Abortion is NOT a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vance

Reaction score
As I stated in other topic.. it sickens me deeply when christians use the bible against these women and deem them as 'sinners' if women decide to have the abortion. By that, I mean Jesus's teaching and God's Words, it is evilly thing for Christians or Religious Right to judge or impose their beliefs on women. It is morally wrong. Period. Anyway back to the point, I am going to post the excellent article about abortion and sin. That's logic-based analyzation for you, not faith-based. Here it is:

The word of God makes it clear to us that abortion is not a sin. In fact it's quite clear that to believe otherwise is nothing short of idolatry and blasphemy, and those are, quite definitely, sins.

Psalm 139 and the Beginning of Life

One of the most beautiful chapters in the Bible is Psalms 139. It speaks of God's constant, practically doting, love for his creation. It is distressing to see this chapter used by anti-abortionists as proof that life begins at conception. If you read the chapter in its entirety it becomes clear that our existence begins in the mind of God and that God's attentions follow us all of our days, through good and bad. Here are the verses that anti-abortionists use to twist this beautiful chapter to a common political tool:

Psalms 139:13-16 said:
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works: and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
These verses are used to prove that human life begins at conception. But there is nothing here to even suggest that. God conceives of us first. We read that a blueprint, of sorts, exists in a book, God's book. Before we are born God uses this to form our bodies. Nowhere here does this describe anything but the making of the human form. Nowhere here does it describe how we are imbued with a human soul. But there are numerous other places in the Bible where God makes it quite clear when and how we become a living being and not just an "imperfect substance" as mentioned in Psalms 139.

Consider first, Genesis 2:7,

Genesis 2:7 said:
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
First, God forms Adam, he forms of dust, a flesh and blood body. SECOND, he "breathes into his nostrils the breath of life" and THEN man became a living soul. Man did not become a living soul when God first formed the IDEA of creating Adam, in Genesis 1:26. Man did not become a living soul when God created his BODY. Not until God gave man his first BREATH did he become a living soul. Life comes from God. It does not come from human conception. To believe that the entry of a sperm into an egg constitutes a human soul is blasphemy. To believe this is to eject God from the mystery of birth and put the power of the male ejaculation above the generative power of God. It is nothing less than idolatry, elevating the status of mere man, his sperm and his ejaculation above the power of God to give life.

The verses in Genesis are not the only verses in the Bible to make this clear. Consider Job 33:44

Job 33:44 said:
The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
1qwoman.gif

Consider the story of Ezekial and the dry bones, Ezekial 37:1-6,

Ezekial 37:1-6 said:
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry. And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord God, thou knowest." Again he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause BREATH TO ENTER YOU, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and PUT BREATH IN YOU, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.' (emphases mine)
Just like Adam, who had a body before he had a soul, like every fetus in the womb, these dry bones were given sinew, flesh and skin, and AFTER they received the body GOD breathed into them and THEN they became alive. And, as in the verses above, because of that we "know that [God] is the Lord." Only God can bestow life and he tells us again and again in his word how this is done.

There is no trickery here. God does not breathe through an umbilical cord. We receive the breath of life, from God, through the nostrils, when we take our first breath. The concept of life beginning at birth, rather than conception, is so central to Christianity that we are "born again," not "conceived again."

Psalm 139 and the Beginning of Life

Why doesn't the Bible say anything directly about abortion? Why didn't Jesus dedicate his crusade against the practice as many of his modern day followers have? Did women have abortions in Biblical times? Yes. The Bible tells us so. Many anti-abortionists feel that the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill," covers the abortion issue. But in Mosaic law God covers the exceptions to this law, indicating quite clearly who may be killed and for what offense. For instance, if a man or woman has sex with an animal or commits adultery they must be killed. Does "Thou shalt not kill" apply to abortion? No. Miscarriage or abortion is an exception. Let's look at Exodus 21:22

Exodus 21:22 said:
"When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine."
In this instance a woman has been so injured, in a fight between two men, that she has aborted. The law states that if "no harm follows" the outsider must pay the husband a fine. An abortion has been induced through violence and this is not considered harmful. Abortion, then, is not a capital offense or a violation of the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill."

Does anyone know where in the Bible a prophet of God calls upon God to induce abortions in the wives of his enemies? Let's look at Hosea 9:14.

Hosea 9:14 said:
Give them, O Lord: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb (an abortion) and dry breasts.
And later,

Hosea 9:14 said:
...yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.
In this case God causes abortions, the prophet prays that these women will abort. If these are truly innocent children, how could God do this? But they are not, they are "miscarrying wombs," "unperfect substances" and God will prevent them from becoming human souls that will grow up to oppress his people.

1qman.gif

What if Mary had Decided to Abort Jesus?

Many people are surprised to learn that God gave Mary a choice concerning her pregnancy with the future Savior. In the gospel of Luke the angel came to her announcing what the will of God was for her life. In verse 1:38 Mary replies, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word." Mary gives her assent. To believe that Mary had no voice in the process is unthinkable, for that would mean that God forced Himself on (raped) an unwed, teenaged virgin. Mary chose to be the mother of our Savior. God honored her ability to make that choice.

Conclusion

Abortion is not a sin, though blasphemy and idolatry are. To say that human copulation (which the Bible calls unclean) has the power to bestow life is blasphemy. No mere act of man can negate the fact that only God bestows life, by giving the fully formed body, breath. Asserting that human life begins at conception is counter to the claims of the word of God and is a sin. It is doubly a sin because this debased belief leads others to sin. Those that kill clinic workers, harass clients and attempt to legislate this wayward belief lead innocent believers down a road to murder and depravity.

Follow the example of Jesus, let those that want Christ come to you. Do not force the grace of God on anyone. God has the power, not only to give life, but to save. As Paul says in Galatians 2:21,

Galatians 2:21 said:
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Little Known Facts

- The most common cause of death for a pregnant woman in the US is murder.

- Every six seconds a woman in the US is raped.

- A US citizen is most like to be murdered on the day she or he is born.

- The average age of a homeless person in the US is nine.

- A woman in Africa has a one in 13 chance of dying due to complications of pregnancy.

How much more "sanctity of life" and "traditional womanhood" can we afford?​

Source: Abortion is NOT a sin

I gave you the logic-based analyzation and other side of truth to counter christians' comments in Reba's topic. Remember that bible verses are open for any kind of interpretations... The problem is that Religious Right twisted the verses to their 'favors'... So don't take their words and mine, look at both side of truth and make a decision. That's what I am here for... that's what this topic is for...

Good sites to check out:

Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
That's TRUE Jesus followers for you. They don't believe in imposing their beliefs on others or judge others.. Highly recommended site to check their articles. They provide many information about abortion and such. Very worthwhile site to check.

The Birmingham Bombing

K. Shares Her Story

I will make a separate topic with other side of truths that conducted and researches by scientists & doctors in Europe and other countries included old civilizations and such. Again to offer the other side of truth and nothing more. Unlikely others, I am not here to change your mind or try to convince you... I am here to offer the other side of truth and leave all up to you to make a decision. As you already know that I never will impose my beliefs on you or judge you. I am a true Jesus follower and practice what He preached. God gives us the choice to make. It is up to US to make a decision for our lives and our futures. Not these losers in White House. Not Religious Right. Not freethinkers or Liberals.

Remember that always. It is all about you and yourself. Not them. Not us. Do what Jesus preached. Nothing more.

Edit: Oh yes, I do agree with the article above that blasphemy and idolatry is a sin.

Last edited:
Magastu, as you already know my feelings on this so wont go into that here but thank you for posting this.

It is an excellent posting - you have covered it all.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Meg said:
Magastu, as you already know my feelings on this so wont go into that here but thank you for posting this.

It is an excellent posting - you have covered it all.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
That's no problem :thumb: I totally understand, believe me...

:hug: :hug: :hug: back to you :)

As do I.
Look, I am not putting down Reba or any woman who bases her decisions on her religious beliefs. For example, a traditional, pious Roman Catholic woman would naturally want to know what the highest official in her religion would say about abortion (among other things), and she would naturally seek out pronouncements of the Pope. Or the adice of priests, or nuns she knows. Armed with such information, she would then make her decision as what to do or what not to do. This is what we expect her to do, this is how her "morality" works.
Now imagine that she is a Protestant woman with an unwanted pregnancy, what would she do? The Bible would still be her holy book, and her savior would be Jesus, but she would not care about what any priest or nun says, least of all the Pope.
Suppose she is a pious Buddhist, Hindu, or member of a religion that believes in an all-pervasive Spirit and the belief that no matter what happens, it is fate, what resources would SHE seek out?
Or an atheist or agnostic?
The point I am trying to make is that I will defend to the death a woman's reasons for making choices for herself, and I will be damned as a man if I force my beliefs on them.
Kinda hard to explain, sighhhh....

Last edited:
Impressive hearing about it...

Thanks bring posting here... To clarifty this issued.

well

Terminate... mean end.
Abortion, ending the life.
Murder means ending someone life.

Abortion is a sin.
And I think that it should not be use as a birth control.

I think that women and men should get their tubes tied.

I don't understand why women rather have abortion
than to have their tubes tied.

Abortion is more dangerous than having tubes tied...

To get tubes tied, read this...
Tubal ligation, commonly knows as "getting your tubes tied," is a surgical sterilization technique for women. This procedure closes the fallopian tubes, and stops the egg from traveling to the uterus from the ovary. It also prevents sperm from reaching the fallopian tube to fertilize an egg. In a tubal ligation, fallopian tubes are cut, burned, or blocked with rings, bands or clips. The surgery is effective immediately. Tubal ligations are over 98% effective as birth control.

Procedure

A tubal ligation is a relatively simple out-patient surgery done in a clinic, doctor's office, or hospital. It can be performed under local or general anesthesia. Mini-laparotomies and laparoscopies are the two most common techniques for female sterilization. Each procedure carries different risks and benefits. Be sure the clinic discusses surgical options with you, describes the risks, and answers all of your questions before the surgery.

In the laparoscopy procedure, the abdomen is filled with carbon dioxide gas so that the abdominal wall balloons away from the uterus and tubes. The surgeon makes a small cut just below the navel and inserts a laparoscope, a small telescope-like instrument. A second incision is made just above the pubic hairline to allow the entrance of the instrument that will cut, sew or burn the tubes. The surgery takes about half an hour.

There may be up to several months delay between your request for surgery and the day it is performed. You may want to consider other birth control methods in the meantime. Young women with no children may have difficulty finding a surgeon to perform the procedure.

After surgery, it is recommended that women take 2 to 3 days off and only perform light activities for a week. Sexual activity can start again when a woman feels comfortable, usually after a week. Women who have surgery performed through their vagina are advised not to put anything into their vagina for 2 weeks to avoid infection.

Abnormal bleeding and bladder infections are risks after tubal ligations. Each type of surgery also involves different risks.

Some women report having post-tubal sterilization syndrome. The symptoms include irregular and painful periods, mid-cycle bleeding, or no periods. While some physicians believe there is no evidence that this syndrome exists, others believe more research should be done.

Women who have reversal surgery and become pregnant have a higher chance of ectopic pregnancy. Highly recommend artificial insemination.

Future Fertility

Tubal ligation is considered a permanent method of birth control. Surgery to reverse a tubal ligation is not always effective. In addition, reversals are both difficult and expensive. But can have artificial insemination.

Sexuality

Women are fully able to enjoy sex after a tubal ligation. Usually, hormone levels and a woman's menstrual cycle are not noticeably changed by sterilization. Ovaries continue to release eggs, but they stop in the tubes and are reabsorbed by the body. Some women experience improved sexual pleasure because they are less worried about becoming pregnant.

Advantages

Permanent birth control.
Immediately effective.
Allows sexual spontaneity.
Requires no daily attention.
Not messy.
Cost-effective in the long run.

Disadvantages

Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
Requires surgery.
Has risks associated with surgery.
May not be reversible, but can have artificial insemination.

why rather choose abortion...

The Very Earliest Abortions Are Chemical Abortions...

First Trimester Abortion - Performed up until 14 weeks, these are known as early surgical abortions and are the most common and least risky abortion procedures. They include suction abortion and D&C.

Second Trimester Abortion - Performed after 13 weeks, these are not as common and carry higher risk than earlier abortions, these are not recommended unless necessary to save the life or health of the mother.

Third Trimester Abortion - The most risky procedures. These include partial-birth abortion which is a full term abortion that carries no known medical benefit to the mother.

The Earliest Abortions:
Chemical Abortions: The Pill, RU486, methotrexate, Norplant, IUD’s, prostaglandin’s, and Depo Provera all cause what could be described as early abortions. You may not be aware of the fact that the Pill has a "back up" abortifacient action that works to kill a baby very early in its development if ovulation occurs and conception takes place. With some of the new "mini-pills," research shows that ovulation takes place in 67-81% of the women who use these birth control pills.

Dr. Ronald Chez, a scientist at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), publicly stated that the new Pills of today, with their lower estrogen dose, allow ovulation up to 50% of the time! It is estimated that Chemical "Contraceptives" cause between 7 to 12 million early abortions each year in America (Source: Study of Abortion Deaths Ad Hoc Commission 1995). Most women using the Pill (and other "birth control" methods listed above) are not usually aware of this.

Morning After Pill: You may not realize it, but the "Morning After Pill" is just a high dose of the Pill. Along with preventing pregnancy from occuring, it also causes some of the earliest abortions. It is considered safe but it is not risk free. Do not use this method without understanding what you are doing. Often, there is already a genetically complete growing human being inside a woman when she takes this pill.

RU-486: Much talked about in the news, this early abortion method can be used up into the second month of pregnancy. It works by blocking progesterone, a natural hormone crucial during pregnancy. Without it, the uterine lining can not provide food, fluid or oxygen to the developing baby. The lining disintegrates and a second drug is given to make the uterus contract to expel the baby. Women who abort using RU-486 experience nausea, severe cramping, vomiting, and bleeding. The worst part is that instead of being over in 10 to 20 minutes like an early surgical abortion, this type of abortion can last for a week and risks the woman being confronted with a tiny little body at the end.

First Trimester Abortion Procedures:
Manual Vacuum Aspiration: There are two types of suction abortion available. The first is called manual vacuum aspiration (MVA) which is performed using the suction of a manual syringe to pull the baby out of the uterus. MVA is possible up until 10 weeks after a woman's last menstrual period.

How it is performed:

The vagina is washed with antiseptic to prevent infection.
A painkiller may be injected into or near the cervix.
The cervix may be opened using dilators or a dilator may be inserted the night before to stretch it open before the procedure.
A tube is inserted through the vagina and cervix and into the uterus.
A hand-held pump is used to terminate the fetus and extract it from the uterus.
Dilation and suction Curettage (D&C): This is a step between MVA and a D&E (see below). This procedure is used from 6 to 14 weeks after a woman's last menstrual period.

The time an MVA and D&C can be used overlap and the doctor will pick the most suitable procedure. Pregnancies past 6 weeks may require a stronger suction than what MVA provides to be able to empty the uterus, and pregnancies past 10 weeks definitely do as the baby is larger and more fully developed.

A machine-operated suction tube (29 times stronger than a home vacuum cleaner) is carefully inserted into the uterus. The powerful suction tears the developing baby apart limb from limb and sucks it from the womb along with the placenta. The baby's remains are deposited into an attached waste bottle. A curette (a sharp knife in a loop shape) is inserted and used to scrape away any of the baby or the placenta that remains.

How it is performed:

A painkiller is injected into or near the cervix.
The cervix is opened with dilators or a dilator may be inserted the night before to stretch it open before the procedure.
A tube attached to a suction machine is inserted through the vagina and cervix and into the uterus.
The machine is turned on. It sounds like the suction machine from a dentists office. Some clinics offer a quite, wall mounted unit so that the woman doesn't permanently associate the sound with an abortion.
All or most of the developing baby and placenta are sucked out of the uterus.
A curette may then be used to scrape away any remaining pieces to insure infection does not later occur.

Second Trimester Abortions:
Dilation and Extraction (D&E): This procedure is used after 13 weeks and does not rely primarily on suction. The cervix is dilated and the unborn child is dismembered with plier-like forceps. Force is needed to pull the baby apart. The instrument is used to seize a leg or other part of the body and then, with a twisting motion, tear it from the baby's body. The baby's spine is snapped and the skull crushed.

How it is performed:

A special dilator will be inserted the night before that slowly stretches the cervix open.
Antibiotics may be given to prevent infection.
Painkillers are given through an IV. (Needle inserted into the hand or arm with a tube attached.)
A local painkiller is injected into or near the cervix.
The dilator is removed.
The unborn baby (fetus) is removed using medical instruments, suction and a curette.
Saline amniocentesis: A concentrated salt solution is injected with an amniocenteses needle into the amniotic fluid. The baby breathes and swallows it and dies over an hour later of acute salt poisoning. The mother then delivers a dead burned baby sometimes after feeling the baby convulse, jerk and kick for at least an hour as he dies. Use has declined because of dangers for the mother and because sometimes the baby survives. (Emotional trauma is a big risk for this one! You will feel the baby move and jerk around as he or she dies. Women will bear emotional scars from this type of procedure.

Third Trimester Abortions:
Prostaglandin: Used late-term - Prostaglandin is injected into the amniotic sac causing premature labor and delivery of a dead baby. Use of this has dropped significantly because of the risks to the mother. (Emotional trauma is a big risk for this one! I would beg anyone considering an abortion to never pick this option. If you're far enough along, you will feel the baby move and jerk around as he or she dies. Effect: Psychological emotional scar.

Inter-cardiac injections: Poison is injected into the chest or heart of the fetus via a long needle inserted through the mother’s abdomen. The dead baby is usually absorbed. Sometimes this results in the loss of all the babies when using this method for "pregnancy reduction" with multi-fetal pregnancies.

Partial-Birth Abortion (D&X): Partial-Birth Abortions are used from the 4th month through the end of the 9th month of pregnancy. Once you get to this phase of pregnancy, the child is viable and this procedure is wholly unnecessary.

For this abortion, the abortionist uses ultrasound to locate the unborn baby's legs. Forceps are then used to pull the baby's legs through the birth canal, delivering the baby feet first, being careful to leave the head inside. A scissors-like instrument is then used to puncture the base of the back of the head. A suction device is then inserted to suction out the baby's brain so the skull will easily collapse. The dead baby is then removed. If the baby manages to slip out alive then he or she is legally protected and the doctor is not allowed to continue with the skull puncture/brain suction move.

TTT said:
Terminate... mean end.
Abortion, ending the life.
Murder means ending someone life.

Abortion is a sin.

TTT, I know you are an intelligent person, and I am scratching my head here.
What criteria are you using to make such blanket statements?

Is the termination of life murder? If so, are we murdering germs when we disinfect?
Are we murdering the rest of the millions of sperm each time we have sex (because it takes only ONE sperm to merge with an egg to create life)?
The fetus in the early term is not much more than body tissue before it achieves self-awareness...so at what point do we consider it murder?
Lol, TTT, many people here think you are nuttier than a fruitcake but I know better.
I know you are an intelligent person with, umm, issues, but who does not have issues?
Let's get real here though, okay, and not start circular emperical nonsense and recommence going into circles.
It is said that if you put a catterpillar on the lip of a coffee mug, it will keep going round and round and round and round till it dies.
Don't do that to yourself.

Damn, I'm bored today to be posting so much, lol.

Last edited:
I thank-you Magatus for your statement along with the links... But I think Abortion is a sin in my eyes, But I am not one of those people who like to shoved down anyone else's throats how we all are a sinner for those who had abortion done. God gave us a life, we live our life, we all have sinned; If sins are so bad that you think God will send those who have sins to hell, That would make all of us go. God knows we all have sinned, and its up to us to seek to him to ask for our forgiving. It is not up for those Religious beliefs, to tell us we are going to die in hell, that our baby are sinners also. I see it as differently as "terminated pregnancy" and "murdered fetus" those two different types meaning to me is that the choice we didn't have would be terminated pregnancy the choices they have would be murder fetus because some people go out their way having too much sex, then bang, they get pregnant and go get an abortion so many times, That shows with no sense of values outside the self.

But, like I said I believe it up to a woman if she wants or not to have abortion done, I would not look at her as a bad example, because it is not my place to judge, And I cannot tell them what to do with their lives. I also think it is wrong to forcing your morality on anyone. And I hope the tolerate toward to them stopped right there. :grouphug:

I understand your anger. I find your source as little outrange. It missed some big points of the abortion according with bible.

Ezekial 37:1-6 is speific for born again Christian.

You may want to read very depth Information about reality of Abortion. It is very long but seriously big picture thing.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/ABORT.HTM

www.billygraham.com
Q: Why is abortion such a big issue for Christians?

A: Mr. Graham believes that the spiritual condition of man is at the root of the abortion issue. Until man's spiritual condition is changed by the power of Jesus Christ, we will not find a full solution to this problem. It is sin that produces the problem of most unwanted pregnancies, as well as all the other disorders which plague the human race. It is also sin which produces the misbelief that women have a "right" to take the lives of unborn babies. The apostle Paul writes, "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like" (Galatians 5:19-21a).

Life is sacred, and we must seek to protect all human life: the unborn, the child, the adult, and the aged. Several Bible passages tell of the sacredness of life and speak to the subject of abortion. They include Exodus 20:13, 21:22, 23:7; Job 10:8-12; Psalms 22:10, 51:5, 127:3, 139:13-16; Isaiah 44:1-2, 49:5; and Jeremiah 1:4-5. From a medical point of view, in the words of a physician, "The ultimate scientific fact that all must face and deal with is that nothing, no bits and pieces, will be added to this living human being from the time of fertilization until the old man dies—nothing except nutrition. Each of us existed in toto at that moment. All that we have done since then is to mature."

Since the Supreme Court removed restrictions on abortion in 1973 abortions have risen to an incredible figure of over 1.5 million each year in the United States. Mr. Graham strongly opposes "abortion on demand" and was instrumental in the founding of the ministry of Care Net, which is the largest evangelical network of crisis pregnancy centers. Care Net seeks to provide the most accessible and effective abortion alternatives possible. For a discussion on the alternatives to an unwanted pregnancy, you may contact Care Net at 1-800-395-HELP. For additional help and literature on abortion, contact the Christian Medical and Dental Associations, P. O. Box 7500, Bristol, Tennessee 37621; telephone: (423) 844-1000. A book which may be helpful to you is "Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue" by R. C. Sproul. It is available at most Christian bookstores.

Q: I have had an abortion and feel so guilty. Can God forgive me?

A: God wants to bring peace, forgiveness, and joy to your life—and He will if you will allow Him. The matter that is distressing you—the taking of life through abortion and anything else that separates you from God—needs to be confessed to the Lord, pleading the blood of Christ (Ephesians 1:7, Romans 3:25, 1 John 1:7) with its power to remove sin and guilt from anyone who asks. There is no question about God's forgiving, but sometimes we are not willing to commit our sin to Him for forgiveness.

As we commit the actions of the past to God, we receive peace, comfort, and assurance through Christ. We believe that God, through His Word and the power of His Spirit, can minister peace to you in the midst of your emotional distress; God's Word offers us the peace that passes all understanding. As you fully commit this problem to the Lord, you will begin a new relationship of hope and comfort in Christ which will assure you that "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1).

David was deeply distraught about overwhelming conditions in his own life which blurred the sense of God's presence, but in Psalm 51 he expresses assurance that the joy and fellowship of the Lord have become real to him. In other words, he experienced the unfailing love and compassion of God in times when he was plagued with self-condemnation. After turning a problem over to the Lord, we often pick the problem up once more and agonize over it again and again. Instead, we must decisively choose to leave the matter with Him and put it out of our minds, refusing to think about it or dwell upon it in any way. When thoughts of guilt come to your mind, say to yourself and God, "Thank you, Lord, for your great forgiveness and mercy. I praise you that you told me to cast this care upon you (1 Peter 5:7), and I have done so. Forgive me for my worry about this matter; with your help, I will praise you instead."

I am still looking for very summary and strong point. So far I found very long information with big picture.

Last edited:
Wow.....excellent topic Magasue! I am impressed! One thing I should add is that most abortions take place early on. Much of the time, genes have not been able to affect a fetus. There have been autospies of fetuses who were aborted, who were then found to have a 100% fatal birth defect (in other words, ALWAYS results in miscarriage!)

I think that women and men should get their tubes tied.

I don't understand why women rather have abortion
than to have their tubes tied.
Oh I agree....I think some women and men SHOULD be sterilized permantly, especially as there are people out there without the skills to make good decisions about sex and partners and everything.

Good posting, Magastu,

I´m neutral person and would not judge anyone´s decision for that because it´s their bodies.

I am for an abortion:

Risk mother´s life
Malforation baby
dead baby

I am not for an abortion:

healthy baby
àccident baby
abort many times for no reason which they must have known that there´re kind of sex protection, why cant they use something to protect to have baby instead of kill babies many times?

I would give baby up for an adoption because the baby deserve to be alive and happy.

If I doesnt feel ready to be mother
If I am unfit mother
If I cant give the baby my love and attention
`

What would Jesus do?

WWJD? about abortion? ummm....

Last edited:
Crazymanw00t said:
http://www.bible.com/answers/aabort.html

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/prolife.html

There are thousand more of information. I will ask my friend to give me the brooket of abortion. I will tpye up and summary it.

God has your child in heaven with Him, and longs to forgive you if you ask Him to. Once God forgives a sin, He literally forgets it,
Did you read that Crazymanw00t? Now you are proven wrong, Never ever uses God's name to send out false information; therefore you have sin upon God's name. :nono:

Liebling:-))) said:
Good posting, Magastu,

I´m neutral person and would not judge anyone´s decision for that because it´s their bodies.

I am for an abortion:

Risk mother´s life
Malforation baby
dead baby

I am not for an abortion:

healthy baby
àccident baby
abort many times for no reason which they must have known that there´re kind of sex protection, why cant they use something to protect to have baby instead of kill babies many times?

I would give baby up for an adoption because the baby deserve to be alive and happy.

If I doesnt feel ready to be mother
If I am unfit mother
If I cant give the baby my love and attention
`

I feel same here.

I dislike anyone to put pressure on any mother to have an abortion. I have a dear friend's daughter who is 6 months pregnant now. She told me two of her friends put pressure on her to force her daughter to have abortion because she is young. I felt the society is frown on anyone who is not married or a teenager and put alot pressure on those mothers and their parents. It is wrong of them to do this. We need to look at ourselves and what kind of person we are.

Mag, I need to say something here. The unborn babies who were forced to come out early, were breath for short time before they were being killed. It is murder. Murder is under 10 commandment.

Cheri said:
Did you read that Crazymanw00t? Now you are proven wrong, Never ever uses God's name to send out false information; therefore you have sin upon God's name. :nono:

Where is that quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back