NAD - Deaf Lottery Scam

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Read very carefully about Deaf Lottery Scam. Do not send money!

Have you received a message from a “deaf charity” or a “deaf lottery” that said you won money? Did the message mention the National Association of the Deaf (NAD)? Beware. The NAD does not participate in “deaf charity” or “deaf lottery” programs.

Scam = cheat, fraud, trick, swindle. For example, you may receive a message from a “deaf charity” or “deaf lottery” saying you won money. They may ask for more information about you. They may say you must pay money before you can get your lottery money. They may try to make you feel foolish for not sending your money to get more money. Other people may send you a message claiming they won lottery money, and now you can win. This is a scam.

Sample Scam Message:

Date: 2009/8/26
Subject: You are a winner!
To: your_e-mail_address@yqpd.com

The Entire Team of Deaf Charity organisation, Congratulate you on your Win of a cash prize of $150,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars) Only in today's Draw.
We are also Pleased to inform you that you have been verified. We got millions of Email address from the the deafvp and deafconnect and our electronic System Randomly Picks 10 Lucky People to win $150,000.00 Cash prize each all in the effort of empowering the deafs and the disabled in general.
We are Charity Organisations, Lending a Helping Hand to the Deaf, as we know that Disability is not Inability.
We are affiliated to Organisations Like NAD (National Association of the Deaf), UNAD (United Nations Aid for Disabled)
Subsequent to the United Nations Disabled Day Held in texas in July 2009, we came up with a lottery to help the deaf through out the States but u need to believe this cos it is real.
As matther of fact, the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT is aware of this and also the department of IRS and we are compelled to give out the cash winnings to sucessful and lucky winners after they have met up with the laid down requirments and have been cleared
Our System Randomly Picked your Email Address and a Unique Winning Number assigned to you.
Your Unique Winning Number is DL383/3592 pls write it down some where safe its very important plssssss
I am your Claim Officer and i require More Information about you,In Order for me to process your Claim.
Provide me with the Following Information.
Winning unique No.: Full Name: Address: Sex: Marital Status : Job: Age
Are you Ready to claim your cash the Prize Now? As you have the Option of rejecting it and will be sent directly to the motherless babies home in europe within 48 hrs.
I need to advice you on this,pls once you get your money i will advice you to pls spend it wisely and reasonably 5 other winners have claimed there cash prize and now they are living happily with there family and you are the 6th winner.......u are so lucky..i am so happy for u.........a check will be issued to you in your name.........
Claim Officer,
Sherry.

Do not become a victim. Protect yourself. Protect your money.

Take Action: If you think someone has tried to scam you, please file an Internet scam complaint at Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home.

If you think that you have been scammed, immediately take action to protect yourself and your money. Visit your bank as soon as possible and explain what happened. Your bank may be able to help you protect your money. For example, you may need to close your bank account and open a new one. Your bank may also be able to tell you how to protect your identity, Social Security number, and your credit.

Scam Alert ? Protect Yourself | National Association of the Deaf

just use common sense if anyone ask you for a money to give, then it is too obvious. the answer is "no."

Back