Do you sleep with your hearing aids/ci on?

Thanks for your replies everyone. :)

I never invested in a bed vibrator to alert me when my babies cried, wouldn't it wake up my husband also?

My youngest is now 3 so I really don't need to wear my ha on at night anymore, I used to love sleeping in complete silence, but now since my girls are older my fears have turned from not being to hear them cry, to being worried about intruders in their rooms and such. We have regular baby monitors set up in their rooms and the receivers sit next to my bed.

I only wear one ha on at night and I take turns so that my ears get a rest. I don't think I would be able to sleep comfortably any more not being able to hear my girls.

My husband has perfect hearing but I swear he can sleep through anything! LOL

No, I don't sleep w/ HA's on. When my son was baby, yes I did leave 'em on overnight or fell asleep.

I always take my hearing aid off when I goes to bed. I had a flashing light alarm clocks in the old days and they work for me a lot. I had never had a vibrating bed that would wake me up from the dead. As for my only son, I could not afford a flashing or vibrating baby cryer so I put my son facing down in his little baby carrier next to my bed and just put my hand on his back to feel his crying if he cried. I never had a problem with it. I never used my hearing aid to hear his cry, because like glasses you just don't wear the hearing aid. Beside it is not comfortable to wear the hearing aid to bed on.

I remember when I was in the hospital for the stomach surgery, I was told by the surgeon that I should leave my hearing aid on but take my glasses off. I was puzzled at him and when I was out into darkness and not hearing any sounds. When I woked up from the surgery in the hospital room, I was a little bit groggy and I felt my hearing aid on and I did not like having the hearing aid on like that. This was the first time I have ever wore a hearing aid on in the hospital. I don't know where that surgeon get the idea for me to leave my hearing aid on. :crazy:

I always take my hearing aid off when I goes to bed. I had a flashing light alarm clocks in the old days and they work for me a lot. I had never had a vibrating bed that would wake me up from the dead. As for my only son, I could not afford a flashing or vibrating baby cryer so I put my son facing down in his little baby carrier next to my bed and just put my hand on his back to feel his crying if he cried. I never had a problem with it. I never used my hearing aid to hear his cry, because like glasses you just don't wear the hearing aid. Beside it is not comfortable to wear the hearing aid to bed on.

I remember when I was in the hospital for the stomach surgery, I was told by the surgeon that I should leave my hearing aid on but take my glasses off. I was puzzled at him and when I was out into darkness and not hearing any sounds. When I woked up from the surgery in the hospital room, I was a little bit groggy and I felt my hearing aid on and I did not like having the hearing aid on like that. This was the first time I have ever wore a hearing aid on in the hospital. I don't know where that surgeon get the idea for me to leave my hearing aid on. :crazy:

You got to keep your hearing aid on during surgery, I have never heard of that. I did wear my hearing aids during labor when I gave birth to my girls but not for any other procedure at the hospital. That is interesting to know. :)

I always take mine off, before I go to bed. I usually take it off when I want some quiet time to myself as well.

NOPE! when i was little girl i using hearing aids and i got remove hearing aids before bedtimes i dont think will be both! i would agree with posts.

Nope! I would probably crush or rwist any accessories attached to the CI processor, matter of fact, I don't take unecessary risks considering the CI is fragile as it is.

2 year old wants to sleep with aids in

I am a parent of a 2 year old with hearing loss. He wears bilateral HA's, but we think his hearing loss may have progressed recently and are awaiting an ABR.

In the meantime, I think he is waking up at night a bit disoriented- perhaps because he is not hearing as well without his aids now.

Anyway- tonight he wouldn't lay down for bed unless I left the hearing aids in. Sounds like some do this, but many do not because of moisture issues.

I think I will try it for a night and see if he sleeps better with them in.

Any other advice?

Keep in mind he is 2 (and acting like it these days).

No, I never have worn my HA or my CI when sleeping. Well, my wife made me wear my CI once or twice when she went out of town. I was taking care of the kids and they were young. I will say that I didn't sleep as well as I usually do.

I use a flashing light alarm to wake myself up even though my wife can hear anything. She goes by the theory that I'm a big boy and I can handle getting up in the morning on my own. ;)

No, i don't sleep with my cochlear implant on. I don't like sleeping with it because when i put my head against the pillow, my cochlear implant presses against my ear and when i get up, the pressure releases and it hurts for a little bit. I sometimes fall asleep with my cochlear implant on a nap without even knowing it. I try to avoid that. But no, i don't sleep with my cochlear implant on. as well for my hearing aid when i used to wear it.

I can't sleep with my HA in. I don't usually wear them at home anyway unless I'm babysitting my nephew, then I keep them in just in case. My nephew's mom kept in one HA sometimes while he slept, but she has a mild loss, so I'm not sure if it made a big difference or not. I do not know what type of loss aside from that.

No way. They are off loooong before bedtime. In the door I flip them out, clean them up and toss them into the dryer. I would leave them there in a perfect world.

I couldn't sleep with my HAs on, even if I wanted to, I'd get feedback before my head even hit the pillow!! My HAs start whistling whenever anything gets any where near them, if I doze off on the sofa and turn my head towards one side the HA starts whistling.

I don't think feedback management can help with this, it's just that I need very high gain.

Hi. :)
I wear 2 Phonak Naida V UPs hearing aids and have fallen asleep a few times with them in. My ears hurt after that. I take them out at night and place them in the drying jar over night. There has been a few times, where I will wake up with them in, even though I do not remember putting them in. Very odd.
If I have an appointment or need to wake up at a certain time, then I leave them in so that I can hear my talking alarm clock. It is set to the loudest volume as well. There are other times, when my tinnitus is acting up so badly, that I will put my hearing aids on "t" so that the sound of the interference that the T-coil picks up is loud enough to cancel out my tinnitus 100%. I can sleep so much better when I take a short nap. I also use the "t" setting if I want to turn my hearing aids "off" without having to take the batteries out or if I want to take them out for a short time without having to open the battery up.
I too was allowed to wear my hearing aids during surgery. I am glad that they let me wear them, so that I could hear what they were saying to me. I woke up after surgery and forgot they were in my ears. lol
I took them out later that day to sleep off some of the anesthesia.
It is a strange experience to hear all the noises of the operating room and the machines beeping and alarms going off all the time. I woke up to hear my heart monitor, EKG machine beeping and it was so annoying. I was not thrilled about hearing that thing. My hearing was much better back then. I dont know if I could hear one of those machines now though.

Wirelessly posted (Sidekick LX 2009 - carbon)

Sometimes I leave my cI on for certain reason. I would listen to music to sleep. But where I live is dangerous area. I often hear the gun shots. So I must wear them because they might try break in. Or shooting at the windows.

ok i dont have kids yet but i for see the need to wear my fm system console and have the fm transmitter stripped to the kids backs.

does anyone know if the phonak mylink can receive more than 1 fm transmitter signal at time?

and yes i will sleep with it round my neck with ipod headphones in my ears

No - I don't (unless I fall asleep with my HA on - maybe 2x a year)

When I'm looking after young children I put my Sonic Alert universal sound signaller (U.S.S - also known as baby-cry signallers) in the room they are in (with the sensitivity set to "high") and then my Sonic Boom and room receivers pick up the U.S.S. (in addition to my doorbell, phone and alarm clock signals).

In my case each room has a light that is a signaller light & my Sonic Boom has the option of flashing a light &/or vibrating (puck under the mattress).

It works VERY well (and when not being used for "listening" to children/infants I move it so that it can "listen" for the stove alarm, cell phone ringing, computer beep (incoming IM, new email etc).

Very good deal for $45.00

You never know where your hearing aid will end up if you sleep with them on... plus I love sleeping way too much to wear them to bed...i prefer to sleep while everyone else is awake during thunderstorms or while the neighbor's dogs barking all night.

I don't sleep with my cochlear implant (speech processor ) on. I leave my speech processor on once. It was a bit scary because I never heard some noises at night before.

I never have slept with Hearing Aids or with my Implant in over 45 years. Right now my Implant battery is being recharged for tomorrow.Pretty quiet!

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

Back