CSDVRS Z-ip340 and HOVRS MVP - Comparsion

What's more about the Z 340? You can have two batteries. For example, it dies out, you can quickly replace it with other battery while MVP has only one. That you have to send for a replacement battery, what are you going to do with "dead" MVP?

Okay, I know some of you say "why buy VP while others are free?" Let me explain the reason why I believe buying a VP is the best way to go. It's all about consumer's rights and power. It empowers you to tell VRS company with the product issues, also tell FCC how you feel or think because you OWN your VP. The VRS companies and FCC would listen to the buying consumers. Think about that. I would prefer to buy any deaf products so I have every right to make my decisions, complaints, suggestions and whatnot.

I don't think deaf people shouldn't take anything free for granted. It's my personal opinion. We should be equal to the hearing people who buys stuff as well.

I agree with you about this but you know there are some people who can't afford to buy one and pay monthly charge service to have those stuffs that some people who are working . For some who can't work can't afford this since gas price is going up , food prices is going up, pay rent , lights, cable , phones and dsl cost more now a days . So I dont' think some are taking free for granted or some who has job and decide to be greeding getting those for free and didnt' care . But I tell you think about that too for some who can't work and not getting enough money to support themselves and can't afford monthly charges when they already have dsl for vp . It really sucks but that is true facts for some .

Z-ip340 offers only direct one to one for both VRS and caller(s) on the screen... MVP offers up to 8 callers on the screen. Yet most of the times people would use one to one, anyway. MVP is mere ideal for business(es) and/or organization(s), etc... also a group of friends to share chatting at the same time.
MVP :D - Z340 :thumbd:

Here a link to give us better idea of IP-340's ability to do 4 people in screen. CSDVRS has not advertised this feature but I found this link to be informative about IP-340 ability to work. Check out the link.

You can be there inPerson - inPerson Conferencing

inPerson with Accessories VF0340 - inPerson Conferencing - You can be there inPerson

PDF LINK
http://inperson.creative.com/downloads/inperson_brochure.pdf

Now with this on the Creative.com website, I wonder if CSDVRS will take advantage of that service? Little said about this product.

There you said it - true!

It's what Deaf Mortgage, few others, and I said the same thing, too.

I second to the statement with you and InsaneMisha.

It will empower us the freedom of choices.

Thanks to videogames, our technology performances by the videogame demands of speed and memories. We should do the same with videophone. The more we demand, the more freedom of choices we have.

If freebies, we are limit to choices of what is free. If for sale, we have freedom of what to buy and what to expect the next product to improve.

Kudo to CSDVRS to set Deaf to freedom of choices.

I agree with you about this but you know there are some people who can't afford to buy one and pay monthly charge service to have those stuffs that some people who are working . For some who can't work can't afford this since gas price is going up , food prices is going up, pay rent , lights, cable , phones and dsl cost more now a days . So I dont' think some are taking free for granted or some who has job and decide to be greeding getting those for free and didnt' care . But I tell you think about that too for some who can't work and not getting enough money to support themselves and can't afford monthly charges when they already have dsl for vp . It really sucks but that is true facts for some .

There are no monthly charges set by VRS. Only on the product, not on services.

If one cannot afford to buy a product, it show priority of spending budget. I would rather to put my money on high speed internet and videophone than sit down and watch TV shows.

My internet service cost me $25 monthly for 8mbps/16mbps boost. If add Cable TV, $80... OUCH. I rather to keep internet and get my information in cheaper form than TV.

That is small example of what budget of luxury and needs.

VPAD and MVP have flash light but Z IP-340 don't have flash light :roll:

There are no better than those three.. Every systems are awesome. Every just have pros and cons, that's all. Nothing to be show off, ok ? Its too immature, really. They are fine and depend on individual's view and taste, that's all. :)

Sorenson VP200 FREE
CSDVRS Z340 $99
HOVRS purple 3 $199
snapsvrs ojo FREE
visable vpad, vpad+ $99
d-link dvc1100 $79

every technology has been change alot improve!

The come out z340!!! fold half safe screen display, zvrs friendly service is top, wireless include battery that best carry around travel build in Wifi come with headset ear plug that top! size great and weight oh this one is the top!

Vpad+ doesn't come with nothing :(
doesn't have screen display safe
no battery, no headset, no keyboard or mouse
which you have to add them on your own

ojo too big cant carry with travel cant even fold and half

purple 3 good for school 2 in 1 videphone with 10 digital and windows xp
allow you check your email thru site or do your homework
doesn't have ext cdrw
doesnt have ear plug
you have to add your own

vpad+ two in 1 build videophone 10 digital and www site
doesn't have keyboard on display
doesn't have keyboard and mouse
doesn't have headset
you have to add

vp200 doesn't have keyboard but you have to use removed control
same as well with ojo

all I think so far z340 is the TOP simple videophone!!! and save my money I don't need buy cell phone :)

I already purchased Z340 and I will be getting it next week. I am fully aware that Z340 have advantage/disadvantage.

The advantage is that extra battery is cheap to buy through ZVRS, $20, so that you can have backup in case if there are place to charge battery.. Menu is easy to get around and fast. I did figure most of it out without ZVRS Representative's help. The power adapter is interchangeable with 120v/12vdc itself, You can just slide off the 120v plug tip base and slide in 12vdc battery plug base. Apparently the power adapter automatically senses 120v/12vdc... No need to have two separate power adapters, just the plug itself which means less space in Z340 case.. Neato!!

The noticeable problem with Z340 that was already shown to me by ZVRS Representative at my house was when you leave Z340 running and if it goes into screensaver mode (sleep mode) on battery, When you plug it in the power jack on Z340, It shut down itself, it's the bug in software itself... So you will have to power it up again and let it boot up to main menu. But while its running on battery and while you are on P2P chat or VRS chat, you can plug it in when battery is low, it won't shut down. I don't mind at all cuz they are going to fix that issue in the future and Z340 will upgrade its software.

The MPV and Viable is slow getting around the menu as I played with it during Kansas City Deaf Expo at Bartle Hall. I can tell its obviously running on Linux cuz of typeface and color. It's the issue with processor speed, memory or both that causing everything getting around slow. I prefer fast menu jumping. I can tell why touch screen is nice to have but it's an issue for travel, must have case that came with it to protect its screen.

Z340 didn't need case. Just toss it in suitcase, glovebox, or comparment and go. But the Battery clip on back-bottom battery bay is not strong so best to remove battery before tossing it in. No damage to it.

Just that I like Z340 because it's rugged when closed.

I noticed that Z340 is built by Creative (Splashscreen shows while booting up)

Catty

I already purchased Z340 and I will be getting it next week. I am fully aware that Z340 have advantage/disadvantage.

The advantage is that extra battery is cheap to buy through ZVRS, $20, so that you can have backup in case if there are place to charge battery.. Menu is easy to get around and fast. I did figure most of it out without ZVRS Representative's help. The power adapter is interchangeable with 120v/12vdc itself, You can just slide off the 120v plug tip base and slide in 12vdc battery plug base. Apparently the power adapter automatically senses 120v/12vdc... No need to have two separate power adapters, just the plug itself which means less space in Z340 case.. Neato!!

The noticeable problem with Z340 that was already shown to me by ZVRS Representative at my house was when you leave Z340 running and if it goes into screensaver mode (sleep mode) on battery, When you plug it in the power jack on Z340, It shut down itself, it's the bug in software itself... So you will have to power it up again and let it boot up to main menu. But while its running on battery and while you are on P2P chat or VRS chat, you can plug it in when battery is low, it won't shut down. I don't mind at all cuz they are going to fix that issue in the future and Z340 will upgrade its software.

The MPV and Viable is slow getting around the menu as I played with it during Kansas City Deaf Expo at Bartle Hall. I can tell its obviously running on Linux cuz of typeface and color. It's the issue with processor speed, memory or both that causing everything getting around slow. I prefer fast menu jumping. I can tell why touch screen is nice to have but it's an issue for travel, must have case that came with it to protect its screen.

Z340 didn't need case. Just toss it in suitcase, glovebox, or comparment and go. But the Battery clip on back-bottom battery bay is not strong so best to remove battery before tossing it in. No damage to it.

Just that I like Z340 because it's rugged when closed.

I noticed that Z340 is built by Creative (Splashscreen shows while booting up)

Catty

I saw Z340 at deaf picnic event in Canton Ohio yesterday. it was nice but video image was Ok condition. MVP video image is better than it. no touch screen. no flashing light for incoming calls. I won't buy it. Purplecatty, I will wait to listen about pro and con of it.

CSDVRS manager told me that we could return our SnapVRS OJO to CSDVRS company if never use. They will send $100 rebate to us. I still cofused about it. It s more money than getting $25 refund from SnapVRS. I will contact her and will find out more info.

CSDVRS manager told me that we could return our SnapVRS OJO to CSDVRS company if never use. They will send $100 rebate to us. I still cofused about it. It s more money than getting $25 refund from SnapVRS. I will contact her and will find out more info.

Wow :eek2:

I was told same thing about my SnapVrs Ojo that I have. I asked them if Snapvrs part of Zvrs?? He said no, it's just the software can be changed. I refused to give it to them cuz it's a property of SnapVrs. I wouldn't try it. I prefer to return SnapVrs to get $25. Who knows SnapVrs would ask everyone to return Ojo finding out that some gave it to Zvrs and will send full cost to deafie for not returning. Not worth the risk. I would contact SnapVrs customer svc to find out :eek2:

As for Zvrs Z340, It's just portable that you use for travelling. I understand no flashing lights, I hope they will add one in the future if many deafie complains.... As for screen, the video is great. It's just the broadband speed on someone's network that they are using. Mine just show smooth video on Z340. As for touch screen, there will never be touch screen on it. The button on Z340 is color coded and screen lined up with buttons. I didn't have problem with it. Look at its battery life, 2hrs!! Who would want longer chat on vp than MVP or Viable?? I rather longer battery life to give me plenty of time to chat. Average chat time that most deafie would be at least 30min to 1 hr or longer if P2P chat but if using VRS chat, mostly 10 min up to 30 min. So with MVP or Viable, you don't want to rush rush to squeeze conversation before battery goes dead in an hour or less. Remmy that Li-ion or NiCad battery life tend to become shorter over the time after fequent charge/discharge cycle. So given idea that it sucks big if MVP or Viable would last u 30 min or much less, not giving you time to stretch ur converstation. It's kinda trying to squeeze conversation on ur mobile phone with battery meter at 1 bar or "running on fumes".

Remmy that it's just for travelling and portable purpose.

Ojo have similiar issue except portability. No flashers, just flashes screen like Z340. I wish developer or designer should have thought of adding flasher for deaf to see the lights instead of screen. Cuz when you are not "facing" the screen. No one would want to sit on chair or stare at screen until it flashes when ringing..
:giggle:

I would just use it if my kids owned up tv with VP200 and also for travelling purpose. Also take it out on a beautiful day or have a "home tour" in the house :rofl:

The Wireless VP is very new and it is in its infancy, That's why it have many weakness, battery, design, video quality ect.

Purple Netbook are like Z340 except it can used as a normal laptop when not using P3 vp software...

Hope one day they will develop better one. Soon, it'll be thinner, powerful, smooth, longer battery life ect..

All wireless vp device does get praise and criticism from deafie anyway.
Catty

Last edited:
Wow :eek2:

Hope one day they will develop better one. Soon, it'll be thinner, powerful, smooth, longer battery life ect..

Catty

Yeah, 3G/4G network or/and WiMax network will be coming in some major cities end of year or next year. New video callings mobile device or cellphones will be developing in near future.

Yeah, 3G/4G network or/and WiMax network will be coming in some major cities end of year or next year. New video callings mobile device or cellphones will be developing in near future.

Would anyone want to pay $100 a month for it?? I heard abt Cellular VP which was in development stage and friend of mine saw one at Deaf Expo. They said it was really neat to have it but the monthly fee is $100, they can't afford it plus what's worst, if u want to buy this vp phone, cost over $600. They said it's not worth it, many can't afford that except for rich deafie. They said the con is that screen is pretty small for those who have bi-focals. (Not me! I can see perfectly fine!!) :lol:

Maybe I would :giggle:

Would anyone want to pay $100 a month for it?? I heard abt Cellular VP which was in development stage and friend of mine saw one at Deaf Expo. They said it was really neat to have it but the monthly fee is $100, they can't afford it plus what's worst, if u want to buy this vp phone, cost over $600. They said it's not worth it, many can't afford that except for rich deafie. They said the con is that screen is pretty small for those who have bi-focals. (Not me! I can see perfectly fine!!) :lol:

Maybe I would :giggle:

LOL. I saw CSDVRS s cradlepoint wireless router with Sprint EV-DO Rev. A USB modem for using their notebook and Z340 on picnic table outside. they told me that sprint data plan is $60/mo. WOW Sprint rep told me that 3G/4G network would be coming soon. I don't know what s date. I really want tethering for my iphone 3GS but ATT s not yet be ready to activing tethering and MMS . may be extra $55. I heard that Canada, Australia and New Zealand iphone 3GS data plan include tethering. that s unfair to AT&T! Fail!

LOL. I saw CSDVRS s cradlepoint wireless router with Sprint EV-DO Rev. A USB modem for using their notebook and Z340 on picnic table outside. they told me that sprint data plan is $60/mo. WOW Sprint rep told me that 3G/4G network would be coming soon. I don't know what s date. I really want tethering for my iphone 3GS but ATT s not yet be ready to activing tethering and MMS . may be extra $55. I heard that Canada, Australia and New Zealand iphone 3GS data plan include tethering. that s unfair to AT&T! Fail!
sadly, we, australians have better plans :P

They haven't updated MVP firmware in a while...something's fishy is going on. I think they started focusing on the P3 and left MVP in the dust....There's still lot of bugs to be ironed out on the MVP.

They haven't updated MVP firmware in a while...something's fishy is going on. I think they started focusing on the P3 and left MVP in the dust....There's still lot of bugs to be ironed out on the MVP.

I still be waiting for firmware update 1.5.4 for MVP. This week or next week or nothing yet.

Back