If you didn't have a lot of friends, what would you do?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of friends locally, and I hardly get any visitors, other than staff (which are official visits), but I choose to look at life in a positive way, and continue to live, as I have so much to live for. That itself may noy be enough for some, but my happy attitude keeps me going, and makes up for the lack of friends and visits. I am still here because I choose to live life a positive way.

Now, what about you? If you didn't have a lot of friends, what would you do?

I don't have a lot of friends locally, and I hardly get any visitors, other than staff (which are official visits), but I choose to look at life in a positive way, and continue to live, as I have so much to live for. That itself may noy be enough for some, but my happy attitude keeps me going, and makes up for the lack of friends and visits. I am still here because I choose to live life a positive way.

Now, what about you? If you didn't have a lot of friends, what would you do?

what mean by staff,is that people you working with

I would join in different events and try make friends. I do flea markets on Sunday mornings. It's my excuse to go sleep early on Saturday nights.

I would join in different events and try make friends. I do flea markets on Sunday mornings. It's my excuse to go sleep early on Saturday nights.

Yeah..... I don't know where. The ones I DO know about are usually public, and I go to those every now and then.

If I didn't have friends but I wanted some, I would join a church, or I would find different volunteer opportunities in my community.

Both those would be ways to meet people with common interests.

If I didn't have friends but I wanted some, I would join a church, or I would find different volunteer opportunities in my community.

Both those would be ways to meet people with common interests.

Both good options. However, the Deaf Church that the area has is a 2-hour bus ride on two different routes, and is located in Oak Park, IL.

what is the matter with thread it keeps getting muddled....
that looks like good place mark...are you a vet mark?

I've never had a lot of friends all my life and chose to have it that way because I'd rather have 1 genuine friend than 10 fake friends.

With that said, you would think that more friends means more happiness. But from my experience that's not always true. I had 2 friends that committed suicide and both of them were always popular and always had a girlfriend too. You would think that with such a wide variety of bonds they would be the happiest people on the planet but not so.

Now as for me, what do I do? I get into hobbies and interests and also try to make my job fun. For example I like riding motorcycles, reading about random trivia, reading books, walking around, etc.... I've made some good friends through motorcycles. Just because you don't have a lot of friends doesn't mean your life is over, you can still have fun trying out new things. I remember you said you go bicycle riding, you could join some kind of bicycle event or even start a deaf bicycle rider club. Have fun with it and at least from my experience making friends is a numbers game. I might have to meet 50 people before finally one would be a good friend.

ahh thought I having very senior moment,it two threads that similar mark

There is a woman who is trying to start a deaf cycling club in Chicago. If you want details, let me know.

Also, there is a Deaf pastor in Chicago area. I believe it's Ravenswood area of Chicago.

There is a woman who is trying to start a deaf cycling club in Chicago. If you want details, let me know.

Also, there is a Deaf pastor in Chicago area. I believe it's Ravenswood area of Chicago.

I know who the Deaf pastor is, and from what I've been told of him, he's not exactly one to help around a lot. And please do send me details.

I know Luthran church in states helpful...I went unwillingly with brother to church and was impressed...they had ASL and for my benefit a BSL terp...I looked at their notice bord and they did so much...have you thought about them

I used to have so many friends here until the big love triangle 4 years ago so I am happy with my 5 girlfriends , 3 in Md, 1 in PA, and another in NC. that's good enough for me. I also got my family as well.

I prefer quality over quantity in friendships. Numbers aren't important.

use internet, and no, not the dating sites...just use this forum , that's freinds enough...

Back