The truth about me, Fuzzy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what happened...all I know is that you should hold your ground with your beliefs...no one is going to be 100% in agreement. Even though I'm Deaf, I believe in things that turn the heads of the deafies...I believe in using cued speech to teach literacy (I get some dirty looks, whoa) and I believe in auditory training...that one gets me in the hot water. The key for me is backing up my beliefs with data when necessary. I'm not a sheep...but if I must be, then let me proudly be a black sheep. Be yourself. If anyone has a problem with it, they can go play with themselves. Of course, report any abusive behavior to the mods...

Now a days, one must have the attitude of "this is me. this is who I am. I will forever continue to be me, & if you do not like it, that is your problem not mine".

The Deaf should be this way more than the hearing I believe, for it is the deaf that are pushed, and forced into a life that most of them do not want.

If I have said or done anything to upset you, make you feel uncomfortable, make you angry with me, I humbly apologize. That was never my intention. I do not know you well enough to criticize anything you say and/or do.

I know who it is that you speak of, though I can't say anything about them either because for the same reasons, I do not know them well enough either.

I am only here to make sure that I have not done anything ungentleman like, and if I have, apologize for it.

I bid you peace.

Then you are not a Militant. :P

i will observed more review your personal take an time More story I need to aware it important It is very worth reason

Wirelessly posted

depends how much later. The outcomes for before 2 are great, before 4 ok. After age 5, things get much more difficult. After age 7, if the child is not already oral it is very unlikely that they will be.

I grew up hearing & speaking. had excellent hearing. then I got cancer & lost most of my hearing. I am 95% deaf in my right ear & 60% deaf in my left ear. Tho I have the ability to speak, I rarely do any more because people do not understand me when I use my voice; so I use sign language about 98% of the time.
It is easier for me this way & I suspect that the reason why many deaf do not use their voice is for the same reasons....it's easier for them to not speak.

I have no statistics to back this up, no numbers to crunch. This is what I have observed in the last 30 yrs in myself AND with the deaf.

Then you are not a Militant. :P

No Ma'am.

I am not a militant. I'm a lover not a fighter. If there is a peaceful way out of a bad situation, I will find it. I do not like to fight or argue with anyone. That is not my way.

I am a peaceful, caring, type of man & always will be.

Now that does not mean I will be as a rug for people to walk on, no way! I will stand up for what I believe, but not at the cost of my reputation or character. I will often walk away from a fight because I am not a great speaker like many I know that are.

No Ma'am.

I am not a militant. I'm a lover not a fighter. If there is a peaceful way out of a bad situation, I will find it. I do not like to fight or argue with anyone. That is not my way.

I am a peaceful, caring, type of man & always will be.

Now that does not mean I will be as a rug for people to walk on, no way! I will stand up for what I believe, but not at the cost of my reputation or character. I will often walk away from a fight because I am not a great speaker like many I know that are.

That is what you have to do when you need to stand up for your right to be heard and let them know how you feel when you can not hear or not be able to understand what hearing people say. You have the right to have accommodations when you need them to help you in the hearing society.

That is what I am trying to do to get my right as a Deaf person and as a Native person. I have two worlds and it is hard on me trying to live by their standards (meaning the white society that want me to be like them all the way through). Geez. I am never be like them ever. That is who I am. If you are still not a militant, then you can decline and never get your right to stand up and face them. :(

Wirelessly posted

deafdyke said:
On the other hand......when talking about benifit from implantation etc are we talking about deep profound/auditory nereopathy vs. some speech perception from hearing aids? There is a HUGE difference. I mean I do think that if a baby or toddler has some speech perception with hearing aids, that there's still a window to develop spoken language. Heck.....a lot of kids weren't dx until they were toddlers even when WE were little....Heck, back in the old days when Clarke was booming, kids didn't start school until they were five and they still developed spoken language!

you can't have it both ways. You can't say that thousands of deaf kids were failed by oralism twenty years ago, but then advocate for the same methods! If we wait for huge language delays to implant, we end up with kids with huge language delays! You can't on one hand say that it worked just fine and then on the other curse the methods.

Wirelessly posted

you can't have it both ways. You can't say that thousands of deaf kids were failed by oralism twenty years ago, but then advocate for the same methods! If we wait for huge language delays to implant, we end up with kids with huge language delays! You can't on one hand say that it worked just fine and then on the other curse the methods.

You can support a kid learning to speak and listen but still condemn some of the teaching methods. And if a kid can hear well enough with hearing aids, then yeah, of course they can learn to speak and read.

And yes, oralism 20 years ago meant no ASL, no deaf schools, no contact with the deaf community. That SHOULD be condemned.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Please deal directly with the people with whom you have issues. It doesn't help to create drama. If you cannot resolve the conflict with certain people, the ignore feature is your friend. Add me to ignore if you'd like. That's what I'm going to do to avoid the drama.

Last edited:
If I have said or done anything to upset you, make you feel uncomfortable, make you angry with me, I humbly apologize. That was never my intention.

I have no beef with you James :)
No need for an apology - first, in no way you hurt me,
second, from your other posts I can tell you don't know me that well so you couldn't continually mis-interpret me, sweetie,
thus you can't be one of those people I had in mind.
There, it's all resolved :)

Please deal directly with the people with whom you have issues. It doesn't help to create drama. If you cannot resolve the conflict with certain people, the ignore feature is your friend. Add me to ignore if you'd like. That's what I'm going to do to avoid the drama.

I have better idea- I can sense I make you itch. Why don't YOU put me on ignore???

My thread was needed.

There is too many people who keep misleading other people about me
by way of continually twisting my words.
It is impossible to write each one of them and anyway it would be useless and you know why?

Because no matter what I would tell them,
they would twist and misinterpret my words anyway.

No, I had to declare my opinions out in the open, and once and for all
a hard, clear, written proof, impossible to manipulate,

so there would be NO mistake this time around ever again,
like it or not - Sally Lou.

Fuzzy

Wirelessly posted (droid)

You didn't read post carefully enough. I am going to put you on ignore when I can.

You can support a kid learning to speak and listen but still condemn some of the teaching methods. And if a kid can hear well enough with hearing aids, then yeah, of course they can learn to speak and read.

And yes, oralism 20 years ago meant no ASL, no deaf schools, no contact with the deaf community. That SHOULD be condemned.

amen support worth supportive on courage to kiding asl and speak worth wisdom!
that is why supportive, education teacher to courage to asl and speaking! otherwise on more communication!

that is why supportive, education teacher to courage to asl and speaking! otherwise on more communication!

Agree 100000000000000000000% !!!
You hit the bulls-eye - MORE communication!

High five, Travis!

Fuzzy

I'd like see you when people keep saying untrue thing about you, smartypants.

:wave:

Fuzzy

Well, I don't post untruths to begin with, so no one needs or wants to post any untruths about me (and I think none ever have), so I think there's no worries there. :)

p.s. name-calling doesn't really get one anywhere, so you might wonder why people don't like/respond/ignore your posts. Just food for thought, smartypants.

Where there is love there is life... Mohandas Gandi

Gandi was a pioneer of (peaceful) civil disobedience.

Just an observation...

Agree 100000000000000000000% !!!
You hit the bulls-eye - MORE communication!

High five, Travis!

Fuzzy

0_o you hit on bull eye!? serious careful thread

I know experience communication and best skills lots of supportive I clear understand because sometimes on hearing blocked on communication I experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back