Hate new cars

except for the costs of repairs which are cheaper for old cars, sorry to burst your bubble(s)

That's what warranty for. :roll: and old parts become hard to find in the local shop. So you have to order and extra pay shipping for that.

That's what warranty for. :roll: and old parts become hard to find in the local shop. So you have to order and extra pay shipping for that.

Not if theres a local speed shop. Rebuilt trans with stage 2 shift kits $400 with exchange and anyone with a floor jack can change them.

How often for oil change? 3K miles? Mine is 5K. Ain't that great?

nope because now they have 100,000 but proven facts is now that all you need to do is keep oil topped off and a good filter change. although Id still change the oil regulary... still dont trust science with mechanical items...lol

Ford newest Diesel engine (6.7L), oil change every 10,000 miles, it is in owners manual.

Mine (7.3L) is 5K miles, my previous diesel engine (6.0L) was 7,500

And don't cry about this cause they use 3x or 4x more oil than your car needs, hence costing more.

U need 4 qts, maybe 5, mine needs 15qts.

And today oil is far better than it was 100 years ago, that is why it can last longer without oil changes. Have you notice today vehicle last much longer than it was 100 years ago. In fact 50 years ago average life of car is 7 years/100K, while don't see much 200K miles and vehicle still driving after 15 years, actually now average is 13 years.

7,500 miles? Are you serious? Does your manual actually say that? Mine says 5,000 miles, not 5,000- 7,500 miles.

7,500 miles? Are you serious? Does your manual actually say that? Mine says 5,000 miles, not 5,000- 7,500 miles.

YES!!! I'm serious.

I took advice from Mazda's expert, not you.

YES!!! I'm serious.

I took advice from Mazda's expert, not you.
I read Mazda's manual, yeah, it's every 7,500 miles or 6 months for oil change depending on driving conditions. What's weird, in Puerto Rico, it's every 3,000 miles or 3 months.

In Europe, it is once every 10 or 15K miles for them, oil is very expensive over there.

Here is fact, oil change every 3K miles is just plain rip off. They are intended as money making for oil companies.

I had vehicle that last me 4 years of trouble free, I changed only maybe 3 times in just 4 years, done passed 18K miles without change oil, the engine still purrs like kitten, and damn bastard hit that vehicle and ran! Best trouble free MOFO I ever own.

In Japan, they don't just change oil regularly, they change the engine every 50K miles sometimes as long as 100K miles. Its because their gas price is insanely expensive, and after 50K miles, engine lose its efficiency, hence why they change engine more often than we do.

I read Mazda's manual, yeah, it's every 7,500 miles or 6 months for oil change depending on driving conditions. What's weird, in Puerto Rico, it's every 3,000 miles or 3 months.

the frequency of oil change depends on where you live, how you drive, the environmental law, gas quality, etc.

the frequency of oil change depends on where you live, how you drive, the environmental law, gas quality, etc.
Gas quality--when TCS was in Ukraine, drivers had to strain their gas with cheesecloth before putting it into their tanks. :eek3:

Mine said 7,500 miles too.

3,000 miles is rip off.

Stop Changing Your Oil! - Edmunds.com

My mom's 2000 BMW 528i and oil last 15,000 miles due Straight-six motor.

90% semi-trucks oil last 20k to 25k. :)
Yeah, I got it. However Mazda manual shows 3k miles or 3 months for PR residents. I don't know why.

Anyway, I have 2007 Scion tC and the manual says 5k miles or 6 months. I checked a manual for 2014 same model and it still says 5k or 6 months. A manual for another model, FR-S (even though the engine is made by Subaru, I believe) shows 7,500 miles or 7 1/2 months. :hmm: So obviously not all cars are created equally. :lol:

Oh, I forgot to mention.. Thanks for the good link, BTW.

Yeah, don't forget shit evolved so much since 1880, as compared as during thousands of years before 1880. Unreal!

BTW, I used E-Brake twice (Both Pedal and hand) when my primary and secondary brake failed, and I was in heavy traffic. If it were not for that E-brake I will be in collision for sure. Both are on automatics I had to downshift to first gear, and applied E-brake as fast as I could and made it.

My experience is that it is SAFER on foot as E-brake compared to hand brake in middle of console. Know why? One of my pet peeves about E brake as handle is that sometimes my wife or my friends put shit on top of handbrake making it more dangerous in event of Primary and secondary brake system fails.

I am sure you know why I said secondary, not many people know there is two brake system on all of cars and light trucks, Primary was intended as normal, when fluid gets too low, secondary brake system takes over, if that fails then third brake known as E-Brake.

Yeah, I have seen E-brake cable failed due to rust. I never forget VW Jetta E-brake cable failed, it was about 3 feet long guy wire, easy to machine it (Manufacture), VW wants 80 dollars for this one, mind you, guy cable cost only 50 cents a foot!, three foot cost 1.50, VW wants 80 dollars? Kiss my ass! Im done with VW.

Thank god my Excursion has foot E brake pedal, my two other vehicles has handbrake as E-Brake, one of them is covered with shit from my wife :roll: My 4th vehicle, been in garage for few years already, don't have any E-Brake at all... Its motorcycle, never had one, just good o'le dual brakes.

Very smart.:hmm:

I recently service some newer Mazda cars/SUVs in past weeks, check Alldata for reset oil service, oil weight/grade, oil change due in mileage. The normal service is 7500K miles. Severe service is 5000K miles.
Severe Service Defined is:
-Repeated short-distance driving
-Driving in dusty condition
-Driving with extended use of brakes
-Driving in areas where slat or other corrosive materials are used
-Driving on rough or muddy roads
-Extended periods of idling or low-speed condition (common in taxi fleet or other)
-Driving for long periods in cold temperatures or extremely humid climates
Maybe they (in PR) recommend you to do oil change every 5K miles cuz of extreme humid weather... Just saying....

Back