How to make sure arguments with friends don't go south?

70-80%? Not going to happen. Are you saying that VRS terp must be Deaf to do relay job?

In reality though VRS relay industry, I would say 15-25% Deaf, then that would be fair, and that would include engineering, trainer/installer, technical support, customer services. Beyond that, it is really next to impossible. And be warned, new reform will hurt Deaf as an employee at relay companies, know why? FCC wants all VRS industry to focus ONLY on relay service, nothing else. That is their goal! FCC wants independent company to provide a platform for hardware/software, and have VRS companies out of software/hardware business. How can Deaf work as relay operator? Don't you see there is limitation there?

You know, Convo is Deaf owned, and they are very nervous about it, I am not sure if they develop a hardware or something like that, and FCC would ban them from using them thus losing millions of dollars investment on it.

As of right now, FCC is trying to assign NSF (National Science Foundation) to develop a platform with hardware/software.. WTF NSF for? NSF knows nothing about Deafness. How are they going to provide what Deaf needs?

And don't forget, your right it is our own language, don't forget the other half that is hearing's language too. Hearing people are using it too, so it is 50% Deaf and 50% hearing, period.

Theoretically, I'll never be satisfied until an ethical, deaf owned & run VRS company that has 90% share of the market because, after all, it IS our language, isn't it AND the viably the best route to our political and economic power there is!!! We taw kin' 70-80 million a year! :lol: but, hey, I'm serious as a heart attack!

70-80%? Not going to happen. Are you saying that VRS terp must be Deaf to do relay job?

In reality though VRS relay industry, I would say 15-25% Deaf, then that would be fair, and that would include engineering, trainer/installer, technical support, customer services. Beyond that, it is really next to impossible. And be warned, new reform will hurt Deaf as an employee at relay companies, know why? FCC wants all VRS industry to focus ONLY on relay service, nothing else. That is their goal! FCC wants independent company to provide a platform for hardware/software, and have VRS companies out of software/hardware business. How can Deaf work as relay operator? Don't you see there is limitation there?

You know, Convo is Deaf owned, and they are very nervous about it, I am not sure if they develop a hardware or something like that, and FCC would ban them from using them thus losing millions of dollars investment on it.

As of right now, FCC is trying to assign NSF (National Science Foundation) to develop a platform with hardware/software.. WTF NSF for? NSF knows nothing about Deafness. How are they going to provide what Deaf needs?

And don't forget, your right it is our own language, don't forget the other half that is hearing's language too. Hearing people are using it too, so it is 50% Deaf and 50% hearing, period.

You are such a killjoy as usual. Plus who said anything about deaf relay operator? I said MARKET SHARE, ok?

Theoretically, I'll never be satisfied until an ethical, deaf owned & run VRS company that has 90% share of the market because, after all, it IS our language, isn't it AND the viably the best route to our political and economic power there is!!! We taw kin' 70-80 million a year! :lol: but, hey, I'm serious as a heart attack!

Interesting, a video relay service that doesn't interact with the rest of the world.

Back