Howdy

Lanzi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this board as I was researching auditory processing disorder, something I was recently diagnosed with. I'm still in the process of testing, so I have no concrete numbers yet, but I do struggle to make sense of speech when there is background noise (and often fail), and I misunderstand speech enough that it's annoying. As is apparently common with APD, my hearing test results show near-perfect hearing; the problem is in my brain. I'm new to this, so I appreciate all the people who have posted here on the topic.

That probably wouldn't have been enough motivation to join, but I also happen to be an ASL student. My interest in the language began when I was invited to several interpreted Deaf events. I enjoyed the events, but during the social time after, I felt like an idiot because I couldn't sign, and I didn't want to slow the conversations down by asking the person who invited me to interpret for me, so I just hung out in the background. But no more! Next time I go to an event, I'll at least be able to participate a little, and it'll only get better as I practice.

I look forward to meeting you all. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

:wave:
Based on my experiences and what I know some of APD, I potentially have this<un-diagnosed>.

I'm hoh.

I came across someone who has APD on another site (that person's on trial with the Nera Pro and that's what I'll have in December) *found this pretty funny considering the fact I'm trying that one out*

Back