Naida Q50 UPs and Direct Audio Boots

Did a little more looking and found a UK site that describes parts of any BTE hearing aid. And sure enough the difference is what term which country uses. My US User Guide calls it the battery compartment while the UK site called it a draw.

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps you should of done the search before bringing all this up in the first place. I was born and raised in the US as were my parents and I new what Naida was talking about.

I am sorry your didn't catch that I said in post 14 that I had used several different terms in looking for it. I then posted after not finding it. NaidaUP was so upset with that and so determined that it had to be called the "battery draw" that even though I did not find it referred to as that in my User Guide nor on the USA Phonak web site I tried looking, with a term I don't recall, and found a UK web site with generic BTE parts named and "draw" is what they used.

Like RisinDragon said lets leave this be.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Phonak audio boots are different from Europe and won't work in North America and visa versa. I can't remember where I read it and can't seem to find it, but I will keep looking.

My Naidas came from Minneapolis, Minnesota but I use audio boots from the UK.

The Naida is the same throughout the world. They are all made in Switzerland. The audio boots are what connects the wires. I'm 99.9% sure, the OP will be save. He just needs a FM program for it to work.

I am sorry your didn't catch that I said in post 14 that I had used several different terms in looking for it. I then posted after not finding it. NaidaUP was so upset with that and so determined that it had to be called the "battery draw" that even though I did not find it referred to as that in my User Guide nor on the USA Phonak web site I tried looking, with a term I don't recall, and found a UK web site with generic BTE parts named and "draw" is what they used.

A lot of it is common sense. I've never had to look up a US term, I can work out what the term means and move on.

That was my point! This is a world wide site and people in different parts of the world call things by different names and if you see one ask for a clarification, but don't call them out on it. Let it be.

All my issues are fixed.

Thanks NaidaUp for your information regarding the ComPilot and Audio Boots. They were very helpful.

Taking the information you have given me, my audiologist and I did some testing around.

We were able to fix the ComPilot and the issue was the loop. She had a backup loop from another ComPilot, she's still going to order some extras for me, in case they break again.

We got the Audio Boots programmed and after some discussions, I decided to have the 'manual' option of turning the audio boots on and off.

I had the T-Coil option tweaked a bit. In my old hearing aids, when I used T-Coil, it blocked out all noises and focus on the phone. No matter how loud it was, I could still hear on the phone. My current settings was 10% volume to outside noise and rest into phone. So I had her switch the microphone off completely. I have attempted to make a few phone calls and the background interference was a bit annoying.

I now have 3 channels in used :) Channel 1 for Audio Boots, Channel 2 for T-Coil, and Channel 3 for 'Mute'. I hated taking my hearing aids off while they were still on, drove hearing people around me nuts. LOL

I'll be curious as to how your music sounds compared to your old HAs via the DAI leads :)

Oh thousands times better and more clearer.

As a matter of fact listening to music right now. hehe I love the fact that it's part of the hearing aids and locks in. Unlike the old audio boots I had that just attach to the aids. Removing them from the aids is so easy, I don't have to worry about them breaking apart, unlike the ones I had for the 411s.

I had to use the phone today, so I flipped to T-Coil. While listening in, I had trouble understanding the other person, because they were so soft. So that's one thing I need to work with my audiologist and have her increase the volume for it, so I can hear on the phone better. It was almost out of my range of hearing. I need more volume for it. Increasing my volume didn't really help much. I always hate asking someone else to speak up, but I have to at times.

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps you should of done the search before bringing all this up in the first place. I was born and raised in the US as were my parents and I new what Naida was talking about.
Same here.

Oh thousands times better and more clearer.

As a matter of fact listening to music right now. hehe I love the fact that it's part of the hearing aids and locks in. Unlike the old audio boots I had that just attach to the aids. Removing them from the aids is so easy, I don't have to worry about them breaking apart, unlike the ones I had for the 411s.

I had to use the phone today, so I flipped to T-Coil. While listening in, I had trouble understanding the other person, because they were so soft. So that's one thing I need to work with my audiologist and have her increase the volume for it, so I can hear on the phone better. It was almost out of my range of hearing. I need more volume for it. Increasing my volume didn't really help much. I always hate asking someone else to speak up, but I have to at times.

Oh that's great. When I'm listening to music via my iPod and my cell gets a FaceTime or Skype call, I just re plug my DAI leads into my cell to take the call.

I don't use any other type of phone so don't have to worry about t coil phones etc :)

I wish I could use the DAIs with my home phone. But they don't have a 3.5mm jack connection. I think that would help with the clarity better.

I like the idea that the DAIs can be connected to the cellphone. Do you have your hearing aids microphone set to mute so you can focus on the call itself? I would love to do away with the T-Coil since it's very old school. I haven't had a cellphone in a few years, but nice to know my options if/when I do get a new cellphone. Now the idea of keeping the wires connected to my hearing aids throughout the day. Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about that. LOL T-Coil makes it so easy not to have that issue. Choices I'd have to make.

I wish I could use the DAIs with my home phone. But they don't have a 3.5mm jack connection. I think that would help with the clarity better.

I like the idea that the DAIs can be connected to the cellphone. Do you have your hearing aids microphone set to mute so you can focus on the call itself? I would love to do away with the T-Coil since it's very old school. I haven't had a cellphone in a few years, but nice to know my options if/when I do get a new cellphone. Now the idea of keeping the wires connected to my hearing aids throughout the day. Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about that. LOL T-Coil makes it so easy not to have that issue. Choices I'd have to make.

I don't have my wires connected all day, just when I listen to music so if I get a FaceTime or Skype call whiles listening to music, I'll them plug it into my cell.

I done away with the landline and only got my cell as it's easier to hear on but I do like Phonak's new landline phone that works on the same program as the ComPilot does.

My FM program is FM + M but the mics are attenuated by 12db so background noise is not any louder then my iPod or cellphone.

I love them!! In the end I changed around a few programs and did some tweaking.

While the EasyFM setting was interesting, it was more of a pain in the neck than not. So I opted to manually select the option of connecting directly to my audio boots. I'd have something playing on the computer and then my stepfather would tap my shoulders, and to wait for my hearing aids to flip over so I can hear him was taking waaaaaaay to long or it didn't flip over at all. So I changed it up and removed EasyFM and had one of my channels be used for the Direct Audio Boots with background sound being muted. This was much better for me in the long run.

A few weeks ago I went to my audiologist and I found out that I had some sort of issue. I wasn't hearing as well as I should. I felt like both of my ears were connected to a muffler. But, when I connect to the ComPilot or Direct Audio Boots, everything coming from computer and TV were very clear. I was stumped. I explained it to my audiologist and my left hearing aid I couldn't hear anything coming out of it. I even pulled it out and she couldn't hear any noise coming from it. After she did some testing around. She figured out what the problem was. The 2 filters on the Naidas needed to be swapped out. I didn't know I had to do that, as I never done that before with my old aids. After she swapped out the filters with newer filters, the clarity was back to where it once was. The things I have to learn on the way. LOL

Now I know if I loose my clarity, i got to swap out my filters. More maintenance, oh well. Hehe

Other than that, everything works very well. I'm quite happy with them.

Oh that's weird. I found EasyFM when I listen to music to work very well when I switched music off, within seconds it switched back. Working via the FM system, it didn't work very well.

Yep the grey filters on the mics need to be changed quite regularly and sometimes the filter within the ear hook will block as well. Personally I've never had one block on me but its amazing the amount of people who have had one block, it's crazy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbUURSjWIgI

It's dead easy to change them yourself :)
(You Tube links shows how.)

Back