Personal Project

MinFin98

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm doing this thing called a Personal Project for my IB school. My topic is Deaf Culture. So if any of you can suggest any good resources for getting information about deaf culture or just have anything that could help me give Deaf Culture the respect it deserves when I present it at school that would be awesome.
Thanks.

Hi,

I'm doing this thing called a Personal Project for my IB school. My topic is Deaf Culture. So if any of you can suggest any good resources for getting information about deaf culture or just have anything that could help me give Deaf Culture the respect it deserves when I present it at school that would be awesome.
Thanks.

Yes, your computer is has tons of information about deaf culture ! Isn't that how you found this forum ???

There are plenty of places online where you can find good information - I am sorry, I can't think of any to name right now for you. I will tell you though, that I have a book called Signing for Dummies which seems to have a good Culture and Etiquette section (in addition to being really good for learning ASL) - but if you would rather not spend the money, then Google is your friend! Good luck on your presentation, though!

Also, I am soon to be enrolled in that program - how do you find it? I know it is a tough program, but are you enjoying it?

-Jason

Last edited:
Yes whatdidyousay!, but I was hoping you guys could help me find the less obvious stuff and the ones that are actually accurate. There's a lot of crap online. I just thought I could find more by asking what others have found.

There are plenty of places online where you can find good information - I am sorry, I can't think of any to name right now for you. I will tell you though, that I have a book called Signing for Dummies which seems to have a good Culture and Etiquette section (in addition to being really good for learning ASL) - but if you would rather not spend the money, then Google is your friend! Good luck on your presentation, though!

Also, I am soon to be enrolled in that program - how do you find it? I know it is a tough program, but are you enjoying it?

-Jason

Hey,

Thanks for the help.

IB can be a lot of work, but if you keep yourself organized and do your work its not as bad as people say. Its worth it because IB opens doors other programs don't. If you pick classes you like the having a smaller course load, but more in depth courses works well. My experience with IB is mostly positive and the negative has nothing to do with IB specifically, but more to with school in general.

-Emma

I have a life here. :ugh3: Keep that in mind that Deaf people do have life.

Did I claim you didn't have a life? If you have other stuff to do that's fine. I'm just trying to utilize all the resources I can so I can do the best I can do on my project.

Library... thinks thats spelled write, bin a long time cents I bin ta one.

Back