.

I thought Stereo Zoom was included in my everyday program and wondered why Stereo Zoom was also included as a manual program. I'll ask my audi about that too.

Although I haven't had my aids long enough to test speech in wind but it is supposed to be included in my everyday program.

I haven't figured out DuoPhone yet. According to the Phonak website it works automatically when you put a phone up to your aid. My audi said it only works with acoustic phones however Phonak shows a demo using a cell phone. So far I've been having to switch to T-Coil to use the phone.

I'm not familiar with the FM program. What it's for and how it works.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm taking notes to bring with me at my next appointment.

Speech in Wind is not in the main SoundFlow option, it has to go in to a manual program. Once you get yourself in to the speech in wind feature, it will then work automatically but at the end, you have to then switch back to the SoundFlow program. I highly expect that the new Naidas will have the speech in wind feature within the SoundFlow program just like StereoZoom is now.

The DuoPhone will only switch on its own if the magnet is strong enough to allow it to switch. A lot of the time, it's not strong enough so you need a separate magnet that is placed on your cell phone etc to allow it to work.

Here's what you need but I'm sure Costco will give you one.
Magnet for Hearing Aid Autophone Phonak and Unitron | eBay

FM system is this - Roger Pen - Hearing Aid Accessory | Phonak - life is on
But you also need the Roger10s if you were to ever get one in the future - http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/p...r-Guide-Roger-design-integrated-receivers.pdf

I've had a FM / Roger for over 2 years now and it's made work so much easier for me.

I count 26 features that can be programmed into the aids but the question is how many of those 26 are in my aids? Maybe there's only enough room for a certain number of them. I'll ask my audi about this when I go back.

I'll look into using a magnet on my cordless phone to see if that works.

I thought it may be the Phonak Roger system you were talking about.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT:
Try doing this at a mirror while holding another mirror and holding a cell phone! :laugh2:
Not that's what I did though but I did try it! :roll:
2jg6w5s.jpg

Last edited:
After reading about Costco on here I decided to check out their hearing aid department. Had an appointment yesterday and I was their last one of the day so the audiologist stuck around and let me test a few different kinds of aids. He was pretty knowledgeable and wore a hearing aid as well. I tried a couple of BTE aids which I never wore before but after testing them I couldn't tell much difference between them or much difference with my hearing as it is. I am SSD in right ear so if I bought a new aid it would run around $1200 to $1300. I may wind up there to buy one soon though. I wasn't sure what the experience there would be like but it pretty good.

IMO, Costco does perform a very good hearing test. Better than many of the audi/his that I've visited over the years. Maybe they don't have the equipment but I didn't get a tympanogram there.

Of all the audi's and HIS that I've been too over the years I have yet to meet one who wears a hearing aid.

My experience with them has been positive as well.
Thanks for the report on your visit.

Back