top ten reasons not and to move to arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends where you go. the descriptions sounds like you didn't pay attention to what you eat and where to live. all cities have bad areas, even here in seattle. don't you have anything positive about arizona?

I agree...every place has good and bad parts. I live here near DC and Baltimore which are supposely the murder capitals of the country and I love living here. In the 8 years I have lived here, I have yet witness a crime happening or a shooting. Same thing goes for Phx..I have never witnessed a shooting or crime.

Just if u live in Phx, dont drive a red or blue car at night in South Phx due to gangs if that is still the case. The gangs generally leave regular people alone. Only thing I would worry about is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If I do want to move back to west coast, I would choose Arizona for myself.

same here..I wouldnt mind New Mexico either but family lives in AZ so AZ is #1 priority if I would ever to move back to the West coast.

My last visit to Phx was two years ago and I gotta say that the designs of the new buildings are so much more beautiful than they were in my time when I was growing up. The buildings are designed to fit into the desert scenery.

Oh...another positive...lots of spas and resorts. :)

Many people have that wrong idea about AZ having no snow..in fact almost all of Northern AZ gets snow each year..averaging 2 feet. That is more snow than here in MD! There are ski resorts. Heck even Tucson, in Southern AZ, has a ski resort!

When I moved here in MD, during my first winter here, many people assumed it was my first time to see snow. I was like no...I grew up going to Northern AZ to go snow tubing each winter with my dad. :ugh3:

Got good idea... :)

Snow in AZ
phxsnow04.jpg

phoenix_snow_2.jpg

cavecreek3.jpg

desert.jpg

2005_01_05_P1053467.jpg

I agree...every place has good and bad parts. I live here near DC and Baltimore which are supposely the murder capitals of the country and I love living here. In the 8 years I have lived here, I have yet witness a crime happening or a shooting. Same thing goes for Phx..I have never witnessed a shooting or crime.

Just if u live in Phx, dont drive a red or blue car at night in South Phx due to gangs if that is still the case. The gangs generally leave regular people alone. Only thing I would worry about is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It does same in South Glendale but used to be ok in 90's then some old houses are filled with junkyard, also one of my friend live in nice apt in South Glendale and other shitty houses are located in other side, that's looks like odd.

Do I have to *bump* you? Colorado mmmmmmmm

It wasn't my ideas to live in Las Vegas, it was the roommate's ideas, I had no knowledge what this city is about, I got treated like SHITS there, actually I watched what I eats, hard to see what's inside the foods like the buffets also No I don't have any positive to says about Arizona either, MEAN people there and MEAN people in Las Vegas, no differences.

depends where you go. the descriptions sounds like you didn't pay attention to what you eat and where to live. all cities have bad areas, even here in seattle. don't you have anything positive about arizona?

Make sure.......

Make sure nobody moved to Cortez, it is very isolated, looks for a place that doesn't looks isolated, you can get very lonely and crazy in a very isolated area....Choose the place carefully!!!

It wasn't my ideas to live in Las Vegas, it was the roommate's ideas, I had no knowledge what this city is about, I got treated like SHITS there, actually I watched what I eats, hard to see what's inside the foods like the buffets also No I don't have any positive to says about Arizona either, MEAN people there and MEAN people in Las Vegas, no differences.

Mean people in AZ so that means my brother is a mean person? :giggle: There are nice and mean people everywhere. It seems like u got in with the wrong people.

no snow? it snows in high mountains of arizona, even in flagstaff.

oh yeah, I thought you want move to Phoneix. Live in small town where there have snow. umm.... would you?

okay.. new pro/con...

pro
- awesome mexican food.

con
- it's fricking hot, better live on mountain. bwhaha

Hahaha, we aren't deciding on just Arizona....we are looking into Colorado, Texas and other states, too. I will post a thread on Colorado, Texas later. Of course, we will check it out before we move.

My bf and I visited Tucson, AZ several years back to visit a friend and check out the place to see if we want to move there.

Pros:

Gas is cheaper there than in CA! And better quality in the summer time due to not have to change it to less polluting gas like in CA.

Cheaper rent

Have nice areas to live

Have hiking and other outdoor stuff to do

Everything is cheaper there than in CA

Cons:

No ocean for my bf to surf in ;)

There is a large poor area seperated by a freeway to the south (or east, dont remember).

Too f**king HOT in the summer!!

Will have water shortages in near future--they are starting to worry about it now. (same in CA)

Smaller deaf social life in Tucson.

Just a few things I remember from that trip and it may not be the most accurate but it was a short trip. :)

My bf and I visited Tucson, AZ several years back to visit a friend and check out the place to see if we want to move there.

Pros:

Gas is cheaper there than in CA! And better quality in the summer time due to not have to change it to less polluting gas like in CA.

Cheaper rent

Have nice areas to live

Have hiking and other outdoor stuff to do

Everything is cheaper there than in CA

Cons:

No ocean for my bf to surf in ;)

There is a large poor area seperated by a freeway to the south (or east, dont remember).

Too f**king HOT in the summer!!

Will have water shortages in near future--they are starting to worry about it now. (same in CA)

Smaller deaf social life in Tucson.

Just a few things I remember from that trip and it may not be the most accurate but it was a short trip. :)

Thanks for posting this! IT's all right, you did your best. I have never gone far in Arizona on my own, only the extreme Northwest part on I-15 from Utah to Nevada. The part that doesn't count when I was only 2 years old being in Arizona for few months, I don't remember it anyway.

Here are some Pros and Cons for AZ:

Pros:

A lot of snakes crawling around the houses
Hot as the best
Dry as the best
Sit on a friendly cactus if no provide outdoor chairs
Limited drinking water
Join with repelled Indians
No trees
No grass
Mexican gangs
No cell phone towers
Less rain
Flat land for towns
Alien abductions

Cons:

Too many beautiful places
a few population
Blue sky
Too quiet
Cheap gas price
Too expensive to live
Too many air conditioners

Oops. My information is incorrect. Oh well. Good Luck for your firsthand!

Here are some Pros and Cons for AZ:

Pros:

A lot of snakes crawling around the houses
Hot as the best
Dry as the best
Sit on a friendly cactus if no provide outdoor chairs
Limited drinking water
Join with repelled Indians
No trees
No grass
Mexican gangs
No cell phone towers
Less rain
Flat land for towns
Alien abductions

Cons:

Too much beautiful places
a few population
Blue sky
Too quiet
Cheap gas price
Too expensive to live
Too many air conditioners

Oops. My information is incorrect. Oh well. Good Luck for your firsthand!

Have you ever lived in Arizona or visited Arizona often?

Have you got the Pros and Cons mixed up? It doesn't look like it make sense. Some of them belong to Cons, some belongs to Pros. *scratches my head*

Sequios..

U seem like the kind of guy who loves to live in forests where there r a lot of trees.

If I am correct about u then Phx is probably not the right place for u. Too barren. Tucson, maybe, even though not many trees.

Flagstaff is probably the best for u.

Huge cons living in Flagstaff, Show Low, Payson, Prescoot or any of those mountain towns are possible no deaf community and forest fires.

I don't know about the mountain towns but no 4 seasons in AZ..

Sequios..

U seem like the kind of guy who loves to live in forests where there r a lot of trees.

If I am correct about u then Phx is probably not the right place for u. Too barren. Tucson, maybe, even though not many trees.

Flagstaff is probably the best for u.

Huge cons living in Flagstaff, Show Low, Payson, Prescoot or any of those mountain towns are possible no deaf community and forest fires.

I don't know about the mountain towns but no 4 seasons in AZ..

Yes, that's correct, I love forests. That's why I was trying to tell Sweetheart that. I don't really like deserts that much. I know that there are many forest towns in Arizona are small and have lack of jobs and don't pay good and they're expensive to live in, too. Also, not many deaf people live there, too. Well, many mountain towns in Arizona do have 4 seasons, even tho they get nasty wildfires. Ack! I was thinking of Colorado, but will see.

There's a lot of coniferous forests here in Seattle metro area. :)

Have you ever lived in Arizona or visited Arizona often?

Have you got the Pros and Cons mixed up? It doesn't look like it make sense. Some of them belong to Cons, some belongs to Pros. *scratches my head*

Well. It is my fault. I'm bad now.

I am disappointed to hear that you are thinking about moving out someday. I think your state is beautiful, and you could find a cheaper property tax in other town in your state. What is your tax percent?

I have never visited both states. I think that Colorado is better because of a lot of activities. My sister's old boyfriend still lives there, and he loves there. He goes out skiing a lot. I don't know about now. It might change a lot of things around the towns.

Colorado

Good

Pretty mountain
Lake with beach
Camping, biking, hiking etc

Bad
many house, apartment, condo etc are so expensive
High Gas
No deaf event expect SAC for elder deaf people
No deaf social

That why we are planning to move Washington (state).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back