I lost a hearing aid...

JennyB

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I lost it inside my dog. :Oops::thumbd:

Either that or I lost it while I was on campus, but it should have been on my ear at school. Blah. I only have my left one - which better than only having my right one because my right ear doesn't work as well as the left. *Sigh*

That sucks! I've heard stories about dogs eating hearing aids. If you think that you dog ingested it, should you have a vet check it out? It could seriously hurt your dog.

Jenny,

I lost a hearing aid recently and I am so mad with myself. Unfortunately for me I did not take out any insurance and my travel insurance will not cover it. I am going to make sure I have coverage for my CI and Hearing aid in the future. Do you have any coverage for your hearing aid.? If your dog ate it you should know pretty soon. What goes in eventually comes out. Ok, I think that is enough biology for today.

If there are anymore lost hearing aids we will have to start a special thread for a lost hearing aid support group.

I do have insurance. If we use it the rates go up though. This is the first time in a while that I have lost a hearing aid. When I was younger I used to throw them out car windows...I wasn't a fan of them back then. This is the first time I have unintentionally lost one :giggle:

I do have insurance. If we use it the rates go up though. This is the first time in a while that I have lost a hearing aid. When I was younger I used to throw them out car windows...I wasn't a fan of them back then. This is the first time I have unintentionally lost one :giggle:

Wow bet your parents must have been real mad, did they let you go without HAs till you could afford one on your own? Ive always taken care of HAs and never lost or ruined one on purpose. I did lose one accidentally one day in summer camp. Me and my friends spent an hour looking but it was never found. As to your dog, take him to the vet for xrays if you think he ate your HA. :aw::eek3:

That sucks! I've heard stories about dogs eating hearing aids. If you think that you dog ingested it, should you have a vet check it out? It could seriously hurt your dog.

That is right the battery has mercury in it and that can be very harmful to your dog and the HA could get stuck inside the dog . Has you been checking your dog poop to see if he /she pass it? My dog ate my dinner and it was chicken , and a bone was in it. the vet said to made sure my dog does not vomit blood and that there is no blood in his poop.

:giggle: This is not the first time I have heard of that! :giggle: Sorry you lost yours and I hope you find it! :)

yipes how'd that happen? Hopefully you just lost it somewhere instead of the dog eating it, and hopefully somehow you get it back.

Once it comes out of your dog put it in dry and store and then see if it still works. If the aid is not real old it may be covered under the manufacturers warranty. I have resound azures and they are covered for damage, lost, etc, for I think 3 yrs.

My dog ate mine a few years back - well - actually chewed it to bits. I looked for many days. I was in the back yard and behold! Under her favorite shady tree...there was the mangled evidence. I had apparently dropped it from the high buffett where I have the dessicant jar. Luckily, it did not have the battery.
Sigh. No warranty or insurance.
I truly hope that you do not have such bad luck. Hope you find it soon.

$523 dollars later I have a right hearing aid again. Not bad considering that includes the replacement cost for the mold, FM receiver, and aid itself. Could have been worse.

$523 dollars later I have a right hearing aid again. Not bad considering that includes the replacement cost for the mold, FM receiver, and aid itself. Could have been worse.

So did you ever find out if the dog ate it?

I have never had a dog eat my HAs when I was little. They always went after my earmolds and chew them up to tiny itty pieces.

I am with Botts...inquiring minds want to know. Did you ever get to find out if your dog ate it?

The $500 vet bill and xray prove that he did. *sigh*. He is a Mastiff/Chow Chow/Border Collie. He is massive and eats anything.

Well, you don't seem sad, so i guess the good news is the dog is fine? :lol:

The $500 vet bill and xray prove that he did. *sigh*. He is a Mastiff/Chow Chow/Border Collie. He is massive and eats anything.

haha thats kind of funny, i have 2 big dogs as well. one loves to chew electric cords! i dont know how he havent gotten electroucted yet the other one loves leather so she tore up jason's parent leather couch yike! part of life im wondering once you retrieve ha can you send the feces-covered ha back to get new one?

Yikes. Glad you decided to take him to the vet, and that you got a replacement.

My dog chewed mine eight years ago.... Talk about expensive! They were brand new too...

weird combination, any chance of a pic of your dog?

Back