Korean Sign Language

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
In another thread Liebling had mentioned in her post about learning Korean sign language, so I decide to do some research on Korean sign language, I found an interesting video of a lady who was singing "Don't make a face" in Korean sign language. One of the interesting things about sign language is knowing that every deaf people all over the world don't sign the same as we do. When I met Liebling in person last July, she taught us some of her Germany sign language, It was challenging trying to communicate in different sign language, it was so much fun and we all had a good laugh out of this. I wonder if some signs may offensive some deaf in America, while some of our signs may offensive others in their countries. I :dunno:, Anyways I hope you guys will enjoy this video as much as I did. :)

[yt]y8kxvl-IOzs[/yt]

I will try to view those video when I am home from work tonight and will tell you what I think of this.

I still remember some of Korean sign languages which it was long time ago in 1986 as I first came to work for US Government and met US solider whom married to deaf Korean lady. We enjoyed to learn from them for 3 years before they went back to USA.

Yes, we have good laugh when we learn each other over our different sign language last July 07.. .:D

Sorry I had to laugh as it sure is different....

Is she singing "Happy Birthday" in sign language???

Sorry I had to laugh as it sure is different....

Is she singing "Happy Birthday" in sign language???

No, she was singing a song called "Don't make a face" in Korean sign language.

Thanks for the video, Angel. Very interesting. Just as spoken languages are all different, so are signed languages. But the spoken languages all use voice to communicate, and the signed languages all use hands to communicate. That is where they are alike.

I enjoyed it. Seem like she was too.

Actually, I wanted to learn Japanese Sign Language. But there isn't anyone or resources which I can use or practice with.

People can't become offended by different sign language because it is different after all. I think in Japanese Sign Language they used middle finger for one of alphabet. I am not too sure on that but yeah.

People got to be open minded about it.

Nonetheless, one day I would love to learn foreign sign language and it's okay if it's not Japanese. I think it's good for everyone to know more than one language whether it's spoken or signed.

That was cool and neat to watch, heck, sure makes my mind go 'haywire' just watching the lips and not understanding it! :lol: At least, getting the "one, two, one, two, three and four" and one signed word: sad. Everything else...ha.

It's always interesting to see and watch others speak/sign in a different language that is known. Good video and thanks for sharing with AD'ers.

~RR

Interesting video, Angel!

Well I know some of Japanese sign language and own a Japanese Sign Language book that I bought when I was IN Japan, with the DVD include, it was so cool! But too bad, it's all in Japanese, little English..

I love to learn foregin sign language, but most of them seems are hard to find...

Very beautiful!!! I don't understand the amazing woman who signs the song "Don't Make A Face". I could see that she is doing her singing with mouth movements while she was signing. Very beautiful and graceful when she signs. I love the video. I have never been to different countries like Europe, Asia, Africa, Russia, Australia and the Islands like Hawaii which is in United States. Wow!!!! Great video. Thank you. :rockon:

I think in Japanese Sign Language they used middle finger for one of alphabet. I am not too sure on that but yeah.

To answer this - In Japanese Sign Language, the middle finger means Brother.

Also using both middle fingers while going up and down in an opposite way is the sign for Toyko.

I met a guy who I've known for a while few years ago and his wife is from Japan. She taught me some of the Japanese Sign Language. That is how I knew.

It is interesting to see different sign language. I couldn't understand the Korean Sign Lanuage at all, lol but at the same time, I thought it was cool because each country has their own unique ways of their languages.

Wow, interesting video. I never seen Korean Sign Language before, it looks very different and I don't get most of what she's saying. I know a few Japanese sign language ...maybe up to 5 signs.

that is interesting, don't understand any of it, but it also reminds me that a lot of no signing friends of mine are surprised that sign is not the same from country to country

Angel, thanks for the neat video! :ty:

Is the song in Koren or in English? I usually can make out a few words here and there with most songs but not this one and the sound pattern doesn't sound like English to me.

To answer this - In Japanese Sign Language, the middle finger means Brother.

I am actually pretty sure the same applies to Korean Sign Language, where the middle finger is Brother and the pinkie is Sister. If you move either finger up or down it implies whether they are older or younger. This is what I learnt from a guest in my ASL class, who knows Korean, Korean Sign Language, English, and a bit of American Sign Language.

At last!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to view those video for several days but it doesn´t work. The problem is YouTube...

I viewed those video today... It works better at last...

I watched her sign language with lip movement... wow

Thank you for post those video to fresh my memory bit :lol:

Kenyan Sign Language

I thought I'd share this with you guys - It's interesting to see the diversity of each own's sign language.

Here's Kenyan Sign Language -- Kenyan Sign Language

Back