A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

It's been around for quite a long time.

SF Muni buses:

SF_Muni_muniartic-s.jpg

SF-Muni-bus.jpg

Seems like a bunch of new stuff is getting around these days.

I saw the new ones not that long ago. It appears they started service this year, and I'm seeing more and more of them everyday. Heck, even the #22 Clark bus has them now. And for older buses, I can show you these:

Picture%201116.jpg

3707899172_b755c2e681-300x225.jpg

Smithsonian-CTA_bus02.jpg

p8499.jpg

Smithsonian-CTA_bus01.jpg

6486-09-08-12-mt.jpg

p500.jpg

Most of these have been retired, with the exception of the last two, although the CTA is in process of replacing the one with the curved glass. They're aging, and are currently being replaced. The last one is mainly seen at Jefferson Park, but I haven't seen it anywhere else, though.

This particular pothole a couple of blocks over really worries me, given the ability it has to make a major dent in a bicycle:

That's why I try to avoid going on Lunt Ave with my backup bicycle.

? Would if you could?

What? Are there not listings for them either in the phone book or online? I wouldn't totally bank on the fact that there's construction there already and they'll notice it.

Google threw this up as the first hit when I entered search terms "how do I report a pothole..." (it autocompleted with CHICAGO as the second choice in the drop down too oddly).

City of Chicago :: Pothole in the Street

? Would if you could?

What? Are there not listings for them either in the phone book or online? I wouldn't totally bank on the fact that there's construction there already and they'll notice it.

Google threw this up as the first hit when I entered search terms "how do I report a pothole..." (it autocompleted with CHICAGO as the second choice in the drop down too oddly).

City of Chicago :: Pothole in the Street

Done submitted the photo. They'll notify me once it's been processed.

This particular pothole a couple of blocks over really worries me, given the ability it has to make a major dent in a bicycle:

what we do is stick a pole (like tree branch) in it to warn people

That's why I try to avoid going on Lunt Ave with my backup bicycle.
um.... you can just.... simply navigate away from that hole...... why would you avoid the entire street because of that little hole? mein gott....

Would if I could. Anyways.... there's construction going on around the area, so they're bound to find it soon enough.

you should be able to.

NYC has an app called "NYC 311" for anybody to report any issue - noise, rat condition, item lost in taxi, illegal parking, blocked driveway, abandoned vehicle, pothole, broken sidewalk, etc. etc. etc.

I think Chicago has similar app.

you should be able to.

NYC has an app called "NYC 311" for anybody to report any issue - noise, rat condition, item lost in taxi, illegal parking, blocked driveway, abandoned vehicle, pothole, broken sidewalk, etc. etc. etc.

I think Chicago has similar app.

Yes. I already submitted the photo, and they indicated they had gotten it. They sent a tracking number, but when I tried to check on the status, it didn't show, and I'd assume they already saw it and had it taken care of, perhaps?

Yes. I already submitted the photo, and they indicated they had gotten it. They sent a tracking number, but when I tried to check on the status, it didn't show, and I'd assume they already saw it and had it taken care of, perhaps?

check again in the morning. you need to let things run for at least 24 hrs.

check again in the morning. you need to let things run for at least 24 hrs.

Yup, that's the idea, although I'm quite sure they wouldn't want that getting any bigger if they could help it.

I don't think it will get that much bigger in 24 hours (or less- usually all it takes is an overnight cycle to process any kind of request be it banking- though they're worse than most hmph- or putting in maintenance requests like the pothole.

I've seen that done before- sticking something in a pot hole to make it more noticeable especially it was small to mid sized.

I don't think it will get that much bigger in 24 hours (or less- usually all it takes is an overnight cycle to process any kind of request be it banking- though they're worse than most hmph- or putting in maintenance requests like the pothole.

I've seen that done before- sticking something in a pot hole to make it more noticeable especially it was small to mid sized.

That reminds me-- I need to follow up on it.

My neighbor asked me yesterday if I would take her dog out mid day. I declined , bec it's 104 degrees here and too hot for any dog to go for a walk. Her dog is little fluffy white fur boy. He can burn his paws. She didn't like my answer best to be safe than sorry.

Well!! Apparently touchscreens were alive and well in 1983. As such:

applephone_1.jpg

Now that's something.

Ordered a couple of these off Ebay earlier to use on Halloween :laugh2:
5155044563_64584632f9_z.jpg

Back