Spring has sprung 2012

Steinhauer

Reaction score
Spring has finally come knocking at my door this year and brought me something to wonder at right in my front yard:

GEDC0836.jpg

GEDC0831.jpg

GEDC0826.jpg

Yes, I like watching plants grow ;)

Got any pics of Spring from your area?

Our Azaleas are in bloom also, so colorful! And some of my flowers and roses have sprouted also. The winter here was actually very mild.

Your pixs are simply gorgeous!....Ahhhh, SPRING!...and an Achoooo!

jealous of southerners living in warm states. hopefully will move there within the next two years.

nice pix

"It Might As Well Be Spring!"

I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm, I'm as jumpy as puppet on a string!
I'd say that I had spring fever, but I know it isn't spring.....

I am starry eyed and vaguely discontented, like a nightingale without a song to sing
O why should I have spring fever, when it isn't even spring!

I wish I were someone else, walking down a strange new street
And hearing words that I've never heard from a girl I've yet to meet.

I'm as busy as spider spinning daydreams.... spinning spinning daydreams!
I'm as giggy as a baby on a swing.....

I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud, or a robin on the wing
But I feel so gay in a melancholy way, that it might as well be spring!

It might as well be spring!"

Beautiful pix!

So far, in bloom here are azaleas, cherry trees, Bradford pear trees, daffodils, forsythia, red bud trees, and iris. The daffodils and forsythia are just about all passed.

My one lone crocus bloomed a week or two ago. I've seen daffy-dills (I know - daffodils).

I used to go to Augusta, GA the 1st week of April, via I-95/I-20 and loved to watch the seasons change over the course of about 20 hours. And, of course, Augusta was usually in full bloom (azaleas & dogwoods).

My one lone crocus bloomed a week or two ago. I've seen daffy-dills (I know - daffodils).

I used to go to Augusta, GA the 1st week of April, via I-95/I-20 and loved to watch the seasons change over the course of about 20 hours. And, of course, Augusta was usually in full bloom (azaleas & dogwoods).

Suggest that maybe you visit Wilmington, N.C. some day...it's the City of Azaleas and has the Azalea Festival every year....plus Dogwood Trees, too, which I love them also....

IMG_4573.JPG

This is the first thing that blooms around here. My Great-grandmother planted it, and she called it Squill.

My front yard.

Attachments

• frontyard1.jpg
    frontyard1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11
  • frontyard3.jpg
    frontyard3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 9
  • cherry1.jpg
    cherry1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 10
Some azaleas in the back yard. They don't all bloom at the same time.

Attachments

• azaleas1.jpg
    azaleas1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 5
  • azaleas2.jpg
    azaleas2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 4
  • azaleas3.jpg
    azaleas3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 4
  • azaleas4.jpg
    azaleas4.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4
  • azaleas5.jpg
    azaleas5.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 3
My favorite azalea bush. It blooms in two different colors.

Attachments

• azaleasdual1.jpg
    azaleasdual1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 6
  • azaleasdual2.jpg
    azaleasdual2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 8
Nothing here in Ohio but the weather will be in high 60s and low 70s for a week starting today. By then I might see buds. Too early and I hate it.

That's so pretty. I recently moved from Texas to Minnesota and I doubt it will ever be warm again. Of course, my definition of pleasantly warm (90) is different from theirs (55-70), but still..

Everything is very wet and drippy here. So even though I'm still freezing.. things are actually thawing out and melting. There may be hope even if I doubt it lol

Steiny, is that a log home in the middle picture?

Spring has sprung here, but I can't seem to get the pictures. The sun is always too bright for be to get a decent picture of the flowers. The aloe vera plant we have has bloomed, my rose bush is blooming and my neighbors yard is a plethora of vibrant colors with her roses, lillies and flowering trees.

Back