If it's a stupid question to ask..

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
what is CI-BORG? Does it mean a group of people who have CIs? :ty:

It is a person with a CI who is usually very disrespectful to people who don't have one. Well, that's what I've seen. :whistle:

gnulinuxman said:
It is a person with a CI who is usually very disrespectful to people who don't have one. Well, that's what I've seen. :whistle:

I dare you say that to my face.

You know it's a sense of togetherness but, of course, you troll like a little female dog like usual.

I dare you say that to my face.

CI-bo..-r .....

d025.gif

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
CI-bo..-r .....

d025.gif

Fuzzy
no not that. fragmenter means "I dare you say that to my face." by using this sentence "It is a person with a CI who is usually very disrespectful to people who don't have one. Well, that's what I've seen."

Look at under my username at below :)

FelixKat,
you know the sci-fi tv show: Star Trek The Next Generation?
but better descriptive of that word "Borg" is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

so CI = "cochlear implant" Borg = "cyborg"

so finally CI-Borg

but felixkat, you almost got that right "a group of people who have CIs"

:cheer:

personally its a way at laughing at ourselves. So many deafists would say that people with CI's are nothing but mindless robots who can't think for themselves, and who have no pride in themselves as deaf individuals.

I see it as CI-borg a take on Cyborg (and yes the Star Trek part of it is funny - except unlike drones we DO have minds of our own and we aren't afraid to use them!!!)

assimilate.gif

no not that. fragmenter means "I dare you say that to my face."

I know I know :) I was just kidding.. :)
he said "dare you to say..,," so I've tried, but you might notice I actually didn't finish saying that :)

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
I know I know :) I was just kidding.. :)
he said "dare you to say..,," so I've tried, but you might notice I actually didn't finish saying that :)

Fuzzy
I know AF :)

Boult, I love your description of CI-borg! And boy that bad penny keeps turning up -- sheesh!

FelixKat930 said:
what is CI-BORG? Does it mean a group of people who have CIs? :ty:

And FelixKat930, it is NOT a stupid question! That's how we all learn...
:type:

Felix and guys, I'm sorry for my outburst but last night I just wanted to cross the bridge without the troll on it.

Yes, it is all the above minus gnu's remark (totally idiotic IMO).

I look at two different ways...being a part of a group of fellow CIers and a way to laugh at ourselves (like in "Borging it", "join us to the dark side", and etc.)

See, I thought I was the only one who didn't know what this meant, but glad FelixKat asked.

Boult, thanks for the great explanation. :)

Although I'm hoh and never had CI, I remember wearing the old BW FM systems with the harness.....I always felt like a robot wearing it!

Back