Just came home with more debt

Get 1992 or something F-350 IDI (Nevermind the turbo, you can live without them!), have that truck coated with Line-x, and have undercoated by ziebart, you won't have to spend much money in long term. Parts for these trucks are DIRTY CHEAP! For instance, a set of fuel injectors (Mechanic type) for IDI cost equilievent to about 2 injectors for my DI diesel engine since my injectors are electronically controlled. Best part of IDI is that they don't run off computer so its simplicity at best, will last practically forever.

Well, any 7.3L Diesel is way to go. LOL My truck (2000 Excursion) proved me, since its 14 years old and has 188,xxxK miles on odometer and I have drove that truck from East coast all way to West coast in just couple months with almost zero hitch. I can't say zero because alternator blew out from too much accessories plugged in including fridge that I left running EVEN when engine is not running overnight, LOL Alternator couldn't recharge the dual batteries which is near dead state while feeding power to fridge. Took me just 10 minutes to replace it and get back on road. Because of that experience, I am leaning on keeping my Excursion, and get F-350, I like the looks from 1999 to 2006, so I am sticking with 7.3L cause it is easy to take care of, unlike today 6.7L diesel which I don't have skills or head to take care of it, hence on why I got rid of 6.0L... too much TLC is required.
BTW, when I mentioned that I drove my Excursion to California to my friends, all of them that don't know my truck runs off Diesel opened their eyebrows and wondering how I could afford gas with mammoth truck. I said, it runs off Diesel which gives me twice of mileage, they all ended up saying... "No wonder, yeah".

If you wondering if I will do that again, the answer is pretty much is... Yes, ONLY if pulling a RV! From my experience, anyone who are from East, want travel to West, and wanted to visit as much attractions as possible, my advise is 4 to 6 weeks of traveling, and plan way way AHEAD, there is so much to see out there in the West, just like back in East. I went there for two weeks, and it is STILL not enough, I had to because my prediction was fairly accurate, my wife's Gma had terminal illness, and we had to grab and see her for the last time. My wife's Gma passed away last night, peacefully.

I saw 2 alternators in a 2010ish Ford F250 diesel truck, not bother with dual alternators as I perform visual inspection (smog inspection). Thought

I seen a Ford 350SD lifted and all the bells and whistles... massive truck, 4x4, I like but dont think its practical....

Who says u need a lifted F350SD? There are plenty of them un-lifted whats wrong with them?

I wish my Excursion was lifted by 3 or 4 inch to equal like these F-250/350. I learn that Ford did that on purpose to combat competitors against ability to park in residential garage. RME! I wish that Ford realizes that not everyone wants to park their vehicles in residential garages. I like my Excursion or Superduty, since its easier for me to get in and out. I got neck and spine full of Titanium, much harder to get in and out of cars or these vehicles with low floor height.

I seen a Ford 350SD lifted and all the bells and whistles... massive truck, 4x4, I like but dont think its practical....

Who says u need a lifted F350SD? There are plenty of them un-lifted whats wrong with them?

I wish my Excursion was lifted by 3 or 4 inch to equal like these F-250/350. I learn that Ford did that on purpose to combat competitors against ability to park in residential garage. RME! I wish that Ford realizes that not everyone wants to park their vehicles in residential garages. I like my Excursion or Superduty, since its easier for me to get in and out. I got neck and spine full of Titanium, much harder to get in and out of cars or these vehicles with low floor height.
They say, Go Big or Go Home....lol

Well, looks like my wife doesnt want the Traverse, lots of blind spots ( both front sides of windshield/doors) as the pillars are super wide. Also the rear window is up high and slanted so it is majorly blinded backing up (has reverse camera) but that is a pain in the arse to watch ( mounted inside rearview mirror) while trying to back up... Plus interior is severly cramped. Cockpit style front seats, once in and doors are closed, you barely have any room to move... claustrophobic peeps- I shit you not, you will have a break down. So she is going to look into something else tomorrow.

Well, looks like my wife doesnt want the Traverse, lots of blind spots ( both front sides of windshield/doors) as the pillars are super wide. Also the rear window is up high and slanted so it is majorly blinded backing up (has reverse camera) but that is a pain in the arse to watch ( mounted inside rearview mirror) while trying to back up... Plus interior is severly cramped. Cockpit style front seats, once in and doors are closed, you barely have any room to move... claustrophobic peeps- I shit you not, you will have a break down. So she is going to look into something else tomorrow.

Safety come first. Smart move.

Safety come first. Smart move.
yep, even for me, driving blind vans, big trucks..ect... this thing is loaded with blind spots... I dont like the Traverse anyways, but now that she had it for the weekend, she isnt liking it at all.

yep, even for me, driving blind vans, big trucks..ect... this thing is loaded with blind spots... I dont like the Traverse anyways, but now that she had it for the weekend, she isnt liking it at all.

Yeah the way some people drive , blind spots can be dangerous .

I test drove a few cars that had huge blind spots. Definitely a turn off for me.

Hope she finds something she likes that is really safe for her. 80 mile commute is crazy and you definitely want a safe, reliable car for her.

Backup cameras that are on the rear view mirror are not so great. Mine shows up on my GPS and works great.

I test drove a few cars that had huge blind spots. Definitely a turn off for me.

Hope she finds something she likes that is really safe for her. 80 mile commute is crazy and you definitely want a safe, reliable car for her.

Backup cameras that are on the rear view mirror are not so great. Mine shows up on my GPS and works great.
You still dont answer my question.

I saw 2 alternators in a 2010ish Ford F250 diesel truck, not bother with dual alternators as I perform visual inspection (smog inspection). Thought

Two? More works to replace belts and little eat up MPG due too much drive (as alt, water pump, another alt, power steering, blah blah) on the engine.

My job to inspection almost EVERYTHING even air brake test.

Well, we took it back. She got something different that she likes. got a newer vehicle with less mileage, same price. I checked the tires and they are worn down close to the indicator so I told them new tires or no deal, they didnt want to replace the tires so I said I wasnt buying a brand used vehicle and paying all the sales taxes, insurance, car payment and putting new tires on it in a month...wasnt happening. The sales person didnt want to work with us until I told them we were going to go elsewhere, then it was a whole new tune. So new tires tomorrow. Pics coming, has a lot more options, actually better than the Traverse, no major blind spots as well.

Well, we took it back. She got something different that she likes. got a newer vehicle with less mileage, same price. I checked the tires and they are worn down close to the indicator so I told them new tires or no deal, they didnt want to replace the tires so I said I wasnt buying a brand used vehicle and paying all the sales taxes, insurance, car payment and putting new tires on it in a month...wasnt happening. The sales person didnt want to work with us until I told them we were going to go elsewhere, then it was a whole new tune. So new tires tomorrow. Pics coming, has a lot more options, actually better than the Traverse, no major blind spots as well.
What is it?

ok we took the 2010 Traverse back, we have a 2012 Full loaded Captiva Sport, everything imaginable loaded into this, with less mileage at 40k compared to the 80K on the Traverse. Trading the van in so they are doing the appraisal tonight and paperwork will be completed tomorrow if all goes in our favor..

Attachments

• captiva 004.jpg
    captiva 004.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 13
  • captiva 005.jpg
    captiva 005.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 14
Two? More works to replace belts and little eat up MPG due too much drive (as alt, water pump, another alt, power steering, blah blah) on the engine.

My job to inspection almost EVERYTHING even air brake test.

One serpentine belt. I think the Diesel engine idling is too low like 500RPM, able not provide lot currents to electronic fuel injectors or other devices, need 2 alternators to charging the full electrical circuits.

News is, we arent getting anything. Going to repair the van and keep it til spring. ..at least she has all wheel drive on the van and will get her though the ice/snow.

Newer BMW X5s use 3 backup cameras, one for back, two for both side mirrors, you can see big picture in navigation screen from driver side-rear-passenger side. The cameras are mounted flush under the bottom of the side mirrors. Cool. Safe for kids who play around the driveway or vehicle

One serpentine belt. I think the Diesel engine idling is too low like 500RPM, able not provide lot currents to electronic fuel injectors or other devices, need 2 alternators to charging the full electrical circuits.

I don't see any truck tractors with dual alternators and no problem with electronic FI at around 300 RPM. It's around 145 AMP. If you want more current then get bigger alt. :)

Back