PBS "Through Deaf Eyes"

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
Through Deaf Eyes

Through Deaf Eyes | PBS

PBS Previews | Through Deaf Eyes

THROUGH DEAF EYES is a two-hour HDTV documentary that explores 200 years of Deaf life in America. The film includes interviews with prominent members of the Deaf community, including Marlee Matlin and Gallaudet University president I. King Jordan.

Interwoven throughout the film are six short documentaries produced by Deaf media artists and filmmakers. Poignant, sometimes humorous, these commissioned stories bring a personalized sense of Deaf life in America to the film. Through first person accounts and the film as a whole, THROUGH DEAF EYES tells the story of conflicts, prejudice and affirmation that ultimately reaches the heart of what it means to be human.

Premieres Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 9 PM ET

I got this information through a friend of mine and thought I'd share it with you all to have a see.

I recall, there was a "Through Deaf Eyes" tour back in 2001 that was hosted by University of Kentucky. I had went there and saw a lot of exhibitions that was related to the Deaf History. There were so many informations that was so shortly absorbed into.

It'll be interesting to see what PBS has to air in 2 hours.

This upcoming Wednesday, March 21st, PBS will be airing a two hour documentary entitled, "Through Deaf Eyes" at 9pm. The documentary will be examining the history of deafness.

For a synopsis, check out the website for for more information:
PBS Previews | Through Deaf Eyes

So watch it! It's bound to be interesting (I hope).

I'm looking forward to this. I have to admit I laughed a little when I saw the program description from the network, something about "...the history of the hearing impaired." Duh! (Granted, they did also use the term "deaf" to describe the filmmakers.)

looking forward to this when i get off work i'll get my arse home and plant my butt in front of the tv so i can see this myself!

I'm watching it b/c I need to, for my class. I'm taking a Deaf History class this semester.

Through Deaf Eyes

That's for tomorrow night...I'll try to remember! :thumb:

I set my DVR to record Through Deaf Eyes. PBS said it was going to air at night but I have it recording at 9:00 a.m. I don't know if this is the same every where, but in Waco, it is coming on at nine in the morning. It is also on the 23rd here. I am excited to see it. I will be watching to see what everyone has to say about it afterwards.

I jsut got an email from NAD about this program. I'm really looking forward to it!

So far, I'm enjoying it, I wish I could have recorded it though. It's amazing to learn more about the deaf culture.
And learn a few new signs along with that :)

-Krista

I am watching it right now. I am SOOO glad there is NO stupid commercial! :giggle: So far I know few of them on it! :) I was like OMG!!! LOL!

We watched the program. Very interesting. If you missed it, or you want to see it again, or show it to other people, you can buy the DVD or tape from PBS.org.

loved it loved it loved it ! Wished my parents watched it. Then they could understand better. My family is a hearing family. I'm an only deaf person now.

PBS will broadcast it again on later dates.

For the schedule, go to pbs.org, then click on "Through Deaf Eyes" > "About the Film" > "Broadcast schedule" > type in your ZIP code > Next > pick your station > Next

Banjo, thanks for the Amazon link. That's cheaper than the PBS store.

Back